no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I was amazed to see such great reviews on this product from other websites because this product felt awful on my skin. It felt like straight up greasy dimethicone. I couldn’t tell if it really hydrated my skin because all I felt was that slippery feel on my skin. The jar is also unhygienic overtime. Thankfully I only got the smaller size because I would never buy this again

About reviewer (323 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

9 months ago

I purchased this in a cute holiday set that came in a pink bag and with the moisturizer. I have tried maybe two sleeping packs before this and those are the Sephora ones that come in a pod and also the Etude House Bubble Tea sleeping pack in Green Tea. You can purchase this in a set at Sephora for $45 which gives you a jar of 2.7 oz/80 mL and also comes with the moisturizer. I have seen these sets drop in price, so you can keep your eyes peeled. If you only want the mask, it's $45 for 2.7 oz/80 mL or $22 for 1 oz/30 mL. This is the only time where I actually recommend purchasing the mini size. I do not wear sleeping packs every single night, and they take forever to go through. If you have never used one before, it would be beneficial to see how your skin reacts to an overnight product. If you like it, you can get the larger size. If you don't, you've only spent $22. The product packaging feels very well-made and luxurious. It comes in a glass jar and the product is pink. The texture is like an extremely thin, watery gel. The scent smells like a delicious watermelon that doesn't come off as too artificial. As for the product performance, I find that I am so used to a thicker gel that this watermelon sleeping mask didn't feel good to me. It didn't feel cooling or special. I only use a tiny amount each time and find that my skin does wake up looking supple, but I can get those kinds of results with something a lot cheaper. This product also claims to be an AHA which is a type of exfoliant, but I don't feel as though it has exfoliated much and feel as though it's an extra step that seems daunting. Like it's a chore to use. Since this is technically also an exfoliant, I do not recommend using this every night. I already have my favorite exfoliants and don't want my sleeping masks to be multi-taskers. I am just looking for something soothing that could just tame redness and can add a very thin layer of moisture to my oily skin. This missed the mark for me.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2 years ago

Unfortunately this made me break out into bumps all over my cheeks. Wanted to love it. Used it for two weeks and thought it smelled great and made my skin soft. But noticed the bumps and stopped using it and my skin cleared up. Several weeks later I tried using this mask again and same thing happened, bumps all over. It has great reviews on Sephora and beauty forums but it did not work for me. I have sensitive skin.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

The glow recipe watermelon face mask was something I had really wanted to buy, I love watermelon and it smells just like watermelon! It comes with a little mixer/spoon which I had no idea what to use it for until I opened it up and oil came spilling out of it. YUCK! It was sooooo oily, dripping everywhere, got on my keyboard, into my keys, all over my bed, etc. I was so upset,... at least I found out what the mixer is for now. I mixed it up and sadly there was still so much oil in it, too much to put on my face, so I've been using it as decor right now, at least it provides a nice watermelon smell.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age19-24