Maybelline Total Temptation Brow Definer Pencil

Maybelline Total Temptation Brow Definer Pencil

3.9

on 7/11/2018 6:25:00 AM

I found my HG brow product, finally! I absolutely love this--it is amazing. I recently bought ABH Brow Wiz when Ulta had it half-off. I thought it was pretty good, except the spoolie end broke within two weeks. But I saw this, and had a coupon, which made it very reasonable. I haven't had my ABH Brow Wiz out once since I bought this. This gives me beautiful, defined brows so quickly. The shape of the actual product is certainly thicker than a regular, thin pencil, but it is not as thick as some that I have tried. I find it very easy to work with. Since it's teardrop shaped, you can turn it to get the thinner point for the tail of your brows. I have it in soft brown, and I think it's kind of neutral. Not warm, not ashy. It makes my brows look defined and gives them some control. I can get the more natural look I prefer, but it works to give you a more dramatic look if you wish. (I've tried, just for fun.) The spoolie is wonderful, too. It's a different shape, not long and thin. It really works well, and I think this will be sturdier and last longer. (It already has; I've been using this daily for about a month.) Sometimes I go over it lightly with L'Oreal's newer Brow Stylist for more lasting, all day hold. That has become my brow mascara of choice.

I have struggled to find a brow product that I like for so long. I've spent a lot of money and thrown a lot of products away in my search. This is it for me-perfection! I'm not going to pay more for higher end products when this is available for such a reasonable price. Plus, Maybelline often does coupons, and of course you can find sales at Walgreen's or such.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz. Except actually I like this a lot better!!! Better quality packaging (the last 2 brow wiz I bought the spollie head broke off)
I still run a powder over top of it if I need my makeup to last a long work day but I had to do that with the brow wiz too.

It’s a really good formula and price point is excellent.

This review is for the Dark Brown shade.
One of the worst brow products I've tried since dying my hair dark. When I applied this to my brows, the product leaves behind crumbs of product in my brows. The product is not too creamy nor too hard, it's a good consistency imo but I hate the crumbs that this product leaves behind when I apply this to my brows. The lead for this is way too thick imo so you're not going to get a precise brow look especially on the tail end on your brows.
I'm so tired of all these new brow products coming out with a thick lead for brow application. Whoever thinks this is a good idea for a product needs to be fired. I mean hey, if you like the thick, overdrawn Chola brow look then knock yourself out but as for me, hell no.
As for the color for the Dark Brown shade, it is cool toned. No warm tones at all in this shade which is good. It's near black but not quite black and would be a suitable shade option for those who have dark brown hair or black hair (my hair is black at the moment).
I should have saved the package and receipt for this to return because now I'm out $10 and still haven't found a suitable brow product since dying my hair black. This went into the trash after using it twice.
I don't recommend this at all. I also feel a little irritated that they have no shades for redheads which is what my hair was before I dyed it black.

I have this in the deep brown and it's good for brunettes imo as it doesn't pull red. Most pencils for brows just look too red on my nc 35 skin, but this one is a good tone. I got it for $6 on sale and the spoolie is a thick bristle. The shape isn't great for precise work but for broad strokes, I like this pencil.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh. I usually use the LOreal brow stylist pencil. I gave this one a shot because of reviews on YouTube. I don’t have much eyebrows. I feel like the Maybelline pencil is just too thick for my brows. I can’t get a precise line like I do with the LOreal. The product seems creamier which means it doesn’t stay well on my brows. Is it the worst I’ve tried? No. I just wont repurchase because I prefer the LOreal for my brows.

on 3/8/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I didn’t like this at first because it doesn’t give me the Instagram brow realness that I crave. But I am going to a conference for work and playing around with looks and I love this pencil now! It is very waxy so you do not need to follow up with a brow setter. It also is a good color of dark brown that is not veering towards black. Gives a defined look but can give a more feathered look with more strokes of the spoolie on the end. I like the shape and size of the spoolie. I also like the rectangular shape and size of the actual pencil. It is a steal at $7 and I would purchase again. Maybelline can have all my money. I love this brand.

Maybe I'd buy it again... it's pretty ok but the color again is way off. Blonde is not brown...why does no one get that??? The shape is nice and the spooly is great but it's needed so u can blend the color down cuz it's sooo dark. Overall it's great for the ease of use and price, but u could just spend a bit more and get a great pencil that's actually blonde.

on 3/1/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a wax-type pencil in a twist-up holder. The shape of the color pencil is a rectangle as opposed to the usual round (versatile). There is a short spooly on the opposite end. I like this product for putting natural-looking color on the skin where there are brow gaps. It does not seem to cling very much to the actual eyebrow hairs. So far, it wears well throughout the day. A person with thick eyebrows would be better off with a mousse-gel product. I purchased the Blonde shade and it does run light although this is fine with me because I like a softer look. The Blonde shade is slightly warm but does not pull red; I probably would also be happy with the Soft Brown shade. If you need color on skin, this is definitely worth trying.

Popular Brows Products