Clinique 2-in-1 Cleansing Micellar Gel + Light Makeup Remover

Clinique 2-in-1 Cleansing Micellar Gel + Light Makeup Remover
2-in-1 Cleansing Micellar Gel + Light Makeup Remover

Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Propanediol, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Polysorbate 20, Sucrose, Trehalose, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycerin, Bisabolol, Pullulan, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Decyl Glucoside, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/31/2018 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very finicky pale, dry, sensitive Rosacean skin which I managed to get under control and I have established a good, gentle skincare routine over the past 10 years. In general I'll stick to what works; I'm very reluctant trying new products but I couldn't resist trying the new Clinique 2-in-1 Cleansing Micellar Gel + Light Makeup Remover. I like it very much! My skin doesn't like most micellar cleansers (I can only tolerate the (EU) Nivea Sensitive Micellar Water) but I am pleasantly surprised. It feels refreshing, is quick and easy to use and it doesn't dry out or irritate my skin at all.
It's also quite economical; you only have to use a little amount. I apply a dime-sized amount onto my face, spread and wipe off with one or two damp cotton pads.
Another plus is they sell travel-sized (50ml) tubes so you don't have to bring the full-size (150ml) tube on vacation. Be aware this will only remove very light (eye/lip/face) makeup; no heavy and/or waterproof makeup and certainly no sunscreen. But it would be a great addition to a double-cleansing routine as well. So this is def. making his way into my trust-and-tried skincare routine! See My Notepad for more information on Rosacea and my full skincare routine. HTH!

on 2/28/2018 5:38:00 AM

I do find this refreshing gel to be very pleasant to use.
It is more like a water-boost for me than a cleanser and use it after all make up is removed, more like giving the skin the feel of waves of moisture.

It is a simple but genius formula of some water soluble silicone, humectants (Propanediol, and an insignificant amount of Butylene Glycol and Glycerin) in water with hyaluronic acid and some very good anti-inflammatory actives (Bisabolol and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7) along with some soothing botanical (Cucumber.Extract). It is fragrance-free and the pH is right for even the most sensitive skin types.

It is similar formula to the LRP Micellar Water Gel (minus the fragrance).
The one from Clinique has an overall lighter feel than the LRP Micellar Gels.