Cover FX Power Play Liquid Foundation

Cover FX Power Play Liquid Foundation

3.7

AQUA (WATER) (EAU), DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) HULL POWDER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIOLEIN, AMMONIUM C6-16 PERFLUOROALKYLETHYL PHOSPHATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLYCERYL DIOLEATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, ALCOHOL, METHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I’m unsure if I like this product or not! Applying is pretty difficult and I’ve tried numerous ways ie. brush, blender and fingers. Using the brush is by far the harderst! It goes on streaky and blotchy, and it just soaks into the blender. Today I have the old way of applying it with my fingers and the application was better! Unfortunately the product drys really fast so it’s a must not to apply all in one application, but splitting it. Doing one side at a time helps immensely! Also using a silicone based primer helps gives the foundation s more applicable effect! I also apply my primer on top and finish off with a finishing powder. 2 hours in and I’m still looking pretty good! So yeah it’s a decent product AFTER you find a way to apply that works in a way good for you! Still not worth $46 dollars, and definitely not as good as Lancôme or Estée!

Colorfx pp....N110
Estée DW....N7 or C7 depending on winter or summer skin change

on 6/24/2018 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Light coverage, really did not cover much at all, and became incredibly oily and shiny within a few hours on my skin. Great color range, but just did not work out for me.

on 6/18/2018 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

The color range is so great and I always have a bad time finding my shades in other foundations. I immediately found my shade in this. I wanted to love this and I’ve tried to apply it in so many ways but it always just ends up looking broken up. I have oily skin and It even makes me look like I have dry patches that don’t exist so I guess it sort of clumps. I can’t even blend it with a sponge without it breaking up everywhere so I have to use a brush (and immediately blend or it will dry and cake). It’s also not very high coverage which was what I believed it to be. I’ve had to layer this multiple times to be able to cover my rosacea and dark spots on my cheeks .. otherwise blend very very lightly. This is just a no go for me and it’s ridiculously priced for what it is. It’s just horrible. Plus the packaging is so annoying because sometimes I forget to turn it upside down and have to shake the bottle and squeeze super hard to get the product out. I’ll prob finish using the this foundation just because I’ve finally figured out a way to make it look okay...and it was pricey.. but will def not repurchase.

This is my HG foundation. I have fair skin with pink undertones and P10 is a perfect match for me. It's the perfect formula for me - it lasts well on my oily skin and feels weightless because a little bit goes a long way. Sure, a pump would be great but I really don't mind the packaging the way it is. I'm still on my first bottle but already purchased a second one during CoverFX's sale.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was really hoping to love this, but it was pretty awful on me. I have really oily skin with some enlarged pores. I had oil coming through within a couple of hours with this. It also highlighted every single pore on my face, and this worsened throughout the day. Not a good look at the end of a 10+ hour shift! I tried it with different primers and it was bad no matter what. It probably would be fine for someone less oily and without skin texture. The shade range is nice. Sadly I will be returning this.

on 5/7/2018 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is great! It has almost everything I personally want in a foundation. I have very oily skin and this is the only foundation I’ve ever used that I don’t need to retouch throughout the day. I’ve also never left a review for a makeup item before but I just had to for this one. If you have oily skin deff give this one a try!

Pros:
Light to medium coverage so it looks natural
Lightweight so you don’t feel it
Truly matte and oil controlling
Amazing shade range
Lasts all day and it doesn’t transfer or budge

Cons
The packaging isn’t great and it requires you to squeeze the bottle which makes me worry if it’ll be difficult to get product out when it starts to run low
If you have dry or combo skin this may not work for you
Texturizes skin - i think you really need a good blurring primer for this

I use this foundation with the Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder.

Edit: updating my review because I realize this foundation does have one big draw back. It really texturizes the skin, you will definitely need a blurring and pore filing primer because it doesn’t necessarily sink into them but highlights them. Other than that this foundation would be perfect.

This did not work out for me. Not for mature or drier skin. This foundation dries so fast, it's difficult to blend with a brush. Tried a beauty blender and it looked cakey from the get-go.

on 4/20/2018 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Beautiful foundation. I wear G60 and it matches my olive skin perfectly. This foundation is very natural looking and long wearing, but not drying. Cover Fx makes awesome foundations.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I realize that I only leave reviews on things that have absolutely been game changers for me and for those that didn’t work but was compelled to leave a fair warning. I have tried a significant amount of foundations, but what I have loved include:
Estée Lauder double wear (2W rattan)
Lancôme 24hr Teinte idole ultra foundation. (250)
Dior forever foundation (21 linen)
It cosmetics CC cream (light)
It cosmetics bye bye foundation (light, a little yellower)
Koh Gen doh aqua (213, best shade match in winter)
Armani luminous silk (6, best match if tan)
I match with concealers: tarte shape tape (light neutral), Nars soft matte (custard), Estée Lauder doublewear concealer (light medium).

It donned on me later that I am more of an olive skin-tone, (wish I figured that out 15 years ago!) which, as you can see, made me try quite a range— from full cover to sheer, skin like foundations. I want to say that Powerplay has a very CC like quality when you apply it on the skin, easily applied with a beauty blender or used with fingers ( I don’t use a brush). I also noticed that full cover foundations look mask-like and always appeared patchy when I get oily, despite using a good primer (hourglass or coola, but recently loving the new cover FX blurring primer!). I always get compliments if my foundation looks natural and skin-like, covering just enough. This is why I prefer Koh Gen doh and Armani, due to their skin like quality yet buildable coverage. The only thing is, they never last on me when my oily skin eats them up despite primer and setting powder. My skin can be dry-combination or combo-oily, seasonally dependent and it is never satisfied!

Enter Powerplay foundation, which took me by surprise! Not only is it sheer to buildable, very skin like and lightweight, but it really is budge-proof! The finish is just beautiful and describing it as “modern matte” is correct! It is dewy but not really, matte but not dry looking, just good looking skin! I have been testing it everyday and the longest day being outdoors, I had set it with Cover FX perfect setting powder and blurring primer— IT DID NOT MOVE! Where I did get oily, it did not break up nor crease, it just looked like dewy skin. On top of that, they have very inclusive colors which is a win win! My shade on this is G40+ which is an olive yellow/golden tone that is around NC 25, slightly darker than Koh Gen doh’s— it was spot on! I have never had such an accurate match! Nonetheless, I cannot say enough good things about it. It has ticked all the boxes on what I look for in a foundation and I highly recommend it!

on 4/14/2018 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

<3Love this foundation!!!!! Makes my skin dewy and flawless!!! Great coverage I’d say medium, it’s not heavy. I’m a N40 but I also purchased the N50 for summer. It’s absolutely amazing!! I went to Sephora to find a good foundation (I tried several, and couldn’t find the right match or feel for my skin (ex: Make-up Forever) and I was hearing a lot of amazing things about Cover FX power play so I asked the lovely girl at Sephora to match me and I was blown away immediately!! I also was blown away by their Rose Gold highlighter/Illuminator it’s friken gorgeous!!!

I will say though that if you have dry skin this foundation might not be a good match for you as it’s matte...however, just add a good serum to your face before applying and it may be a game changer :) I love my serums!!