Cover FX Power Play Liquid Foundation

Cover FX Power Play Liquid Foundation

3.5

AQUA (WATER) (EAU), DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PROPANEDIOL, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, LAURYL PEG-10 TRIS(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)SILYLETHYL DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) HULL POWDER, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, TRIOLEIN, AMMONIUM C6-16 PERFLUOROALKYLETHYL PHOSPHATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, HYDROXYACETOPHENONE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLYCERYL DIOLEATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, ALCOHOL, METHICONE, DIMETHICONOL, ALTEROMONAS FERMENT EXTRACT, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: IRON OXIDES (CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491), CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I’ll start off by saying there’s a lot I like about this but sadly those points don’t matter because I have normal skin and this is only for the super oily skin unless you want to look like the crypt keeper
This is super matte fulll coverage and very dry, it dries down matte..dry. You don’t need powder.
And on my normal skin it looks horribly dry and tight and bad.
I let my family try it too and they had the same experience except for the super oily ones and they loved it and thought it was Demi matte which is shocking to us normal skin because it was so so dry. Dry skin types should stay far away.
The good stuff- it really is long wearing. It’s not super thick and feels comfortable, good shade range, blends easily and doesn’t look heavy.

on 10/9/2018 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG foundation for oily-skinned gals who like a natural finish!! I can't describe how beautiful this foundation is, it really is a "demi-matte" finish and looks just like real skin. I did take off a star because I can't seem to build it up to "full coverage", it only looks like medium-coverage on me. I prefer to apply with a sponge, so I guess that's why I'm not seeing as much coverage as everyone else.

I accidentally tested the longevity of this foundation one day by running out the door WITHOUT powdering my face and without using a setting spray. It was hot and humid outside, but 9 hours later, I still looked fantastic! This foundation has some serious staying power.

Also, I do believe that it "flexes" with my face. I don't see any sort of strange creasing around my nose or my smile lines.

The shade range is also INCREDIBLE, I love that they've added an olive line to all of their foundations. I'm NC25 (very yellow, almost olive) and I match the shade G+ 40 perfectly.

on 8/27/2018 11:33:00 AM

I had such high hopes. I tried this in shade P30, which was a perfect match for me and I was hoping it would work out. I first received a sample of this in an online order and liked the finish but none of the shades matched me and I never wore it out. So I went and got properly color matched and got another sample.

This is from the Sephora website: Power Play Foundation is best for normal to oily skin types. It provides a transfer-proof, matte finish; all-day shine control; and pigments that will not oxidize. Cover FX is vegan, cruelty-free, clean beauty.

So I decided to jump right in and put it to the test on a day trip with my husband. It's late summer and it's very hot and humid here. I expected to do some sweating as we intended to do a lot of walking, but for most of the hot part of the day I was riding in an air conditioned car. I didn't think I'd have that many problems. The main issue with this foundation is that, at least on me, it never fully dries down. It feels tacky all day, even after using setting powder. I hated that from the beginning. Foundations that don't dry down and feel sticky tend to transfer.

By noon, approximately 3 hours after leaving my house, it was already starting to break apart and get patchy. I hadn't sweated at all yet or even been outside for any length of time, so I began to feel a bit frustrated knowing that it probably wasn't gonna stand up. I blended it back out the best I could. I always carry a damp BB in a ziplock bag when I know I'm going to be sweaty and it has never let me down. I also lightly powdered, which helped for a bit.

After walking around seeing the sights for about an hour my husband told me I had "a situation" on my face. He's always helpful like that when I try something new, thankfully, because I had forgotten about it. I popped into a restroom to check it out and was pretty horrified. I was a shiny separated mess. Even worse there was a big skin colored stain on my white t-shirt where I'd apparently touched my face to it. So much for it being transfer proof.

Overall, this was a total disaster. I could get a better foundation at the drugstore. Instead of trying again to save it I bought wipes and took it off, even my natural skin with all its imperfections is better than looking like that. I'll stick to my tarte, Dior and stila foundations.

on 8/24/2018 7:42:00 PM

I have had this foundation a while and was hesitant to write a review until I was able to compile all my thoughts. When I picked out this foundation, it was after testing sample after sample of other foundations. It wore wonderfully on my skin (or so I thought) and I bought a full bottle. So when it failed so hard for me, I wasn’t sure if it was the foundation or me!

When I first applied this, I was using it with a lot of other mattifying products. I live in Miami where summers are brutal and I piled on every mattifying item I owned. Unfortunately, I sabatoged myself and it made this foundation go on heavy and cakey. I convinced myself that even though it looked dry on my skin, this would mean it would wear awesomely during the day and control my oil. No, no, no.

Two or three hours into wearing it, my face oxidized and turned into an oil slick. I kept thinking it must be because of the heat and I kept with the foundation for weeks even though it was not flattering at all. I even went on a Sephora binge to find more mattifying things and nothing worked. So much oil with my texture and pores in full force! Just taping a pen against my forehead (while thinking, weird quirk haha) would wipe off this foundation like nothing. Eventually, I stopped using this foundation and switched back over to my Estée Lauder. No issues.

Since I had thrown out my box and receipt, I kept this in the cabinet and recently, I picked it back up. I hate the fact I spent so much on a foundation and that it was going to end up in the trash so I decided to start mixing it with one of my thinner drugstore foundations to use it up. This combo made the foundation look so much better especially when I put it on top of a more hydrating primer! Honestly, my skin looked really nice for at least 4-6 hours in an air conditioned office. It’s something I would feel okay wearing for a short, air conditioned event if necessary. That’s how I realized that my initial experience with it being heavy was my fault - too much mattifying!!! This is where it earned back one lippie.

The foundation still goes oily on me; however, since it looks much better with my skin upon initial application it doesn’t become as much of a hot mess (cake face mixed with grease) once the oils hit. It’s more of a gradual transition rather than a total 180. It still will wipe off with a finger and I will look shiny, but I can get away with it until at least the work day ends.

This might be a decent foundation to use in less humid months or dryer climates. I don’t know how this is geared toward oily girls with how badly my face looks after 6-8 hours. I plan on putting this in my rotation for cooler months to use it up (it looks nicer mixed with a wetter foundation, but it still doesn’t beat out some of my other foundations for hot summer days).

To any oily girls or guys out there, I would not repurchase or recommend to buy. There are better foundations out there for the money.

on 8/21/2018 10:28:00 AM

I am an oily skinned girl and wanted to try something new besides L'Oréal pro matte and ELDW. This has great shade selection however highlights every pore, scar and super oily by the end of the day.

on 8/11/2018 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If you have oily skin like I do, this stuff is amazing. It's a pretty matte finish and it stays matte for a long time. I only need to touch up with powder once (which is saying a lot considering I usually have to 2-3 times a day) or sometimes never if I haven't been running around a lot or it isn't super hot outside. Also, I have never found a foundation colour that matches me perfectly without having to mix until now! G40 is my exact shade!! My only complaint is the bottle, it's a little too stiff too squeeze product out sometimes.

on 8/9/2018 11:10:00 AM

I really liked how this made my skin look when I first applied it in the morning, but I feel like it had worn off by the time 4pm or so rolled around. My skin didn't look cakey, but evened out with a great not too dewy but not too matte finish. This is exactly what I want in a foundation, so I'm disappointed that I don't love this enough to rebuy it.

Also, one of the biggest complaints I have about this product is the packaging. I'm baffled by how anyone thought it was a good idea to package foundation this way. When you get to the bottom of the bottle, I see it being a huge problem getting all of the product out - so you'll either have to go through the hassle of cutting the bottle open or just wasting some product (which at this price, who'd want to do that?)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I’m unsure if I like this product or not! Applying is pretty difficult and I’ve tried numerous ways ie. brush, blender and fingers. Using the brush is by far the harderst! It goes on streaky and blotchy, and it just soaks into the blender. Today I have the old way of applying it with my fingers and the application was better! Unfortunately the product drys really fast so it’s a must not to apply all in one application, but splitting it. Doing one side at a time helps immensely! Also using a silicone based primer helps gives the foundation s more applicable effect! I also apply my primer on top and finish off with a finishing powder. 2 hours in and I’m still looking pretty good! So yeah it’s a decent product AFTER you find a way to apply that works in a way good for you! Still not worth $46 dollars, and definitely not as good as Lancôme or Estée!

Colorfx pp....N110
Estée DW....N7 or C7 depending on winter or summer skin change

on 6/24/2018 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Light coverage, really did not cover much at all, and became incredibly oily and shiny within a few hours on my skin. Great color range, but just did not work out for me.

on 6/18/2018 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

The color range is so great and I always have a bad time finding my shades in other foundations. I immediately found my shade in this. I wanted to love this and I’ve tried to apply it in so many ways but it always just ends up looking broken up. I have oily skin and It even makes me look like I have dry patches that don’t exist so I guess it sort of clumps. I can’t even blend it with a sponge without it breaking up everywhere so I have to use a brush (and immediately blend or it will dry and cake). It’s also not very high coverage which was what I believed it to be. I’ve had to layer this multiple times to be able to cover my rosacea and dark spots on my cheeks .. otherwise blend very very lightly. This is just a no go for me and it’s ridiculously priced for what it is. It’s just horrible. Plus the packaging is so annoying because sometimes I forget to turn it upside down and have to shake the bottle and squeeze super hard to get the product out. I’ll prob finish using the this foundation just because I’ve finally figured out a way to make it look okay...and it was pricey.. but will def not repurchase.