Suave Rose Oil Infusion

Suave Rose Oil Infusion

4.1

on 6/15/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smells great not overpowering like you would think rose scent will be. This is not a true dupe of the matrix version. I used Matrix Volume Rose and it is much more conditioning, and makes hair more silky and shiny than Suave. I recommend to get Matrix over this especially since BeautyBrands and Ulta have Liter sales. Where you can buy large sizes at reasonable prices for salon. Liter is usually $60 for both shampoo and conditioner but they sell it for $15ea usually on their sales. BUT for the price you pay for the suave you cant expect much and its really good considering what you pay for it. It just bothers me that such little rose extract is in this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is an old school volumizer, which means it's a product that removes all buildup from the hair, unlike the newer volumizers that add coats of protein or silicone to temporarily thicken the strands. So basically what it's doing is it is removing anything that could be weighing the hair down. It leaves the hair fluffy and it's fantastic for second day hair since the effect lasts a long time. It also smells fantastic. This is a very nice rose scent, not cheap smelling at all. I don't like using it together with the matching conditioner, although I do like the conditioner matched with another shampoo. Suave products tend to work better as mix and match than to use the entire line, at least for me, YMMV. The reason I'm docking a lippie is because I've noticed my hair color fading a little bit faster than usual. I'll definitely keep this shampoo in my lineup, but I don't want to use it daily.

on 4/19/2018 9:40:00 PM

I bought both this Shampoo & Conditioner for less than $6.00 total. I love the way it makes my fine, long, straight hair feel & smell!! The shampoo lathers really nicely & smells very rosy!The conditioner leaves my hair with a lovely “slip” feeling to it in the shower. After using this duo several times now, the only drawback for me (once my hair has dried) seems to be some flyaways. It makes my hair feel SO soft & silky though! Definitely worth every penny & then some!

on 4/16/2018 11:15:00 AM

Aside from the beautiful scent, this formulation is great for my fine hair. I’m on the bus and I keep touching and sniffing my hair like a weirdo.

#YES to rebuy! I had to send my dad to a few different stores in order to track it down, Sand time he was looking for dove micellar bar soap/bodywash lol he got me all of them =] I got both the shampoo & conditioner; & I love them for gentle clarifying which I need bcoz I use dreamcoat & this can Style your hair curly or flat ironed. It smells soooo good. It doesn’t smell cheap & the scent will linger. My hair is thin & greasy but this gave it volume & gently cleansed it. This could be used daily imo I alternative this w Suave naturals. (Aloe waterlily & coconut). Another DS gem!! Gently cleanses & clarifies #winning #definiterebuy !!

on 4/1/2018 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love, love, love the smell of this shampoo. True rose decent that is not overpowering or smell cheap. My hair doesn't lack volume as such and so I bought it more for the scent. The scent easily lasts 2 days if not longer. Even after it starts to fade, hair still smells pleasant. The shampoo lathers well. Overall, my hair was left soft and frizz free. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

If you are not a fan of rose scented products you will not like this.
It is a true rose scent that does not smell cheap or generic but it is strong. I typically dislike florals but rose is one I like on occasion and this was one I can deal with.
The Rose Oil Infusion shampoo and conditioner are meant to be volumizing and clarifying to gently remove buildup on the hair and scalp to help add natural volume to the hair. I found that it helped more with my frizz than with volume. To be fair my hair was not left flat either but natural volume does sound about right. If you do not need or like clarifying shampoos than again this may not be for you.
I have an oily scalp with heat damaged ends and this works really well for my hair type without drying or stripping my hair. It also did not irritate my scalp at all.
Along with the matching conditioner, my hair was left pretty balanced.
The shampoo cleanses my hair without stripping it and drying it out and the conditioner adds back a lightweight moisture that does not weigh it down.
My hair is left clean, shiny, less frizzy, fresh and lightly scented. Once dry it just smells clean and fresh not overwhelmingly floral.
I will probably keep it and compare this to their original clarifying shampoo to see if that one also can help tame my frizziness a bit if not then I will more than likely keep this in my routine and alternate with a more repairing or protecting shampoo and conditioner because I do like it and it does help with my greasy hair.