Redken All Soft Mega Mask

1.5

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth-6, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Cetrimonium Chloride, Potassium Dimethicone Peg-7 Panthenyl Phosphate, Caramel, Sodium Sarcosinate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Pg-Propyl Silanetriol, Cereus Grandiflorus Flower Extract/Cactus Flower Extract, Glucose, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Tetrasodium Edta.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This leaves my fine, colour treated hair in mats and I have to spend a lot of time detangling afterward. I am not sure it moisturizes at all! The tube is a dual chamber gizmo that you have to push in a certain spot to get a mixture of the two creams inside the tube: this is most certainly a gimmick and makes using it awkward. I have left in in for 5, 10 and 30 minutes with the same effect: yucky hair.

Not good. Leaves my hair feeling coated, greasy, and weighed-down. The store was sold out of the Extreme Mega Mask so I thought I'd try the All Soft Mega Mask instead. It's not the worst conditioning mask I've ever tried but it's definitely not something I'd buy again.

The packaging for all of the Mega Masks (I believe there are 3 different kinds) is annoying and difficult to use. They're in a dual-chambered tube with one product in the inner container and another product in the outer container. There's the creamy mask part that treats the hair and the clear glossy part that's supposed to seal in the treatment. You squeeze the tube, and both products are supposed to dispense at the same time (in the correct proportion to each other) and work their magic on your hair. Except you pretty much always end up with too much of one or the other. It's gimmicky and it makes using the mask harder than it needs to be.

At any rate, the Extreme Mega Mask is better. I'm not surprised it was sold out but there were still plenty of these on the shelf!