Garnier Soothing 3 in 1 Face Moisturize with Rose Water

No Image

1 review

on 2/24/2018 2:34:00 PM

This was a good surprise. I have tried Garnier products in the past and I have not cared for them. I have also been under the impression for years that shea butter breaks me out. So I didn't not have much hope for this product but it was $12.99 at walgreens and I haven't been able to afford my HG belief true moisturizing cream in quite a while. I was desperate and looking for something more natural.

This claims to be 96% natural and the ingredients do read that way but we all know that companies can slap whatever label on a product so I don't entirely believe their claims on this. Garnier didn't start out as an organic skincare company so I take it with a grain of salt.

So this is intended to be a mask, day and night moisturizer. I would never use this as a mask because it doesn't seem to be mask-like to me. If that makes any sense. It is a quite thick cream but I feel it would turn entirely goopy on your face and I don't even want to imagine what it would like washing it off.

Here is what won me over on this product and surprised me. I have 3 things I look for in a moisturizer - does it truly moisturize or just cover dryness, does it wear well under makeup and other skincare products, and does it make me feel gross. Making me feel gross and just covering dryness go hand in hand. I have found that some moisturizers just sit on top of your skin giving the appearance of moisture but because they don't fully sink in, they can make my skin feel oily or gross as the day goes on. This actually moisturizes my skin and sinks in. My friends have noticed a difference in my skin. I have also found this to wear well over other products and under makeup. It has not caused any pilling or other weirdness that i can sometimes happen. I am also able to mix it with a sunscreen and apply it around my eyes without stinging. I have not noticed it reacting to any other products I use including acids. I do not believe this has broken me out. In fact, this combined with switching from bare escentuals pro foundation to the fenty foundation may have cause my break outs to clear up. Time will tell though.

The one issue I can see people having with it and not liking it is if they apply too much. I apply slightly more than a pea-size glob to my face. Because it's thick, it will feel like it isn't spreading but if you warm it up in your hands first, it will apply more smoothly. If you apply too much, it will sit on top of your skin and not fully sink in which can cause problems with pilling, etc. You get a large tub for the price probably because they intend you to use this as a mask too. Since I don't, one tub will last me at the very least 6 months if not longer. This, combined with rosehip and marula oil, has been a god send for my dry skin this winter. I do think I may need to switch when it gets warmer out. At this time, I am very pleased with this and will continue to purchase. (Fingers crossed they don't discontinue it. ha!)