essence Fresh and Fit Awake Make up

essence Fresh and Fit Awake Make up

4.2

Details Ingredients-Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Alcohol Denat., Talc, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Tapioca Starch, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Water, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Disodium Edta, Xanthan Gum, Mica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 10/15/2018 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Let's get the cons out of the way: I have 2 of the 4 shades (the lightest and darkest). 4 SHADES. It's not even worth complaining about a lack of colour diversity in this range because the range is just so small that no one is really being accommodated unless they happen to have the shades and undertones of the whopping 4 offerings. And of the 2 bottles I have, the pump stopped working immediately on both of them. And this foundation needs a pump due to its consistency. So I have to unscrew the top and apply the product to the back of my hand with the stick inside, and once they get emptier, there's going to be a lot of product I won't be able to access. Luckily it's only $8 CAD (pricey for an Essence product!)

But the darkest shade matched my summer skin perfectly and the finish is SO BEAUTIFUL. This is a healthy, light-reflecting glow without shimmer. It's my skin, airbrushed. I feel like I'm wearing a very high end foundation. It's not drying and it's not oily. My skin gets dry in the winter and I only started using this late last winter so I'll have to see how my skin does with it now that it's getting cold again. I'm going to get one of the middle shades to transition me back to my pale winter self and hopefully some mixing will give me a match, as the lightest shade is a tad too light.

At this price, it's worth trying if you can get a shade to match. The scent is nice and it feels great. Lasts nicely all day long, too. Essence - please increase your shade range and improve the pump. Otherwise, great work.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price this foundation is amazing, i have pretty normal skin accept my t-zone. my t-zone is pretty dry also textured. so this foundation is not glowy but with primer, this foundation is perfect for every day. i love high end- mid end foundations. for example, i love mac face and body which is my all time fav foundation, i love giorgio armani crema nuda also i loved the old formula of guerlain lingerie de peau. also i love my missha real complete bb cream.
I tried this foundation because of my sister-in-law recommended it to me. this is satin finish in my opinion, i use hydrating primer underneath to combat with my dryness. i use embryolisse lait-creme concentre or marc jacobs under cover primer or becca backlight priming filter. this foundation work with all of them.
Without primer for dry skin this can be look little dry but with primer amazing. i am using the shade 10, fresh ivory and it's an okay shade match little bit dark, not perfect but i can blend it down to my neck and it looks fine.
This foundation didn't break out my skin or clog my pores. Also i like the staying power of this foundation. It has perfume so beware. Packaging is also great, controllable pump is very sturdy.
Shade range is awful, that's why i give 4 star. Overall good product.

Ok, so here's the thing. This foundation is pretty average in my opinion. The finish is mediocre, nothing amazing. But this is the thing with Essence...it's so affordable, and their packaging is usually great, so it's hard to rate anything badly. So, that being said, I would not repurchase, but I'll probably end up finishing this bottle. I like the smell of it, but it's not long lasting at all, and like I mentioned, it makes my skin look fine, but not great. And don't get me started on the shade range. Maybe better suited for younger girls I think.

on 5/4/2018 6:13:00 AM

My favourite foundation!! I use shade 4 which is the darkest shade, and I always mix one pump of this foundation with the Kiko second skin foundation in 110 WB in order to make it more towards yellow since the essence is a little bit on the pink side but it still works great when I combine those together. I wish that they make more shades that have a yellow undertone.. packaging is great in a glass bottle. I always use this with the essence fresh and fit primer which adds more glow to the skin.

on 5/2/2018 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this foundation for around $7 at Ulta. It's medium coverage & build-able. The "healthy glow" is a quite skin-like finish... it's natural looking on the face. This product has "light-reflecting pigments" but not glitter (unlike a Flower Beauty foundation I bought recently. When I got home & swatched it on my hand, it looked like I'd swatched a shimmery eyeshadow.) I like the packaging of this foundation a lot. For less than $10 it comes in nice glass packaging with a pump that works well. Also, product doesn't stick to the side of the bottle.

The shade selection is AWFUL. There are only 4 shades ranging from "Light Ivory" to "Fresh Sun Beige", but Light Ivory matches me perfectly (I have neutral undertones). Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the presence of denatured alcohol as the 4th ingredient on the ingredients list. My skin hasn't responded to it negatively so far, but I get contradictory information on whether or not it's bad for the skin, even from scholarly publications. So I'll finish up this bottle but probably won't repurchase, as much as I love how this foundation works for me.

I was a little bit nervous to buy this foundation because it says that it will give you a glowy look. I have oily skin so I think my concern was understandable. I ended up buying the foundation anyway because the price was nice and the packaging absolutely amazing. I must say that the it's not as luminous as I expected it to be which is not bad at all. It stayed on my skin the whole day. I was looking quite oily at the end of the day but that's usual for me. All in all, I really enjoy using the foundation and I think that most skin types won't have a problem with it. BUT there's one HUGE problem.....THERE ARE ONLY 4 SHADES! come on Essence that's kinda shitty tbh. The undertones are all the same so it can be really hard to find your perfect shade.....