Sage Machado Diamond

1 review

on 2/23/2018 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This BLOOMS over time and with body heat! It is so, so beautiful. I want to gulp this scent like fresh Spring water. I consider Diamond to be one of Sage's "brighter" fragrances (i.e. Citrine, Amethyst, Jade, Sage), and they happen to be the Sage fragrances I don't enjoy wearing. However, that's not the case with this crystalline fragrance. Diamond is not at all what I expected from a scent named for the iconic gemstone of legendary hardness. Sage Diamond is so very soft. It connotes bubbles, rather than carbonate rocks. Diamond smells surprisingly floral at first...I did not expect flowers, particularly such "flowery" flowers. I can't narrow down what flowers I'm smelling but my mind creates images of Viburnum, ...maybe Honeysuckle?, Polyanthus Jasmine, ...Loquat?, Pink Dianthus... Very much the color "pink", in a pastel, sweet, young-girly shade. Directly underneath the floral is a slightly ozonic saltiness that melds into very lightweight versions of sandalwood and powdery amber. The final stage, which lasts and lasts, is a powdery floral. Diamond is lovely, and even though it's kind of aquatic (my least favorite fragrance category), I enjoy wearing it often. Diamond is incredibly "sparkling", so, with that adjective in mind, the name Diamond is suitable. To me, Sage Diamond smells like Pink Chalcedony gemstone. Maybe it's just me, but something about Diamonds reminds me of Chanel Gardenia and Penhaligon's Ellenisia mixed with Antonia's Flowers Sogni Del Mare. Also, at times, Clinique Aromatics in White. Fascinating.

Popular Fragrances