Ardell Magnetic Lash Accent #001

1 review

on 8/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Uuugggg. I thought this would be perfect for me since I hate gluing lashes, lash loss, lashes popping up in the inner corner, etc and I end up hardly wearing them even though I have a lot of them. So I got these along with the full whispies and what frustration!!! I couldn't get those to go on right and I returned them.

These I kept hoping I would use them on the go and *sometimes* I do, but rarely. I like how they look in terms of the accent look being flattering, but that's about it. One of them doesn't go on with a curve, no matter how I change and arrange the "top" and "bottom", so one side is never as hugged on to the lash as the other. It looks more straight and it's noticeable. When I attempt to put it on closer it just pinches my skin. Maybe I got a bunk one but that REALLY sucks because it would look a lot better if it did line up better. That's the first problem.

Second is it still pulls out lashes, I would say more than glue does. That's exactly what I wanted to avoid. (Fake lashes aren't worth ruining my real ones over, not by a long shot). I use mascara first so they stay on better, but attempting to slide them apart even gently still results in more loss than I think I would have on a regular mascara alone day and that just keeps me from using these more often. I should chop my regular glue lashes into accents, because I'm feeling like that might be the best solution for me.

Oh and lastly it takes more time to get right, even bunk straight lash aside, than glue does. So that's not really helpful at all.

UPPPDAAATTTEE: So after I wrote this review I got annoyed that I never wear them and went and ripped the magnets off. I sorta ruined two in the process but it doesn't matter much since I only need one 'set'. I glued them on and they're pretty and comfortable. So that's that. Not exactly cost effective, since the magnet ones cost so much more, but at least I'll get some use out of them and in the future I'll stick to accents or cut whispies in half.