Ardell Magnetic Lash Accent #001

3.3

on 8/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Uuugggg. I thought this would be perfect for me since I hate gluing lashes, lash loss, lashes popping up in the inner corner, etc and I end up hardly wearing them even though I have a lot of them. So I got these along with the full whispies and what frustration!!! I couldn't get those to go on right and I returned them.

These I kept hoping I would use them on the go and *sometimes* I do, but rarely. I like how they look in terms of the accent look being flattering, but that's about it. One of them doesn't go on with a curve, no matter how I change and arrange the "top" and "bottom", so one side is never as hugged on to the lash as the other. It looks more straight and it's noticeable. When I attempt to put it on closer it just pinches my skin. Maybe I got a bunk one but that REALLY sucks because it would look a lot better if it did line up better. That's the first problem.

Second is it still pulls out lashes, I would say more than glue does. That's exactly what I wanted to avoid. (Fake lashes aren't worth ruining my real ones over, not by a long shot). I use mascara first so they stay on better, but attempting to slide them apart even gently still results in more loss than I think I would have on a regular mascara alone day and that just keeps me from using these more often. I should chop my regular glue lashes into accents, because I'm feeling like that might be the best solution for me.

Oh and lastly it takes more time to get right, even bunk straight lash aside, than glue does. So that's not really helpful at all.

UPPPDAAATTTEE: So after I wrote this review I got annoyed that I never wear them and went and ripped the magnets off. I sorta ruined two in the process but it doesn't matter much since I only need one 'set'. I glued them on and they're pretty and comfortable. So that's that. Not exactly cost effective, since the magnet ones cost so much more, but at least I'll get some use out of them and in the future I'll stick to accents or cut whispies in half.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I tried the magnetic double demi wispies, not for me. I thought maybe these would be better. Nope. They look hideous. They need one extra section so that you don’t look like you have practically no lashes for the first quarter of your eye and then BAM full on lashes! I love the idea of these and they are truly comfortable, honestly, you don’t feel weighed down from the magnets at all. It’s literally the shape that is the problem. What they need to do is come out with a very natural, wispy style that is full band width but not overly heavy because wearing a top and bottom lash on the upper lash line can look drag queen fake (unless you are into that kind of thing, then by all means go for it!). For now, I will stick with my own lashes and hope they continue to release more styles so that I can land on one that works for me.

on 2/22/2018 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These are a godsend for people that have sensitive eyes and can not use eyelash adhesives. There is a HUGE learning curve using this type of lash. I found if I cut the "lower" lash into 3 separate pieces, so much easier to get perfect application. Check Youtube out for videos. Tip make sure there is a tiny magnet for each section. Also make sure your tweezers or applicator isn't at the base of the lashes or the magnetic will stick to your tweezer. I love the accent style with my cat eye liner. Very dramatic. I can wear these all day, but I don't wear them daily (date night, special occasion, etc). Package says not to curl your own lashes first, but I find for best application curl your own lashes and coat with mascara. This will make your lashes a sturdier foundation so you can "sandwich" your own lashes in between these falsies. They initially feel a little odd due to magnets, but that passes quickly. Magnets are not visible against your lashline. Quality identical to other Ardell's lashes. Removal is a breeze, just pinch your fingers over the lash and slide. This will separate your magnets and not pull off any of your own lashes. As for storage, since I cut my lower lashes, I actually apply them back against the upper lash as not to mix up the right/left and inner/middle/outer pieces and just apply to the sticky dots on the packaging to keep them in proper shape.