First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30

on 3/21/2018 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got one of these in mini size, so I didn't buy the full sized product. I'm glad I didn't.

First of all, the shade range on this product is pathetic. I understand that it's a tinted moisturizer but it has a decent amount of pigment in it, so the shade range needs to be better. I'm not super pale, I'm usually light medium beige in my foundation, with pinkish neutral undertones. The medium shade would be a good match if it wasn't so yellow toned.

It's so bad that when I wear this I look like I've used too much cheap self tanner on my face. It's seriously orange. This might work well for some people, but not for me.

Also it smells very strong like sunscreen. You know the smell I'm talking about. It's really more like a tinted sunscreen product first and a moisturizer second, to be honest. My skin is not dry at all so the amount of moisturization was perfect for me. If you have very dry skin you might want a serum or light moisturizer underneath this product.

If they extend the shade range so I can get a better match I MIGHT buy this because it feels silky smooth on the skin. It would really come in handy on hot summer days when I want sun protection and a little touch up but not full coverage foundation. I have pretty oily skin but it doesn't make it worse at all, definite plus.

I wouldn't say don't buy this, because the shade range might be perfect for you and this does feel like a quality product.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Was hoping to love this product however, the light shade is too light and the medium is way too orange plus goes on splotchy, not smooth and blending.

on 3/4/2018 8:54:00 AM

*sigh* Sadly, I break out from this. I will never know what makes me break out, but it happens to me quite often with creams and suncscreen especially. This is a lovely product if you do not have allergies like me. Creamy and glowing and has a nice finish, so I still give it a 3 since I think my skin is more sensitive than most people's due to rosacea.

on 2/22/2018 11:07:00 AM

I was very excited to try the new First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30. I found this moisturizer to be tinted enough to cover superficial blemishes and slight redness. I would say this provides light coverage. This isn't super hydrating and is better for those with dry skin who need just a little hydration. I do love that this contains a higher amount of SPF. I am not a big fan of the citrus oil and fragrance ingredient that they included, although I cannot smell it much, I do have sensitive skin that will get very dry and irritated by these ingredients, but thankfully have not noticed any issues yet. My more detailed review and swatches can be seen here:

Video Reviews & Tutorials