Maybelline Facestudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter - Molten Rose Gold

Maybelline Facestudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter - Molten Rose Gold

on 3/9/2018 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Oh, my. This is beautiful. Looks like I'm glowing on my medium toned face. I don't look oily. It is not blinding, considering that it is marked metallic but it is not. I use a fan brush to apply lightly over my cheap bb cream ( a can't get anymore NYC bb cream) and use my finger to highlight under my brows. I am loving this and have been ignoring all my other highlighters I have bought looking for the one highlighter that's me. Just the right pinky goldish shade that does not turn orange. And it is reasonably priced!

on 3/2/2018 1:50:00 PM

As a pale woman, this is VERY flattering on my skin tone. And it is so readily available and cheap! I am inclined to try more from this range.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I bought this because one of my favorite YouTube gurus, Tati, is over the moon about this highlighter. So I figured for $9.99, WTH, lets see what all the fuss is about. Well, Maybelline hit this one out of the park. It is an amazingly beautiful highlighter.

You get a nice big pan of product and need very little for a nice glow on the skin. This is not glittery or metallic, just very pretty, but you definitely know it's there. Some highlighters can look very aging (hey I'm 54, don't need to look any older than I am), but this one just leaves with a lovely glow on the skin. I am fair skinned (Light in It Cosmetics CC cream), and this doesn't look dirty on the skin or too dark.

Very comparable to some higher end highlighters and probably better than a lot of them. Highly recommended!!

on 2/19/2018 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Full disclosure: I'm a rose gold junkie; if it's rose gold, I at least consider buying it. Now, as a fair person, neutral leaning cool, I look better in the lighter, rosier end of the spectrum; once it veers into copper territory, I'm out.

I also have a lot of highlighters; I jumped on that bandwagon with a vengeance a couple years ago; for example, I have several Wet n Wild limited edition highlighters, Becca SSPs, ABH Moonchild and Aurora (also a fool for iridescence), a couple of Sleek palettes, several random brands. Oh, and the original Carli Bybel and Golden Sugar Makeup Revolution, both of which are basically rose gold. But, the rose golds in these aren't really highlighter shades on me, too dark/orange and/or glittery.

So when I saw this at the drugstore, I thought, "Oh man, I don't need another highlighter, " (or any more makeup), but kept thinking about it. The only review here was for the Molten Gold. So when a local store had a 30% off coupon, I went for it.

The texture is lovely; soft yet dense and buttery, glowy without being glittery, and melds into the skin without disappearing. In short, pretty much exactly what I wanted! I have very sensitive skin and it has been just fine. The color is rosy-goldy perfection, neither pink nor gold, yet somehow both. I've used it with both very cool blush (Tarte Blushing Bride), and warmer (Stila CC Peach Blossom), and it looked great with both. (I was concerned it might not go well with cooler blush.)

TL;DR: Lovely glowy rose-gold highlighter suitable for light skin tones, neutral (neither cool nor warm).