MILANI Amore Shine Liquid Lip Color

MILANI Amore Shine Liquid Lip Color

4.8

Not tested on animals

on 6/13/2018 9:10:00 AM

I really did love the formula and the application was pretty good too, but I got the shade ENCHANTING thinking it was the lightest colour and it didn't turn out to be flattering on my skin tone. It's almost a cooler toned pink/rose and darker than I thought, which could be because I have dark pigmented lips. I would try other colours because the formula.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had a terrible experience with Milani's Amore Matte lipsticks a few years ago, so I was hesitant to try this formula, but the colors really drew me in. I love matte lips, but some days I do want something with a little more shine. While the color range isn't super varied, they do offer my kind of colors--pinky nudes, mauves, etc. These are good daytime glossy lip colors since they don't need to be reapplied super often. They don't smell like much of anything to me, but there is a slight minty tingle when they're first applied. I don't mind that, even though the first time I was a little surprised. The packaging is very luxe looking, and the doe foot on the wand is absolutely perfect for the consistency of the product. If Milani released more shades I'd probably check some of those out too. All in all, these are a big-time bargain winner from the drugstore.

on 4/23/2018 2:03:00 PM

I love this product. It stays on and is very moisturizing. I have #03 crush. Its a mauve brown color.

on 4/21/2018 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’d like to try more colors, but so far I’ve got Charming and Addiction. Charming looks like a very pretty pearlescent pinky nude but is a bit too frosty on the lips without lip balm underneath to smooth it out a little, but it’s a very lovely color and the formula moisturizing. I rather like a liquid lipstick like this because it’s easy to apply and looks very smooth. Addiction is brown mauve, very much a 90s look but not dated exactly. I feel it’s flattering on my fair skin. Overall, I enjoy the formula because it’s shiny and moisturizing, and the applicator is easy to use.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing, high end quality product. I've finally given up on unflattering matte products, but am struggling with the lasting power of liquid lipsticks. I thought I would give this a try, since their eyelid primer is better than any luxury one I tried at a fraction of the price. This is no different!

I bought Addiction, which is a revelation. It's a gorgeous, brownish pinkish shade that is ultra-flattering with my dark hair and pale yellow-toned skin. It can be applied in a thin layer for a subtle shade or easily deepened with extra.

Pros
-Very moisturizing. Even more so than most of my balms
-Layer easily for lighter or deeper shade
-Long-lasting
-Flattering satin finish
-Fades to a slight stain
-Makes lips look fuller and less lined
-Excellent neutral shades

Cons
-Not really shiny as advertised

Give these a try! It's a $40, high-performing product you can buy at the drugstore for under $20.