2.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 days ago

The worst natural deodorant I have used thus far. I have this in the rose vanilla scent which is a light rosewater fragrance. The formula is grainy and simply does not work. I prefer Tom's of Maine or Lavilin to this product.

About reviewer (3093 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesOther

4 months ago

My husband and I both tried this product, within a week we both developed multiple cysts in our armpits. Incredibly painful beyond belief!!! I ended up with 6 all at once, had 15 total during the duration. And even after two weeks of not using this product, the cysts have slowly been going down but very much so present. Do not use this product! Neither my husband nor I have sensitive skin, never experienced this before until this product. Be aware. Try at your own risk.

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

6 months ago

I've been trying different natural deodorants after swearing off antiperspirants due to their health hazards. I'm an active person and wanted something that would control b.o. I bought Schmidt's Bergamot & Lime Deodorant and really enjoyed the scent and it actually worked to keep me smelling fresh for most of the day, even during hot days. However, after a week of use, I noticed my underarm skin turning dark brown and it had a bumpy texture. This was concerning and I stopped using it. After a few days and some exfoliation, my underarm skin became smooth again and the discolouration faded away. I decided to give this product another try a couple of weeks later and the same problem happened again! Into the garbage it went.

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

7 months ago

My favorite natural deodorant is Kopari Coconut which feels very smooth, almost gel-like in application. In comparison, Schmidt’s is quite dry, almost antiperspirant in it’s feel and the packaging says to not over-apply. I thought I’d give this a try as I was running low on my Kopari and spotted this one at Winners for half the regular price. I purchased the Coconut Pineapple Sensitive Skin version; it does not contain baking soda which is very important to me as it tends to irritate my underarms, plus I really liked the summery scent. I wore it on the hottest days of the summer (so far), with the humidex it was 47C, and it performed just fine, no wetness or odor coming from me so now I have a back up option, yay! Update 8/28/19 - I wouldn’t call this the most long lasting deodorant because for the first time since switching to natural deodorant a year ago I detected an unpleasant odor while wearing this. I’ve done some research and it has been suggested that the arrowroot is what smells. Well, whatever it is, no thanks. I guess if you need a deodorant for only a portion of the day this is fine but I prefer Kopari. I put that on in the AM and I swear it lasts forever because the next day I am still odor-free.

About reviewer (950 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 months ago

I have been looking into a more natural lifestyle lately and wanted to try out a natural deodorant. I went to Walmart and found this product and got the lime scented one. I love the way it smelled. As soon as I got home I tried it and it seemed great and I could smell it on myself which I loved. However the next morning when I went to put it on my underarms instantly started burning. I looked over the ingredients and noticed that there is baking soda in this product. I had an incident in the past with a face wash that had baking soda in it and had the same reactions. So I'm guessing I am allergic to baking soda. Overall I really wish I could've been able to use this product cause it seems like it would've worked well, minus the fact that I had a reaction to it. It smelled amazing and I loved that all the ingredients were explained on the back. Definitely good for people who want a natural lifestyle

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I got the rose and vanilla scented stick at target on a whim because the scent was so lovely and I had heard good things about the brand so I wanted to like it so bad!! But unfortunately, it became yet another fail On my “find my HG natural deodarant journey” =/ I liked the consistency and creamy application. Granted i did try it during the spring time while it was warmer so it wasn’t hard to apply or as gritty as some of the people claim it was for them. All it took was holding it next to my armpit for a few seconds to warm it up and it glided on smoothly. It did keep the funk at bay and smelled lovely for a while. I loved it for about 3 days and then came the unsightly all too familiar painful red burning rash that came with the previous natural deodarants that I tried (Nooooooooo :’< ) the rash then turned into a super dark spot once the swelling went down a bit but It took me a week to heal the rash and lighten up my pits. Coconut oil and shea butter to the rescue yet again, but yeah... never again... I’ve been down this road before with other natural deodarants and was hoping i wouldn’t have to go through it again but unfortunately I did. Needless to say It was a no go for me and if you have sensitive skin don't even think about Trying it out... however, they do have a sensitive version which i have heard isn’t as harsh so I might be trying it out and will do a future update on that one if I do!

About reviewer (205 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I’ve been using Schmidt’s natural deodorant now for over a year. I first purchased their regular formula in Vanilla Rose. Within 24 hours I started to develop a rash. Then I tried their hybrid formula, Charcoal Magnesium, because the scent was incredible. It has only half the baking soda as the original and has added magnesium as an alternative as the other half. That lasted about 3 days before I got a rash. So, next I tried their sensitive formula and success! I use the scents Geranium Flower and Waves which is a summer seasonal scent only available online on Schmidt’s website. The sensitive formula is much smoother than the original formula which I found gritty and hard to apply. I only use a couple swipes under each arm and, although I still sweat, the odor is kept at bay for about 10-12 hours, but keep in mind I live in Central Florida. No problems with staining of shirts, but my daughter has. I believe the company recommends thin layers to prevent that. These natural deodorant sticks are heavily laden with various oils and Shea butter etc. HOWEVER, I found a wonderful natural stick deodorant I like so much better on Etsy by a seller who’s store is called NaturisticBath. I bought the Roses and Vanilla and am in love! This one keeps me drier and odor free longer than Schmidt’s. It’s also easier to apply. Costs a couple bucks more, but that’s ok because it works!!! Got the matching body powder and roll on perfume as well as I like layering my scents after showering. But, I’ll keep using my Schmidt’s sensitive for variety as the scents I have are lovely and all in all it’s a great product! ????

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I purchased this in Rose + Vanilla. I absolutely love the smell and it did keep my armpits dry. I used it for a few days before I started reacting to it. I noticed my armpits were starting to itch and I thought maybe it was because I may have irritated them while shaving, no. My armpits NEVER itch so I was already alarmed. The itching progressively got worse and I mean the itching was getting to the point where all I wanted to do was scratch and wash them. I had developed horrible rashes. My skin was bright red and it almost looked like my armpits had burn marks on them. I have never had a reaction this bad to any product. It took days, maybe even a whole week for everything to go back to normal. Once I stopped using it, the rash went away and the itching stopped completely. I wanted to like this so badly..but no.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Medium Brown

HairBrown

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I picked up the 3 pack of these in the rose vanilla scent on a whim at Costco for $12. I have tried a few other natural deodorants and they have not worked for me. I sweat a lot and workout regularly so I need one that keeps me dry and doesn't stink. This one is great for that and I find I don't need a lot to keep me dry and smelling fresh. I have not experienced any irritation or under arm darkening as others mentioned. This does have a very strong fake rose scent upon initial application but it does fade to a faint slightly sweet rose smelling scent which I don't mind. My usual old spice in the wolf thorn scent hasn't been working well on me lately and I think I have found my replacement with this one. Well priced for natural deodorant too but I'm not sure if other stores sell it and for what price.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I've tried most of the scents and formulas, and I like all of them - they keep me smelling fine and without irritation. I prefer the sensitive formula though, as I find it easier to apply and also can be used straight after shaving (the bicarbonate of soda can be a little harsh on freshly shaved skin). I've been using Schmidt's deodorants for a few years now (I alternate sometimes with Pacifica's wipes or my own concoctions) and am very happy with them.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral