L'Oreal Paris Voluminous X Fiber Waterproof Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous X Fiber Waterproof Mascara

4.3

on 4/14/2018 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Girl this mascara really does add hella length & volume. Not sure if the primer really does anything but man, when I applied it on I saw the T R A N S F O R M A T I O N! Curled my lashes then watched it go from mid-length Asian lashes to eye-popping long! Gave it a 4 though cus I haven't found the HG mascara that won't smudge (this was very slight) underneath my eyes throughout the day.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara is on the drier side, which makes it hard to build and layer. I had high hopes for this mascara. I have had it on for about 4 1/2 hours and looked at myself in the mirror. I had a piece of mascara under my left eye and another one under my right eye. I rubbed the one under my right eye and it smeared. I will keep using, but this really isn't an amazing mascara. I can handle the dryness, but don't like the fallout.

This stuff is amazing, especially the primer end...and you get SO MUCH mascara for your money. Most drugstore brands put a minuscule amount of product in their tubes so it runs out in a matter of weeks. This has lasted me almost 2 months!! I put a drop of saline in each end so that i could get all the good out of it. I use the non-waterproof kind but it is still very water resistant, i sweat a lot especially on my face and i find that my sweat doesn't effect the mascara at all. I've tried probably close to 100 mascaras both high end and drugstore but this one beats the pants off all of them. One coat from each end and that's all you need, NO MORE LAYERING SEVERAL LAYERS OF MASCARA JUST TO ACHIEVE LENGTH AND VOLUME!

OMG - I am so very deeply in love with this - it is the only mascara I will buy from now until the end of time. I am finally over the heartbreak of no longer being able to afford Diorshow - this is WAY better (and obviously much less expensive).

My eyelashes are short and straight, they do not hold a curl for more than five minutes, don't have much volume...they just pretty much do whatever they want, regardless of how many coats I use, whether or not I use lash primer...up until now Diorshow (waterproof) was the only one that gave me the dramatic look that I covet.

I have been searching for YEARS....seriously years....the hunt began in eighth grade and I just turned 32. The search is over - this is beyond amazing. The primer is great - I love that it's black instead of white - better coverage and it's great on it's own if you don't feel like going all out. The actual mascara though - so awesome. I put it on right after the primer and did 2 coats, I'm still in shock. It holds the curl, adds so much volume, and the length is crazy (lashes almost touching my brows). I use the waterproof version because my eyes are very sensitive and always watery for one reason or another. It's fantastic- no flaking, no clumping, easy to remove....no complaints to be had.

If you're going for intense lashes definitely try this. I don't spend a lot of time writing reviews and I am extremely sleep deprived right now - but I felt compelled to post one for this because (as lame as this sounds) it absolutely brought serious joy into my life lol, and put an end to my 19 year quest.

on 2/19/2018 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This review is for the non-waterproof version of this mascara, not yet a product that can be reviewed separately.

I would also like to update my review to say that the mascara size of this product has grown on me. I wear it instead of stacking multiple mascaras for a similar effect. I do seal everything with L'Oreal's tubing mascara which I love. Although not quite a HG it is great for a quick mascara look that does add a lot to the eyes. I still hope L'Oreal makes the primer separately I will continue to buy this product, sometimes using the mascara side as well just not a much as the primer.

I ADORE the black primer. It is a new HG primer as it does not leave a white cast on the tips of my lashes that can be hard to cover. I can see people using this alone for a natural look, but I do prefer to use it under mascaras. The mascara side of this product is just ok. Not terrible and looks nice but I do get some fallout from the fibers and not really a fan of a curved brush but I can totally see others loving this makeup!!! I will continue to buy this product from the primer and I could see just bringing this as a mascara/primer while traveling to pair down the products that I pack but I have other more HG mascaras that I prefer. My favorite thing is to apply a tubing mascara like from Revlon or Loreal over my other mascaras to incapsulate the products together into tubes that don't smear or flake all this combined is my HG look and although it sounds like a lot, it does not look or feel like too much on the eyes and is easy to remove with water.

I hope Loreal starts packaging this primer separately as they do their white primer. It will be a HUGE hit for them!!!!!!!

NEW HG MASCARA!!!!!!!!! I have been a fan of the original Voluminous Mascara since it came out. I will be honest. I think L'Oreal just has the market on mascara whether it's drug store or high end. They just know what they are doing. I've tried them all and like them all but I keep coming back to the Voluminous line. I watched Tati's video when she used this and was intrigued with the black primer and her lashes looked amazing with this mascara. As luck would have it, I ended up with Pink Eye and had to trash my BRAND NEW tube of Lash Paradise (which is another AMAZING mascara, btw) so, after a week of no mascara and crusty eyes I went on the hunt for this treasure. Let me tell you, it is extremely popular because it was sold out in 4 out of 5 stores I went looking for it. I finally found it. Snatched up the LAST one and YES!!!!!

This mascara is perfection. The primer lifts and separates and adds definition and volume. It's like it is it's own little mini serum for lashes. I know it's not, but that's really the only way I can decribe the way it looks to me. Then, the second coat just makes everything pop. You have lashes that you never had before. It does take a minute for them to dry. And, because you have longer lashes than you realize, it is easy to get dots of mascara on your eyes near your brow bone lol. Yeah, crazy right? Let it dry and flake it off.