Simple Water Boost Hydrating Gel Cream

Simple Water Boost Hydrating Gel Cream

1.0

on 4/14/2018 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was very excited to try this product as I had heard so many positive reviews and have had success with other products from this brand. However, upon first application of this gel, I had broken out like crazy with painful cystic pimples all over my chin and jawline. Was quite disappointing after getting my hopes up and thinking that this would be the end of my searches for a moisturiser that worked well with my skin :( unfortunately the search shall continue.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with the last reviewer, however my experience was worse :/

I used this once and not only did it give me blemishes, but it irritated my skin. Upon application it burnt!! I thought maybe my skin was so dehydrated that that was the reason it happened... however it persisted and my face became red. I had to wash it off

I don’t know what’s up with this “simple” brand, but I have seriously sensitive and reactive skin- which is what they claim to help. Their product line def isn’t for sensitive skin, so I don’t know why they keep promoting that ...

Here I am still trying to find a moisturizer that doesn’t irritate and cause acne. My beloved Boots No7 Simply sensitive line was discontinued :( their hydrating moisturizer was the bomb- truly for sensitive skin. The only moisturizer I’ve found that works is the toleraine fluide, but it’s not enough for the winter so I have to layer squalane oil over it. Even then my skin is dehydrated in the winter :/ in the summer and spring though, this works great!! The search continues...

on 2/12/2018 5:38:00 PM

The tag line on the box reads,
“No harsh chemicals to upset your skin.”
Nope, nope, nope. Going to have to disagree there.

This product, thankfully for some like me who breakout due to fatty acids, is one of the few moisturizers that does not contain cetyl alcohol. However it does contain several other ingredients that flag red on COSdna, including potassium chloride that registers a noticeable 5 on the breakout scale. The moisturizer is seemingly newer to the market and may be intended as a replacement to Simple’s now discontinued ultra-light gel moisturizer. I paid $12.99 for it at CVS, for just shy of 1.5 oz ($9.99 at Target).

This product reminds me a lot of Clean & Clear’s Hydrating Gel moisturizer - the consistency, color, and even the scent a little bit. It’s a creamy sea foam green color, with a light texture and a quickly absorbing formula. It doesn’t irritate the eye area. No SPF protection, no anti-aging claims, no heavy cream promises - it’s (pardon the pun) a relatively simple daytime moisturizer. Leaves skin feeling immediately smooth and soft, though not deeply moisturized. I still had a few dry areas after absorption when I tried it (in the winter).

However, for my sensitive/dry/chin-breakout prone skin, it was a bust. Within three days of starting use, I developed three hard, red, and somehow simultaneously itchy and sore blemishes - in areas of my face I do not usually break out, either. My neck also had a few inflamed, itchy patches within a half hour of application. I discontinued use in less than a week, and within just that short period of time I used the moisturizer, I developed seven blemishes. I wouldn’t recommend this moisturizer to others with sensitive or breakout prone skin.