Tatcha The Silk Canvas Face Primer

Tatcha The Silk Canvas Face Primer

2.8

on 9/4/2018 9:54:00 AM

I'm so in love with many Tatcha products especially the dewy skin mist, it changes my mind from a matte lover to a dewy now. But this one was a dissapointing product for me. It's not bad but not superb considered the high pricetag and all the hype. I have been trying so hard to get this product from abroad since Tatcha not available in my country yet.
The result is similar with benefit porefesional .... smooth , not really fills the pore :(. but this one made my skin look radiant and glowing. When I use this primer there was always someone comments that my makeup up looks great. But when I look at the mirror I feel that it was not as good as people say.
One thing I adored is the packaging, so elegant and feel expensive.

on 9/1/2018 1:07:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Received a sample in monthly subscription and .... nope. I've tried it with several different liquid foundations/bb creams/tinted lotions. Haven't found any benefit at all that would even remotely justify the Tatcha highway robbery pricing. It's no different, IMO, than several of my other primers - like L'Oreal Studio Secrets. Really, it seems a perfect dupe for L'Oreal.

on 8/27/2018 10:52:00 AM

I've heard so many good reviews and people praising this stuff that I had to give it a try. I had a wedding to go to this past weekend so I bought this in hopes it would help my makeup stay on and smooth out my pores.

The packaging is awful. The disc they give you to scrape product out of the jar is a joke. How is that going to be any more sanitary than someone's fingers if it just sits loose in a drawer or whatever? It isn't. I used my own spatula. The product itself is a creamy waxy consistency, and it definitely works better if you pat it into the skin rather than smearing it on. A little goes a long way, because if you apply too much you'll just feel waxy.

It doesn't do anything for the pores on my nose. It blurred the ones on my cheeks slightly but overall NOT $52 worth of blurring. Did it do anything for my fine lines? No. Extend wear time of makeup? No. Minimize Excess shine? HAHA. No.

What does it do? Other than look good on my vanity, not much. This might be one of those things that works well if you have skin that is near perfect to begin with. I'm 31, I need a little more help than that.

I haven't had this long enough to say a lot. It hasn't broken me out, and it's wax based so it seals in my skincare and keeps makeup out of pores. I'm not sure if it's me or the prod but it makes me a bit patchy on my dry areas. I'll try exfoliating more and see if that helps. I don't see a lot of blur happening, but I do see a bit of color correction and texture refining going on when I wear it. The disc u scrape with should be magnetic so it always sticks to the lid where u can find it. Also a screw on top is just dumb..why not flip? I got primer covered fingers and need to screw a lid on? Dumb. It's really nice packaging though and the primer is nice overall. Is sooo expensive tho. I need to keep using to see if it's cost is justified. There's a lot of primer in there and u don't need much...plus it does ur eye area too. It seems it'll last a long time. Hopefully it won't emphasize my dryness though as these kinds of primers tend to do. Overall, I'm not hating it but also not feeling that crazy price and not seeing amazing results. But I'll give it some time and update.

on 8/9/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Most expensive primer I’ve bought. Beautiful packaging and beautiful story(if you’re into that). Tatcha does a fantastic job of its marketing. everything about this is beautiful even the application process which is odd in the fact that you have to scrap it out of the pan using a disc that is provided. Is this worth it? No. Why?

- very little product for what you pay for. I hit pan after barely using it for one month, everyday use.

- The scrap disc is pretty but this is the most inconvenient primer to use because so. Can’t use fingers, I don’t use my nails(ew). And the line on the disc to lwtbtounknow you’ve scrapped enough is far too much product for my face.
Inconvenient for travel!

- it is good oil control and makeup application but not the best.

Overall: while I do in a way, feel like a geisha using this primer, it is not at all convenient to use, the results are mediocre, most of all it’s waaayyyy overpriced...like all of Tatchas products.

on 7/25/2018 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I struggled to find a primer that could keep my foundation on and for oil control. After debating whether buy it due to the price but I took the plunge and have not regret it one bit! I use the little scraper that comes with it and it just melts in to the skin. I rarely have to blot during the day since I've been using this, and my make up stay in tact until the end of the day. I use it even when I'm not using foundation on the weekends, I pair it with the By Terry CC serum in Sunny Flash for a natural make up free look, as this blurs out my pores a bit. I love this product. I love the story behind this as well. I've recommended this to a friend and she's loving it too! Found my holy grail primer!

This product had been sold out at Sephora for weeks so I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I finally got it and I do not really get the hype. I am in my mid 30's with combo skin. I really do not do full coverage foundations because I find they make me look older and really, I just don't need the mask. I was hoping that this would be blurring/perfecting. It was meh at both. It does have a silky texture. It is about a 6 on a scale of 1-10 on the silicone slip meter. I found that it really didn't help my the rest of my makeup stay put. My Tarte primer in a jar does a better job at filling in the imperfections. My Sisley primer holds my makeup and makes my skin feel better at the end of the day. I am going to keep using it when I don't want to mess with two primers for different needs or want to save my $ Sisley primer. At almost $60.00 I thought this was too expensive for what I get out of it. I don't hate it but I probably won't repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never thought the day would come where I had to write a negative review on a Tatcha product. Seriously, I use and adore SO many of Tatcha’s products but I have to say that this product is a complete fail.

This “primer” is a semi-solid cream packaged (yes, beautifully but annoyingly) in a large screw top compact-like jar. It comes with a dumb disc that you’re supposed to lightly drag across the product with the edge to pick up and scoop up this primer. First off, this disc is alone in the universe, and is easily misplaced from just roaming free in the world. Second, it’s a freakin’ dumb idea.

This primer seriously does nothing. It smells nice, that’s about it. I have used a crap-ton of primers...blurring, hydrating, mattifying, silicone/non-silicone...I mean if it exists, chances are I’ve tried it. The ONLY two primers I can think of that are worse than this is the Milk blurring stick and Benefit Porefessional (it breaks me out something fierce).

This primer doesn’t blur anything at all on my 35 yr old skin. It doesn’t even try. It makes my skin feel waxy/heavy as well.

I have tried a slew of foundations with this primer. I’m serious, I’ve tried every foundation I own (I own a lot). They either separate/slip/pool, become oily, or accentuate pores and/or crease, or completely disintegrate in hours. I’m not joking.

This primer does not prolong wear AT ALL. It doesn’t make my skin look $52 worth of fab by any stretch of the imagination.

I could potentially get passed the bonkers packaging and price if it worked, but it sucks.

Super disappointed, this is the first Tatcha product I have outright despised. Tatcha makes amazing products, this? Not one of em. Pass!

on 6/12/2018 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is something completely different than your average “primer” just check the ingredients people. Not only does it do a good job as a primer, but it’s also a treatment. It has great blurring effects as well. I have acne/combo skin that’s starting to transition into early mature skin (30), and this is a great product. With age I’m learning to put down heavy cakey makeup, let my skin breath and find products that treat and has makeup qualities.

on 4/19/2018 4:47:00 PM

I laughed when I read in some review on another site that Tatcha's Silk Canvas is changing the rule that primers are “a historically useless product.” But it’s true, it somehow blurs the stuff you want to hide so you need just a little bit of concealer or lightweight foundation on top, and then it locks it in all day. Amazing. I've been test driving a 4g deluxe sample from Sephora this month and once I use it up, I'm going to have to buy the full size.
$52 for a 20g pot with spatula at Sephora.