MAC Jeremy Scott Acoustica Cheek x3

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Jeremy Scott Acoustica Cheek x3

on 2/16/2018 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

the packaging is awesome! very very well done. magnetic lid, big round mirror inside the lid. shiny black plastic inside (like you would find on a stereo display...you know what i mean?). detailing on the front of packaging is very cool, the back has that colour changing effect that cd's have (again i hope you know what i mean). the shades are not listed inside the palette because that would ruin the aesthetic, but a sheet is included inside with the names and they are written on the back. the 'box' the palette comes in is not cardboard, it is stiff plastic and all done up to look like the plastic that comes on a box of blank cd-rw's. seriously this thing is so much fun to hold and open and look at.

the shades inside are fine. they are nice. do they make me say 'WOW these are the best bronzer/blush/hl shades that i have ever used!'??. no, no they do not. but they are functional, pleasant, every day type of shades. i can use a fairly stiff brush with the blush and bronzer. the hl is the most vivid of the three but still not over the top.

i do think that this palette will serve me well in my day-to-day makeup. i probably would not use this palette if i were looking for lots of bling on the cheeks. but with the fancy eye look i have on today, this palette did a good job in preventing me from looking like a clown. i was particularly happy to see that the bronzer is not orange or red or yellow.. it seems quite neutral to me although i did not compare it against my other bronzers yet. the blush is a medium pink.

could mac and JScott have done better with the shades in this palette? i think so. some creativity and innovation to go along with the fantastic packaging would have been nice. as it is, it will do and i do like it. it certainly has a place in my collection due to both the packaging and its contents. but i think that some people would be expecting more from the product and might feel a bit let down.

on 2/8/2018 9:22:00 PM

I went to Ulta today ready to drop $150 on all 3 products in this collection.. Didn't happen. The lip palette was so small and CHEAP looking, the colors were waxy and kinda unappealing.. the eyeshadow palette was half the size I was expecting, and didn't even swatch that amazing, especially not for $75, and both were made of cheap, thin, shiny plastic that will break within 30 days. I'm a huge MAC fan, but both of those products were a huge flop for me.. To top it off, of the 5 boxes I opened, each palette had one pan that was slightly crooked! Lolol Super disappointed...

On to the cheek palette! It's fabulous, I wish there were more shades, I would purchase them all! It's made well, super pigmented, a pretty peach blush, with a midtone bronzer shade, a pretty nice champagne highlight. Definitely recommend the cheek palette.

***the photo is of my actual palette so you can see a true representation of the colors.