Kat Von D Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick in Ophelia

Studded Kiss Crème Lipstick in Ophelia

1 review

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been looking for a nice clay-pinky nude to replace my Maybelline Daringly Nude, which looks beautiful but wears very badly on me - and this is the one!

I don't wear liquid lipstick because I have dry lips to begin with, so I'm glad that Ophelia has been brought out in a creme lipstick, because it's such a beautiful shade. It's more clay/brown than pink, but it's not too orange. The formula is gorgeous, and very comfortable. It's so, so good. Haven't tried the old Studded Kiss formula, but this new one is great. The wear time is pretty good, and the way it wears is flattering thanks to the shade (I'm light olive), but it doesn't last through pizza, that much I know for sure.

The packaging is cool, and the lid doesn't come off easily like the old lipstick lids used to. Although - the first lipstick I bought, the bullet fell out of the base after the first use, so I returned it and got a new one. The smell is vanilla-y, very like MAC lipsticks but a little less refined, perhaps - doesn't matter, because the smell dissipates pretty quickly.