Nailite #80 polish

1 review

on 2/7/2018 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love nailite polishes and the price is right at $0.99 (standard size). The brush isn't the best a bit like Essie but stiffer. But it's still very workable.

In the bottle it looks like a slightly tan-peach neutral. It reminds me a little of OPI Samoan Sand.

1 coat...goes on clean and semi sheer. It requires a light coat but due to the brush you will have to make several quick passes to get the streak out and get it even. But it corrects really well and really quickly, unlike a lot of OPI & Essie nudes. So don't let that scare you off, but just know it corrects and smooths very easily.

2 coats...due to the need to smooth it out a bit with multiple brush passes to smooth it, you really do need to be sure your first coat is dry. It takes even more work to even it out. It's still easy to work with compared to other polishes. I do prefer 1 coat to 2 for this reason, though I do like the nice, clean milky look of 2. I do think there may be a hint of streakiness even with even-ing it out. Frankly, I'd just do 1 coat.

3 coats, I did not like at all it just didn't look good and even. I much prefer this as a sheer to semi sheer in 1 coat than 2 or 3.

If you're looking for a cheap, pretty easy to work with polish, this is a good one. As long as you are happy with sheer to semi-sheer and don't want overly milky or opague. They have a few other polishes (Nailite) that I do like better than this one, but this is still a good one.

Popular Polishes