Different Dimension - Maleficent

No Image

1 review

on 2/5/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Maleficent is an awesome glitter bomb. As described on the DD website “Maleficent is a cobalt blue holographic microglitter with ultrachrome and silver flakies”. IMO that description is accurate. The cobalt blue really shines through and is enhanced by flakies in silver, gold, green, blue, and pink/purple. It’s like a disco ball on your nails. A shiny top coat it really makes it sparkle.

According to the website it is opaque in 2 to 3 coats but I ended up using 4 because in part my 1st coat wasn’t thick enough so with 3 coats there were just a few patchy spots. Sponging it on might be an option to avoid using so many coats. My nail beds were smooth with just one coat of top coat but if your nails are longer you might require 2.

The formula was good. It wasn’t too thick or too thin. It didn’t pool or flood my cuticles or the side of my fingers. The glitter spread pretty evenly and as mentioned if you do thicker coats you can probably get away with 3 coats.

Maleficent is packaged in the standard polish bottle with the standard polish brush. It works well for application.

This particular polish is $10 and IMO well worth the price. However, I ordered during the holidays and got a 20% discount and that made the price even more attractive. As I live in IN, the home of DD shipping was reasonable but I did have to pay sales tax. (Not saying that’s a bad thing, just pointing it out for IN purchasers.) I would definitely repurchase as I think Maleficent is both pretty and unique.

I will update in a few days regarding wear, removal and staining.

UPDATE: 02/09/18 - I got decent wear from this polish but it did chip after chopping veggies. I think that happened because it was a bit thick due to 4 coats. Removal took a bit more time because of the glitter but it wasn’t exceptionally difficult. There was no staining.

Popular Polishes