Dior Rouge Dior

1 review

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've always been cheap with lipsticks to be honest. My thought process was, 1) There are so many cosmetic brands, you can almost most certainly find any color lipstick you see at an expensive brand from a cheaper brand. 2) Since I don't wear make-up often my products usually expire before I can finish half the tube. If I'm going to spend a large amount of money, I need to use the whole thing.

But this Rouge Dior line kind of changed my mind. I got a Rouge Dior as a gift about 6-7 years ago. It was a bold color I liked but wouldn't use a lot. In fact the last two years I didn't even touch it until I found it in a drawer. I was very surprised there was no kind of going bad situation. No bad odor, the texture was still there, the color was still strong. I still feared it would irritate me; I have sensitive skin. But I gave it a try. No irritation. I used it several times in the last month and the lipstick is exactly like the day I received it 6-7 years ago. Whereas most (but not all!) of my lipsticks from cheaper brands went bad one way or the other within 3 years.

So I guess expensive lipsticks might worth it sometimes, too. Personally I would still first check cheaper yet good-quality and long-lasting brands like Alix Avien when I need a new lipstick. But if I can't find the right shade there, I will gladly go to Rouge Dior now. Especially for the colors I do love but won't use often so I need it to last for some years.