Guerlain Shalimar Souffle Intense

Guerlain Shalimar Souffle Intense

1 review

on 2/3/2018 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have a weak spot for Oriental Florals and Oriental Vanillas (one of my favourite perfumes is Dior Addict) and I've always liked Guerlain Shalimar but I didn't really care for Shalimar Souffle; too boring, weak and generic. So when Shalimar Souffle Intense EdP was released I didn't expect much but of course I had to get a sample. Much to my surprise I fell in love with it immediately and I've been wearing it daily for months now; it's that addictive. Souffle Intense just suits my personality & skin chemistry perfectly.

Shalimar Souffle Intense is deeper, richer, warmer and more complex than regular Souffle. More of a true Oriental, with the distinctive "Guerlinade" notes. It opens with citrus notes; not sharp but fresh and bright. You can also detect the orange blossom but it is subdued. Then I smell creamy Jasmine. Nothing overly sweet; a bit powdery and dewy. Balsamic creamy. The drydown is heavenly: milky, spicy vanilla, sweet benzoin and some smoky white musk. It leaves a very sensuous, feminine yet comforting trail. While it is more intense than original Souffle, it's perfectly fine to wear it during the day.
Shalimar Souffle Intense wears close to the skin; the sillage is moderate but longevity is +6 hours. I can still smell it on my clothes for days after wearing.

I would say this is a beautifully done perfume; a very well-balanced Oriental Floral. IMO one of Thierry Wasser's best creations. The cobalt blue bottle is gorgeous as well.
Shalimar Souffle Intense does have the typical Shalimar "vibe" but it's more easy to wear. If you like perfumes like Dior Addict, Givenchy Organza Indecence and/or Armani Code I highly recommend getting a sample. This is a flanker worth trying!

Guerlain Shalimar Souffle Intense EdP. Released: 2017. Notes: Green notes, White Flowers, India Jasmine Sambac, Orange Blossom Water Accord, Tahitian Vanilla, Madagascar Vanilla, Musk, Tolu Balsam, Benzoin.
Available in 50ml/1.6 oz. Price €107.

Popular Fragrances