Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadow

Essence Metal Shock Eyeshadow
Metal Shock EyeshadowMetal Shock EyeshadowMetal Shock Eyeshadow

4.4

on 5/30/2018 3:05:00 PM

Count me as a fan! I have Total Eclipse and Stars & Stories, and I love them both. (I also had Galaxy Rocks but returned it. I didn't love the color and I found it to have poor staying power.)

But the two that I have, they are awesome! And thank you Essence for selling everything so dirt cheap!

I just dab the product on my lids with the doe-foot applicator and blend it out with my fingers. The end results are so pretty and sparkly without being over the top. The formula is nice and smooth, not chunky at all. Nice color density, very buildable. And they wear very nicely with some creasing after a few hours. Not bad at all!

Great product overall. Highly Recommended! Would definitely this again.

on 5/18/2018 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Prefer this to Stila's 'Magnificent Metals' range 100%
Longevity = A+ (work in Hospitality and can get through sweaty 8 hour shift easyy!) - extend by setting with pressed glitter eyeshadow.
Doesn't transfer when applying (something I found with Stila^^)
10/10 would recommend

on 5/9/2018 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice but not ground breaking. I have "Stars & Stories" (like a champagne mauve pink) and "1 Second to Mars" (golden pink/peachy). The shades are pretty, easy to apply and blend quickly with fingers. They last all day and aren't too *too* metallic (and can be toned down with a powder eye shadow over top). They're nice to have and play with but they aren't something I'd rush out to buy if I lost one or used it up. Packaging is fine, no issues, other than when you try to push the applicator back into the tube, you feel you might snap the neck off. I'd probably be more interested if the shades weren't already ones I have in my stash, but for a quick one and done, they're OK. I am still curious about Galaxy Rocks so I may still give that one a go. For $5.99 Cdn, they don't break the bank.

on 4/18/2018 8:59:00 AM

I have a shade 02 stars & stories. The packaging is nice, but the label comes off really quikly. Altough Essence is a cruelty free brand, this is the only colour that cointains carmine. I like the applicator, it's flat on both sides and it's easy to apply. This colour is surprisingly wearable and looks really pretty, but it comes off really easily. I feel like these are very similar to Catrice liquid eye shadows, because they are sister companies, but Catrice eye shadows last on the eyes longer, so I suggest buying Catrice over these. Overall, Essence ones are not horrible, I will use it but that's not something I would buy again

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I only have one shade of this product (Stars & Stories), but I would consider buying a couple of the others. I wish they'd expand the shade range and add neutral colors like taupe, soft brown, champagne, platinum, etc because I would buy all of those in a heartbeat. Stars & Stories is a pinky lilac color with sparkles. It applies easily, dries down in a reasonable amount of time, and wears all day. I find the wear to be comparable to Butter London Glazen Eye Gloss, and there's also no fallout from the glitter particles. For the price, this product cannot be beat! Now Essence just needs to make more colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The shades Moondust (Metallic Silver) and 1 Second to Mars (Peachy Pink Shimmer) are SO gorgeous. I like these better than the Stila liquid shadows because these don't flake at all on me. These are easy to apply, easy to blend, and they do not budge once they dry. I am able to layer them with other liquid formulas without any issues. A single transition color and this on the lid creates a gorgeous look in no time at all.

The doe foot feels a bit rough going in and out of the tube, like it might break, but these are gorgeous and affordable enough that I'll deal if it does. I've had so many compliments on these and I am having a lot of fun playing with them, I can't recommend them enough.

on 2/27/2018 6:30:00 PM

Amazing quality, not just for the price. They wear like iron. I have 3! Stars and Stories (glittery warm taupe), Total eclipse ( purple/green glitter) and 1 second to Mars (peachy shimmer). I see "cult following" potential with these.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

They did a good job for only $4.99! Love it! Stays on all day too.

on 2/2/2018 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Essence is a cruelty free company. I purchased these for $5.49 from Shoppers Drug Mart.

I own two of these, in the shades 02 Stars and Stories and 07 Second to Mars. 02 is a really pretty purpley pink colour with silver sparkles in it and 07 is a rose gold colour with gold sparkles! Both are gorgeous colours and they perform wonderfully. However, there are some things to keep in mind with these!

When I say sparkles, they are really finely milled sparkles. The shadow is very reflective (hence the Metallic name), and it does remind me a lot of the Stila Magnificent Metals! The Stila shadows have more prominent/bigger sparkles in them, they are much more glitzy and in your face than the Essence ones. I also find that the Essence ones have little to no fallout, whereas the Stila ones can make my whole face glittery!

Continuing with the similarities, the Essence shadows also come with a doe foot applicator and dry down matte. You have to be quick when applying these as they do dry down fairly quickly!

If you want to wear these alone, I find that 02 is more pigmented. Even swatching the two shades on my hand 02 is more pigmented colourwise, but 07 is still really pretty! I personally prefer to wear them overtop of a matte shadow that already gives it a coloured base. I like to use the applicator to put some product either on the back of my hand or a palette and then use a flat brush to apply it to my eyelid. I find that this gives me more control of the product vs using my finger or the applicator it comes with.

I don't have any problems with creasing as long as I use an eyeshadow base. I like to use the Essence I Love Colour Intensifying Eyeshadow Base. I would love to try out more of the shades!