L'Occitane Aromachologie Revitalizing Fresh Shampoo

L'Occitane Aromachologie Revitalizing Fresh Shampoo

I had first tried L’occitane’s shampoo and conditioner for dry or damaged hair (pink bottle) as I was having issues with an itchy scalp and thought that it might be due to dryness. The smell was so putrid I could barely use it up, but I did and my hair looked plump and full bodied. So when I ran out I thought I would give this a try. It’s heavenly! It smells of mint, amber, and orange and leaves my scalp feeling clean and fresh all day. I use it with the matching conditioner and have had no more itchy scalp ever since! I love when you’re ready to repurchase that you can buy a refill bag. Very economical and eco friendly which is important to me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using L'Oreal Citrus shampoo for oily hair & L'Occitane Volumizing conditioner for years. Those two together gave the best volume to my fine hair, really cleaned the excess oil off my scalp, and the smell combo was perfect. Lucky me, both products discontinued. :-(

I've been on the search for a new shampoo & conditioner since. I tried L'Oreal's new shampoo for oily hair with clay which wasn't as good as the citrus shampoo AT ALL. Now I'm trying L'Occitane shampoos as well as conditioners one by one. The first try was Aromachologie Revitalizing Fresh shampoo and I'm sad to say I'm not satisfied enough. On the good side the ingredients are pretty good with different oils and extracts, it made my scalp felt clean. The volume it provided didn't reach my target level but wasn't far away from it either. The biggest problem is the smell. It has a very minty odor which instantly reminded me of men's cologne. I'm not a fan of the mint scent. The second problem is, while I love that refreshing menthol feeling on leg & feet products, it felt weird on my scalp. (Shampoo has both mint oil and menthol.)

L'Occitane shampoos are expensive and while I'm fine with spending extra when I really love the result like I did with their former Volumizing conditioner, this shampoo wasn't satisfying enough for that price. I will move on to the next L'Occitane shampoo to try...