Bourjois Little Round Pot - Rose de Jaspe 95

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.6

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Packaging: 3
Buy again? No.

First off, let me map out what I expect my blushes to be and to do:
- shimmery or satin finish (I don't believe in matte blushes)
- preferably with a gold shimmer that acts as a subtle highlighter
- a "pinched cheeks" kind of colour (absolutely nothing deep or bright)
- reasonably pigmented, but no insane colour payoff (it's harder to go overboard that way)
- I don't really care much about the staying power; I like my blushes "worn in" so that they look more like I just came in from the cold than like freshly applied makeup

This blush ticks all these boxes (plus, it is smells really nice to me), and I'd happily give it full 5 lippies - BUT.
Unfortunately, this product has a sad tendency to go funny in the pan. I don't know if it's the oily residue from the brush, or oxidisation, but after a few uses a strange film forms on the surface of the blush that makes it very difficult to pick up the perfectly fine pigment that lies underneath. The problem is easily solved by scratching off the topmost layer (I find that using a tissue works best), but it's a bit of a nuisance to do that three times a week, and, what's more, the fresh layer of product has too much colour payoff for my liking.

As I said, I'd give this product 5 lippies if it weren't for this little triviality, but I'll only give it 3,5. That being said, I think the packaging is really cute (although it's a bit too small for my brushes, and the gold characters rub off after a while), and the product itself is beautiful; great for beginners. (Tip: Throw out the little brush that comes with it, and use a proper blush brush; it makes all the difference in the world.)

Such a lovely blush. The packaging is cute and easy to use, I like the brush and I like the scent, though strong it kind of reminds me of my late nanna. So everytime I open it I feel all nostalgic.
Its a pretty shimmery apricoty-pink. I'm pale-medium skin tone with highlighted blonde hair and I like the colour on me though I DO have to be careful not to overdo it at times as its quite strong colour! (a good thing though I think!)
It livens up my face and makes me look a bit healthier. I hope.
I think it will look even nicer on a tan in the summer. I recommend this to people and would buy it again, I recall its about 6-7 .

I bought bought this in a drugstore for 3 when I was thirteen, and despite owning blushes now from MAC, Sephora, MakeUp For Ever, Benefit and others, I still come back to this NEVERENDING blush five years on for everyday colour. It's a wonderful, natural colour, a dusty peachy-pink, which applies and blends well for a long lasting 8 - 9 hour wear. The upside? Aside from the wonderful colour, texture, wearing quality and value, THE SMELL. SWEET JESUS. IT'S SOOOOO GOOD. I don't know what it is.... But it just smells like sea and sand and holidays and sun cream and fruit and coconut and Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner. It's beautiful. I love this product. The only downside is the brush that comes with. I mean, really Bourjois? If they'd stuck a banana in there it would have been more useful. Just throw the brushy-thing away and enjoy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Nice color, though its not very natural. Good product, but nothing special about it...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fair to good blush on the very very pale. Slightly too pink on me; I find a warmer peachy-pink better. This isn't unusable, though.

I've recently been adventuring for the first time into the dark regions of blush. This is scary for a pale blue person. I thought I could never pull off any blush, ever, and was condemned to looking like death year-round.

95 Rose de Jaspe is one of two I finally bought (the other is 35 Lune d'or). Thanks to advice from Satinette and Georgiasweety on the Boards for pointing me towards this one! Rose Jaspe is one of the lightest Bourjois blushes: pale rose-pink. It's a dusky rose - so with a little more beige-brown in the mix; a little glittery, but not nearly as much as the "d'or" series; easy to apply a faint wash that just makes you look very slightly flushed. As Jojoba points out in her review, Rose de Jaspe is very close to Chanel's Joues Contraste 99 Rose Ptale.

It's more peachy than the other paler Bourjois blushes, so works well on the pale blue of hue. Anything with more blue-violet in it brings out my natural blueness; so the more "pure" pinks, like the otherwise beautiful Rose d'or and Lilas d'or, came out a bit artificial-looking on me. Going the other way, anything with too much coral/rust (Rose coup de foudre, Tomette, Brun poudr) comes out orange. My favourite remains Lune d'or for an everyday rapid blush - Rose de Jaspe is a close second as it's less immediately easy to work with and effective, it has more colour and less glitteriness, maybe more appropriate for meetings? I'm still playing around with these, anyway.

Bourjois blushes are lovely little pots of joy; beautiful packaging, matching the colour inside. The mini mirror inside is useful, the fitted teeny brush is not. The contents are domed, and baked. Quite hard, but work fine with a blusher brush: good results here with the Bourjois dinky stubby bronzer brush or The Body Shop's retractable blusher brush (soft, synthetic, lovely). As others have noted, this blush can be hard to pick up as it's dry-baked: easily solved by scraping the top gently with a dry toothbrush.

This is perfumed: the classic Bourjois scent: rose, vanilla, peach, violet flower, maybe some lily of the valley. Love it or hate it (I love it, and am highly allergic to many smells - but this scent is happily nostalgic for me).

Nice and cheap here in Europe (around EUR 10.00). Not tested on animals. No irritations on this otherwise rather irritable skin.

I'd buy this again - though it looks like it'll last a long time - but not as good as Nars Orgasm or its dupes, as quite the most extraordinary and life-changing gently flushing blush. Mmmm... continued >>