Bourjois Little Round Pot - Rose de Jaspe 95

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.2

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Packaging: 3
Buy again? No.

First off, let me map out what I expect my blushes to be and to do:
- shimmery or satin finish (I don't believe in matte blushes)
- preferably with a gold shimmer that acts as a subtle highlighter
- a "pinched cheeks" kind of colour (absolutely nothing deep or bright)
- reasonably pigmented, but no insane colour payoff (it's harder to go overboard that way)
- I don't really care much about the staying power; I like my blushes "worn in" so that they look more like I just came in from the cold than like freshly applied makeup

This blush ticks all these boxes (plus, it is smells really nice to me), and I'd happily give it full 5 lippies - BUT.
Unfortunately, this product has a sad tendency to go funny in the pan. I don't know if it's the oily residue from the brush, or oxidisation, but after a few uses a strange film forms on the surface of the blush that makes it very difficult to pick up the perfectly fine pigment that lies underneath. The problem is easily solved by scratching off the topmost layer (I find that using a tissue works best), but it's a bit of a nuisance to do that three times a week, and, what's more, the fresh layer of product has too much colour payoff for my liking.

As I said, I'd give this product 5 lippies if it weren't for this little triviality, but I'll only give it 3,5. That being said, I think the packaging is really cute (although it's a bit too small for my brushes, and the gold characters rub off after a while), and the product itself is beautiful; great for beginners. (Tip: Throw out the little brush that comes with it, and use a proper blush brush; it makes all the difference in the world.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love, love this blush. It's the one I wear almost every day and when I run out I will definitely buy it again.

It's a warm pink with subtle shimmer. It's not glittery, it gives a 'lit from within' glow so beautiful that you probably won't need highlighter.

The only negative about this blush is that eventually it gets a bit harder to pick up anything on the brush, so occasionally I need to give it a scrape with a cotton bud just to loosen the powder. Otherwise, this is a must-have for me.

My eyes were on this blush for a long time! Such a cute packaging, natural shimmery pinkish peach shade doesn't make me look like a clown and makes my face glow and blends nicely with my medium skin. I like the floral powdery scent it's gorgeous. I'm impressed with the quality of it, i thought because the pots are small they don't contain enough product, i figured out that it does last for a long time, I bought it a year ago and it seems like i didn't consume the half of the product yet! ( I use it pretty much everyday).
However it's hard to get the adequate amount of product for the first couple of uses, maybe because it's a baked blush the surface is hard as well as brush is meh.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful nuance, so silky and smooth, it gives instant freshness and radiance to skin. It has a pretty lasting power, no break-out, no iritations. The packaging is so cute, I always have it in my purse for little touch ups during long day.
The only thing I can say it's not so perfect is the fact that I need to swirl my brush more to get some color on cheeks, it a little to hard. However, it is better to apply it gradually then to apply it once and look like a clown:-)

I've had the little pot of this blush for ever. Literally years. I still have stacks left too. I really like the dusty pink colour that it is and I think it's a good stand-by blusher for everyday prettiness. I hate the brush it comes with though. It's so tiny and the wrong shape. But that aside, the product is good and I would recommend this colour.

for years and years this was the only blush that I had and it still reach for it a lot, it lasts that long!
Pigmentation wise is not a wow element but I do believe it last on your face. The bigger issues with these baked blushes is that after a while it takes a lot more work to get product on the brush because the powder is hard.
Very often I apply some with my fingers and then blend it with a brush because its a still lovely and perfectly good blush.
And the package is so cute!

This was a favorite of mine for a few years. This is a nice light pink blush with some shimmer. It looks really natural and I think this is a shade that would suit most complexions. It also lasts for a very long time. Cons: it gets a bit blotchy by the end of the day, but that can easily be fixed, frail packaging (be careful not to drop it) and the brush you get with it is useless. I don't mind the scent at all.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Skin : Asian, semi-tanned yellow.

Smells very nice, a very compact container with cute brush.
It blends easily with a very very slight shimmery texture for those who doesn't want to look too "shiny". I think it's good for daily natural look.

On my oily skin, in heavy outdoor activity it stays for only 3 hours, but in indoor activity it might last for 6-7 hours, at least 50 % of what I've put first time.

I have been using it for 3 months, while my friend has been using it for almost a year and it looks like it hasn't been used up, not even a half.

definitely recommend this, such a friendly price, and I might just buy this product with different color.

I really love the blusher range that Bourjois offers. So many pretty pink colours but for my first pot i went with the 'Rose De Jasper'. Love how each of the blushes come in a different coloured pot so its easy to distinguish between them.
It has a slight floral smell to it which may bother some but i actually dont mind it. It also comes with a tiny brush and mirror inside so it enables quick and easy application.
Its not a very strong colour but can easily be build up depending on how you like to wear your blusher. I will definatley buy more of this blusher whether it be in the same colour or i may try one of the others next time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fair to good blush on the very very pale. Slightly too pink on me; I find a warmer peachy-pink better. This isn't unusable, though.

I've recently been adventuring for the first time into the dark regions of blush. This is scary for a pale blue person. I thought I could never pull off any blush, ever, and was condemned to looking like death year-round.

95 Rose de Jaspe is one of two I finally bought (the other is 35 Lune d'or). Thanks to advice from Satinette and Georgiasweety on the Boards for pointing me towards this one! Rose Jaspe is one of the lightest Bourjois blushes: pale rose-pink. It's a dusky rose - so with a little more beige-brown in the mix; a little glittery, but not nearly as much as the "d'or" series; easy to apply a faint wash that just makes you look very slightly flushed. As Jojoba points out in her review, Rose de Jaspe is very close to Chanel's Joues Contraste 99 Rose Ptale.

It's more peachy than the other paler Bourjois blushes, so works well on the pale blue of hue. Anything with more blue-violet in it brings out my natural blueness; so the more "pure" pinks, like the otherwise beautiful Rose d'or and Lilas d'or, came out a bit artificial-looking on me. Going the other way, anything with too much coral/rust (Rose coup de foudre, Tomette, Brun poudr) comes out orange. My favourite remains Lune d'or for an everyday rapid blush - Rose de Jaspe is a close second as it's less immediately easy to work with and effective, it has more colour and less glitteriness, maybe more appropriate for meetings? I'm still playing around with these, anyway.

Bourjois blushes are lovely little pots of joy; beautiful packaging, matching the colour inside. The mini mirror inside is useful, the fitted teeny brush is not. The contents are domed, and baked. Quite hard, but work fine with a blusher brush: good results here with the Bourjois dinky stubby bronzer brush or The Body Shop's retractable blusher brush (soft, synthetic, lovely). As others have noted, this blush can be hard to pick up as it's dry-baked: easily solved by scraping the top gently with a dry toothbrush.

This is perfumed: the classic Bourjois scent: rose, vanilla, peach, violet flower, maybe some lily of the valley. Love it or hate it (I love it, and am highly allergic to many smells - but this scent is happily nostalgic for me).

Nice and cheap here in Europe (around EUR 10.00). Not tested on animals. No irritations on this otherwise rather irritable skin.

I'd buy this again - though it looks like it'll last a long time - but not as good as Nars Orgasm or its dupes, as quite the most extraordinary and life-changing gently flushing blush. Mmmm... continued >>