Bourjois Little Round Pot - Rose de Jaspe 95

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

3.7

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Packaging: 3
Buy again? No.

First off, let me map out what I expect my blushes to be and to do:
- shimmery or satin finish (I don't believe in matte blushes)
- preferably with a gold shimmer that acts as a subtle highlighter
- a "pinched cheeks" kind of colour (absolutely nothing deep or bright)
- reasonably pigmented, but no insane colour payoff (it's harder to go overboard that way)
- I don't really care much about the staying power; I like my blushes "worn in" so that they look more like I just came in from the cold than like freshly applied makeup

This blush ticks all these boxes (plus, it is smells really nice to me), and I'd happily give it full 5 lippies - BUT.
Unfortunately, this product has a sad tendency to go funny in the pan. I don't know if it's the oily residue from the brush, or oxidisation, but after a few uses a strange film forms on the surface of the blush that makes it very difficult to pick up the perfectly fine pigment that lies underneath. The problem is easily solved by scratching off the topmost layer (I find that using a tissue works best), but it's a bit of a nuisance to do that three times a week, and, what's more, the fresh layer of product has too much colour payoff for my liking.

As I said, I'd give this product 5 lippies if it weren't for this little triviality, but I'll only give it 3,5. That being said, I think the packaging is really cute (although it's a bit too small for my brushes, and the gold characters rub off after a while), and the product itself is beautiful; great for beginners. (Tip: Throw out the little brush that comes with it, and use a proper blush brush; it makes all the difference in the world.)

Such a lovely blush. The packaging is cute and easy to use, I like the brush and I like the scent, though strong it kind of reminds me of my late nanna. So everytime I open it I feel all nostalgic.
Its a pretty shimmery apricoty-pink. I'm pale-medium skin tone with highlighted blonde hair and I like the colour on me though I DO have to be careful not to overdo it at times as its quite strong colour! (a good thing though I think!)
It livens up my face and makes me look a bit healthier. I hope.
I think it will look even nicer on a tan in the summer. I recommend this to people and would buy it again, I recall its about 6-7 .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful nuance, so silky and smooth, it gives instant freshness and radiance to skin. It has a pretty lasting power, no break-out, no iritations. The packaging is so cute, I always have it in my purse for little touch ups during long day.
The only thing I can say it's not so perfect is the fact that I need to swirl my brush more to get some color on cheeks, it a little to hard. However, it is better to apply it gradually then to apply it once and look like a clown:-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Rose de Jaspe 95 is a peachy rose that adds a natural flush to cheeks. Its warm toned with cool silver shimmer. The shimmer isn't loud like Nars Super Orgasm, it blends out nicely to a healthy shimmer-sheen. Good pigmentation. Actually, I think its a close dupe for Benefit Rockateur :)

PROS:
- Blends well
- Pretty Floral scent
- Paraben Free
- Small and compact doesn't take up much room in your makeup bag or for storage
- Has a mirror for travel and on the go application
- Color coded packaging makes it quick to find the shade you want in the morning
- Bourjois put out super cute limited edition packaging quite often to spice it up

CONS:
- Most shades are pigmented but there are a few disappointments that have a lot of shimmer and not much pigment
- Lasting power is average - around 6 - 8 hours
- Some people say a few develop a hardened surface every once in a while and then its harder to pick up color. I wouldn't worry ahead of time - it hasn't happened to me yet and I have 4 that I've had for 18 months now. If it did the fix is easy....just to scrape off a layer of the surface with a nail file, or an old clean mascara wand, or and old toothbrush :)

I love this blush so much. I've got quite light, warm-toned freckly skin, and it comes out looking very, very natural. The gold running through it makes my cheeks have a nice, subtle sheen to them as well (not glittery), so sometimes I don't bother highlighting. Two other plusses for me are that it's super long-wearing, and that I've been using one pot daily for at least two years and it doesn't look like it's about to run out... I give it another year! Got another one in reserve right now - I buy when it's on special.

Just one more thing to add - some people don't like the brush, or the fact that the blush goes hard. I've not had any problems either way for some reason. I do have to scrape the brush on the product a bit, but it's easy. I also like the shape of the brush but due to the fact I have a long face I do like to put my blush on over a wide area.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Bought in Europe, was $11.00. Nice small packaging, easy to slip into my make up bag. Not a fan of these huge packaging (Tom Ford, etc). Many colors available, very unusual for a drugstore (High Street) blush then again I would not say this was really low priced.

The color I chose is a very light pink with a tad of shimmer. Does not look glittery on my skin, just gives me a tad of natural pop. Tiny little brush works OK, but I do have much better brushes.

CONCLUSION; It was super dry after 6 mo. Had to toss could not blend sparkling things were like sandpaper on my face

Don't know if it is the product, or if I bought an "old stale product"

Either way, go with BB or LM or MAC for blushers

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Nice color, though its not very natural. Good product, but nothing special about it...

I've had the little pot of this blush for ever. Literally years. I still have stacks left too. I really like the dusty pink colour that it is and I think it's a good stand-by blusher for everyday prettiness. I hate the brush it comes with though. It's so tiny and the wrong shape. But that aside, the product is good and I would recommend this colour.

for years and years this was the only blush that I had and it still reach for it a lot, it lasts that long!
Pigmentation wise is not a wow element but I do believe it last on your face. The bigger issues with these baked blushes is that after a while it takes a lot more work to get product on the brush because the powder is hard.
Very often I apply some with my fingers and then blend it with a brush because its a still lovely and perfectly good blush.
And the package is so cute!

I am generally surprised with the positive opinions of this product. I can understand its popularity as it comes in a variety of shades, smells nice and is relatively inexpensive. But for me its texture is far too hard and you really need to scratch hard to get the blush on the brush. This was was my first blush ever and I was a bit disappointed as I found it really difficult to apply properly. The effect was either invisible or close to Russian doll. I was almost put off using blushes at all and then I came across a Bourjois Duo Effet Sculpteur Blush and this was another story, I am a big fan of blushes ever since.