Bourjois Little Round Pot - Rose de Jaspe 95

4.1

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Bought in Europe, was $11.00. Nice small packaging, easy to slip into my make up bag. Not a fan of these huge packaging (Tom Ford, etc). Many colors available, very unusual for a drugstore (High Street) blush then again I would not say this was really low priced.

The color I chose is a very light pink with a tad of shimmer. Does not look glittery on my skin, just gives me a tad of natural pop. Tiny little brush works OK, but I do have much better brushes.

CONCLUSION; It was super dry after 6 mo. Had to toss could not blend sparkling things were like sandpaper on my face

Don't know if it is the product, or if I bought an "old stale product"

Either way, go with BB or LM or MAC for blushers

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

NO COLOR ON FACE! Too sheer I guess.

Fine, but unremarkable.

The brush it comes with is crap, I threw it out. Also, dropped the case and lid immediately smashed off. I now have to have this sitting open on a counter-top until I use it up, and have to use a different blush when I travel. However, not having a lid has got rid of the nasty perfume smell.

The colour however is great. Subtle pink shimmer, easy to choose from a great range (there were about 3 I would have been happy to buy) and it goes on just as it looks like it will.

I don't like that the product is so hard though, it takes a good few rubs to load my brush. However, when it does go on I think it is quite well pigmented. It blends well, and lasts most of the day (nothing lasts all day on me as I have very dry skin).

Because it is such a hard little mound of blush, I think it will last forever. However, this is a double edged sword for me, as the rubbish cheap packaging means it will be sitting on my counter indefinitely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this blush for days i wanted a natural flush on my NC42 skin. But it seems like i am too dark for this color to show up on my skin. No wonder how much i swirl and dip the brush in the pot, it doesnt pick the color (I use MAC brushes) and hence i dont see anything at all whatsoever on my cheeks. I wish i could return it because this is no use to me. Sticking with my MAC blush for now.

The scent was SO strong it gave me a headache - although the color is quite nice, I don't reach for it often at all because of the strong fragrance. Just TOO much! The case is a little hard to open - I often have trouble prying it apart... Will not repurchase this or any other Bourjois blush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

While I agree that this is a pretty rose color, I just *can't* get this to go on evenly so it never looks natural. It always looks splotchy or too much goes on. I don't care for this formula at all and find the product frustrating.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Packaging: 3
Buy again? No.

First off, let me map out what I expect my blushes to be and to do:
- shimmery or satin finish (I don't believe in matte blushes)
- preferably with a gold shimmer that acts as a subtle highlighter
- a "pinched cheeks" kind of colour (absolutely nothing deep or bright)
- reasonably pigmented, but no insane colour payoff (it's harder to go overboard that way)
- I don't really care much about the staying power; I like my blushes "worn in" so that they look more like I just came in from the cold than like freshly applied makeup

This blush ticks all these boxes (plus, it is smells really nice to me), and I'd happily give it full 5 lippies - BUT.
Unfortunately, this product has a sad tendency to go funny in the pan. I don't know if it's the oily residue from the brush, or oxidisation, but after a few uses a strange film forms on the surface of the blush that makes it very difficult to pick up the perfectly fine pigment that lies underneath. The problem is easily solved by scratching off the topmost layer (I find that using a tissue works best), but it's a bit of a nuisance to do that three times a week, and, what's more, the fresh layer of product has too much colour payoff for my liking.

As I said, I'd give this product 5 lippies if it weren't for this little triviality, but I'll only give it 3,5. That being said, I think the packaging is really cute (although it's a bit too small for my brushes, and the gold characters rub off after a while), and the product itself is beautiful; great for beginners. (Tip: Throw out the little brush that comes with it, and use a proper blush brush; it makes all the difference in the world.)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Rose de Jaspe 95 is a peachy rose that adds a natural flush to cheeks. Its warm toned with cool silver shimmer. The shimmer isn't loud like Nars Super Orgasm, it blends out nicely to a healthy shimmer-sheen. Good pigmentation. Actually, I think its a close dupe for Benefit Rockateur :)

PROS:
- Blends well
- Pretty Floral scent
- Paraben Free
- Small and compact doesn't take up much room in your makeup bag or for storage
- Has a mirror for travel and on the go application
- Color coded packaging makes it quick to find the shade you want in the morning
- Bourjois put out super cute limited edition packaging quite often to spice it up

CONS:
- Most shades are pigmented but there are a few disappointments that have a lot of shimmer and not much pigment
- Lasting power is average - around 6 - 8 hours
- Some people say a few develop a hardened surface every once in a while and then its harder to pick up color. I wouldn't worry ahead of time - it hasn't happened to me yet and I have 4 that I've had for 18 months now. If it did the fix is easy....just to scrape off a layer of the surface with a nail file, or an old clean mascara wand, or and old toothbrush :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Nice color, though its not very natural. Good product, but nothing special about it...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Great color selection from bourjois including this one. A flattering dusty rose color with a very fine silvery sheen for my fair-light olive south Asian skin tone. The color mimics my natural flushed color, also has a slightly cold weather mood to it. Love it paired with simple black eyeliner for a simple elegant look.