Bourjois Little Round Pot - Rose de Jaspe 95

4.1

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID

I bought bought this in a drugstore for 3 when I was thirteen, and despite owning blushes now from MAC, Sephora, MakeUp For Ever, Benefit and others, I still come back to this NEVERENDING blush five years on for everyday colour. It's a wonderful, natural colour, a dusty peachy-pink, which applies and blends well for a long lasting 8 - 9 hour wear. The upside? Aside from the wonderful colour, texture, wearing quality and value, THE SMELL. SWEET JESUS. IT'S SOOOOO GOOD. I don't know what it is.... But it just smells like sea and sand and holidays and sun cream and fruit and coconut and Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner. It's beautiful. I love this product. The only downside is the brush that comes with. I mean, really Bourjois? If they'd stuck a banana in there it would have been more useful. Just throw the brushy-thing away and enjoy.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

*PIC* Oh my! what a fabulous blush! I love it! I wore it today for the first time and adore it! It is such a prettyyyyyy pink with a gorgeous sheen! It's not too light or dark, just right! Instantly gave me a gorgeous flush and luminous cheeks! and so well pigmented, no need to pile it on,(you'd think i'd listen to myself! lol, i have a tendency to over do blush! lol) it just glides on easily. A fantastic blush! Yay!

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love, love, love this blush. It's the one I wear almost every day and when I run out I will definitely buy it again.

It's a warm pink with subtle shimmer. It's not glittery, it gives a 'lit from within' glow so beautiful that you probably won't need highlighter.

The only negative about this blush is that eventually it gets a bit harder to pick up anything on the brush, so occasionally I need to give it a scrape with a cotton bud just to loosen the powder. Otherwise, this is a must-have for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Fair to good blush on the very very pale. Slightly too pink on me; I find a warmer peachy-pink better. This isn't unusable, though.

I've recently been adventuring for the first time into the dark regions of blush. This is scary for a pale blue person. I thought I could never pull off any blush, ever, and was condemned to looking like death year-round.

95 Rose de Jaspe is one of two I finally bought (the other is 35 Lune d'or). Thanks to advice from Satinette and Georgiasweety on the Boards for pointing me towards this one! Rose Jaspe is one of the lightest Bourjois blushes: pale rose-pink. It's a dusky rose - so with a little more beige-brown in the mix; a little glittery, but not nearly as much as the "d'or" series; easy to apply a faint wash that just makes you look very slightly flushed. As Jojoba points out in her review, Rose de Jaspe is very close to Chanel's Joues Contraste 99 Rose Ptale.

It's more peachy than the other paler Bourjois blushes, so works well on the pale blue of hue. Anything with more blue-violet in it brings out my natural blueness; so the more "pure" pinks, like the otherwise beautiful Rose d'or and Lilas d'or, came out a bit artificial-looking on me. Going the other way, anything with too much coral/rust (Rose coup de foudre, Tomette, Brun poudr) comes out orange. My favourite remains Lune d'or for an everyday rapid blush - Rose de Jaspe is a close second as it's less immediately easy to work with and effective, it has more colour and less glitteriness, maybe more appropriate for meetings? I'm still playing around with these, anyway.

Bourjois blushes are lovely little pots of joy; beautiful packaging, matching the colour inside. The mini mirror inside is useful, the fitted teeny brush is not. The contents are domed, and baked. Quite hard, but work fine with a blusher brush: good results here with the Bourjois dinky stubby bronzer brush or The Body Shop's retractable blusher brush (soft, synthetic, lovely). As others have noted, this blush can be hard to pick up as it's dry-baked: easily solved by scraping the top gently with a dry toothbrush.

This is perfumed: the classic Bourjois scent: rose, vanilla, peach, violet flower, maybe some lily of the valley. Love it or hate it (I love it, and am highly allergic to many smells - but this scent is happily nostalgic for me).

Nice and cheap here in Europe (around EUR 10.00). Not tested on animals. No irritations on this otherwise rather irritable skin.

I'd buy this again - though it looks like it'll last a long time - but not as good as Nars Orgasm or its dupes, as quite the most extraordinary and life-changing gently flushing blush. Mmmm... continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful nuance, so silky and smooth, it gives instant freshness and radiance to skin. It has a pretty lasting power, no break-out, no iritations. The packaging is so cute, I always have it in my purse for little touch ups during long day.
The only thing I can say it's not so perfect is the fact that I need to swirl my brush more to get some color on cheeks, it a little to hard. However, it is better to apply it gradually then to apply it once and look like a clown:-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Rose de Jaspe 95 is a peachy rose that adds a natural flush to cheeks. Its warm toned with cool silver shimmer. The shimmer isn't loud like Nars Super Orgasm, it blends out nicely to a healthy shimmer-sheen. Good pigmentation. Actually, I think its a close dupe for Benefit Rockateur :)

PROS:
- Blends well
- Pretty Floral scent
- Paraben Free
- Small and compact doesn't take up much room in your makeup bag or for storage
- Has a mirror for travel and on the go application
- Color coded packaging makes it quick to find the shade you want in the morning
- Bourjois put out super cute limited edition packaging quite often to spice it up

CONS:
- Most shades are pigmented but there are a few disappointments that have a lot of shimmer and not much pigment
- Lasting power is average - around 6 - 8 hours
- Some people say a few develop a hardened surface every once in a while and then its harder to pick up color. I wouldn't worry ahead of time - it hasn't happened to me yet and I have 4 that I've had for 18 months now. If it did the fix is easy....just to scrape off a layer of the surface with a nail file, or an old clean mascara wand, or and old toothbrush :)

I don't know why but I've always wanted to own a Bourjois pot blush. I always loved the packaging and the cuteness of it, and it made me feel girly ( I was a tomboy).

I'm relatively new to makeup and usually borrow whatever my mother or friend has, and when it came to buying my own blush, I beelined directly to the Bourjois pot ones.
It was a struggle deciding between Rose de Jaspe and Rose D'or because they're very similar colours, but I ended up with Rose de Jaspe.

Packaging:
I love the small size as it's easy to carry around. I got one with a dysfunctional button but that's not too much of an issue. The little mirror inside is very handy for me as I don't have any other mirror in my bag.

Application:
I think the shade is great for my skin.( I'm either pale and dead looking or slightly yellowish with discoloration due to acne scars and I do get red easily for whatever reason.) I can only describe this shade as a rosy pink with golden shimmer and looks very natural on me.
I love that it's easy to manage as well.
It's buildable, and if there's excess, it's easy to brush off.
A lot of the powder comes out on the brush and I can only see that when I slightly tap it.
The little brush that comes with it

Plus the smell of the powder is amazing. I don't really know how to describe the scent but it's a comforting scent and gets me excited to use the blush (If that makes any sense?)

I have a feeling this pot will last me a very long time although I use it daily, and I would definitely repurchase this. I think I'll buy the Rose D'or pot to compare it and see if there's any difference

Rose De Jaspe is a complicated rosy pink with some silvery shimmer in it. It looks a little pale in the pan because of those shimmers, but more rosy on skin. The shimmer is quite unnoticeable on my cheek and doesn't draw attention to my pores at all. It works for my medium asian complexion, actually I think this color will suit every skin tone (who doesn't love rosy cheeks!) with the shimmer giving a little bit highlight effect. Something about the package, a lot of people don't like the package. It's fine with me, since I never rely on the mirror and brush coming with any blush. I just use my large synthetic brush to swirl on the surface and get a pretty decent amount of pigment. The package is tiny and lovely, very easy to carry around, but the clasp and the hinge doesn't seem very steady as a lot of girls already mentioned, so just be careful not to drop it on any hard surface. The full price is around $14, not too bad, a little pricy considering such a small amount of product, 0.08oz (2.5g), but then again it's quite pigmented, so this little baby should be able to last me for more than one year, plus smaller package is better than to pay thirty bucks for a huge amount of blush and then get bored before going through half of it.
Since some people mentioned the surface got harden after being used a while, well, I never have problem with that. Guess the trick is my synthetic brush, which has dense bristles harder than natural animal hair, and I'm always heavy-handed when applying blush.
It has a vintage type of scent, kind of funny and unnecessary for a blush, but I'm not bothered at all. It's actually quite soothing as it reminds me of something my mom and aunts used in the old days. And yes I'll definitely buy it again, probably another shade. Bourjors blush has so many gorgeous and unique colors, I'm looking forward to having more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This color works for me. I was actually hoping for a true rose, but it is peachy pink. A Nar's orgasm color on me. But better, because it does not look as powdery. And has the softest shimmer. Long lasting and at the clerance price at Sephora, couldn't go wrong.

My eyes were on this blush for a long time! Such a cute packaging, natural shimmery pinkish peach shade doesn't make me look like a clown and makes my face glow and blends nicely with my medium skin. I like the floral powdery scent it's gorgeous. I'm impressed with the quality of it, i thought because the pots are small they don't contain enough product, i figured out that it does last for a long time, I bought it a year ago and it seems like i didn't consume the half of the product yet! ( I use it pretty much everyday).
However it's hard to get the adequate amount of product for the first couple of uses, maybe because it's a baked blush the surface is hard as well as brush is meh.