4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This is my first brush from NARS (note that the company changed the design and numbering of their brushes, now this brush is no 46) and I am very happy with it - I was waiting to buy it for quite a while but in the end I decided to take the plunge and fork out £24 to be able to do tightlining with it much more easily than with my Eco Cosmetics brush (which is very similar in size only has slightly softer bristles - maybe ladies who were complaining about stiffness of this brush should look into the EC one?) or even the famous Laura Mercier's one. The only thing that I can complain about is the length of the handle - yup, it should have been much shorter as the closer you get to the mirror the more you are risking poking yourself in the eye. But if one manages to stay distance aware, this brush makes tightlining a breeze. The bristles are stiff enough to be easily able to wriggle it between the eyelashes. I have never actually used it for tracing eyeliner on top of my eyelashes, I am using an Ingot brush for that, so I cannot say how well this would work. It cleans easily with Dr Bronner's soap and so far after washing it numerous times (I do it after every eyeliner application and so far I've been using it pretty much every day) it is still pristine white and in a very good condition.

About reviewer (218 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

This is best push brush on the market! It makes using gel liners a no brainer and is something you should begin with if you are just begining to use them. Mine is over ten years old and have just bought a back up. I have others that are the same shape, but had much harsher bristles on the eyes so in the garbage they went. Every brand is known for doing some things really well, no brand does it all perfectly. This brush is perfection.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 years ago

Every person who wears make up should own one of these. changed the way i approach, buy and use eye-liner.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

10 years ago

Let me start off by saying I really, REALLY love this brush. I do. There are a few problems with it, but lets start with the positive. I love how easy it is to 'stamp' some black eyeshadow into my lashline with this brush. It adds a nice, subtle definition that isn't too sharp. It works great for lining the bottom of the eye as well. Takes two seconds to do, has great impact, and is basically fool-proof. The cons are: white bristles that never seem to get completely clean, after a few washes the ends seem to splay a bit and fluff up, and my ferrule came loose from the handle within 6 months (even with careful washing. I superglued it back on). The splaying and fluffing isn't really a big deal for me, but I know those looking for precision might not be so keen. I don't use it with my fluidlines/gel liners so I can't comment on that. I haven't found a brush I like more for lining with eyeshadow.

About reviewer (234 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

11 years ago

Love this brush. I first saw it when I got my makeup done by a Nars makeup artist and loved how she used it to line my eyes. I bought a similar brush by Sonia Kashuk at Target, but was not as happy with the results. I thought I'd just not had the experience to use it the way the makeup artist did, but when I bought the actual Nars version it went on perfectly. Such a difference a brush makes! Excellent brush, now I live lining my eyes!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Olive

11 years ago

Hands down, this is my favorite eyeliner brush. I've had this brush for about 3 years and I use it every day to apply my MAC Fluidline. It creates a perfect line with just the right thickness. I much prefer this brush over my MAC 212 brush, which creates a much thinner line and is a little trickier to use.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2.0
from

11 years ago

This was great to use when new as it gives super fine lines and great control. I find the brush handle too long because I angle it 90 degrees to line my eyes where it inevitably bangs into the mirror if I get too close. I liked the classy design and the contrast between black handle and white bristles. I didn't like how hard it was to clean gel liner off it with regular shampoo. I ended up using oil-based makeup remover (DHC) to clean it. And I had to clean it every time I used it. What I really didn't like was how after just a year of use (and I used it maybe once a week), the bristles split and fluffed, so bye-bye fine lines. The NARS counter couldn't help with it, so bye-bye brush and bye-bye NARS products.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

1.0

11 years ago

This brush just didn't work for me. I find it so hard that the BB gel eyeliner I bought in 2005 dried out due to lack of use. I also find it impossible to clean. It takes 3 washes before it is cleaned up and then the tip fluffs up. So my experience has been similar to others who have given this a poor rating. I am thinking of wearing eyeliner again and I am dreading the idea of using this brush again. In light of all the positive reviews I will give this brush another go and if I change my mind I will update this review.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I was surprised to see the low rating of this product. To me this is absolutely the best brush to tight line. It's like almost impossible to make a thick line with this brush. My only gripe about this brush is that the handle and sometimes it hits the mirror when I'm trying to get closer to the mirror. Japonesque has a similar brush but the bristle is much much much more stiff. I hated that brush but I know some people like a stiffer brush.

About reviewer (72 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

3.0

12 years ago

This brush is just ok. I hate that the white bristles show everything. I found no matter how i cleaned this brush, it loosened up a lot and splayed. I prefer the Stila push liner brush by far.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure