MILANI Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette

MILANI Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette

4.6

Not tested on animals

I picked up this palette the other day at Walmart and tried it out today. (It was only $15 compared to $20 on Milani's site) The shadows are so pigmented!!! A little bit really goes a long way with these. I don't like wearing shimmers on my eyes all the time, so this palette is a must have for those that like mattes. I did a video using the shades which I will link below. There's a row of brown neutral shades, a row of cool-toned purple/plum shades, and a row of warm orangey shades. I love how they broke up the 12 shades into 3 easy to do looks. I highly recommend it!

on 7/5/2018 12:20:00 AM

I bought both of the palette and I love them both. I like the natural palette better then my stila “Eyes are the window” palette. Even the packaging is better in my opinion. The Milani packaging lists not only the names of all the shadows, but gives each vertical row a label. They are calling them “curated looks”. The shadows have great pigment and are a great texture. I really didn’t have trouble blending them out. I highly recommend both of the palettes, but if I have choose between them, I would pick the Bold Obsessions palette.

on 6/4/2018 10:47:00 AM

Ordered both the Most Loved Mattes and Bold Obsessions from Milani after I heard so many You Tubers rave about them. I like matte shadows and this one is pretty good. A lot of fall out but I don't really care about that, I just tap my brush off. The colours are versatile (both warm and cool tones) and very nice in the pans, but I find mauve-y colours look quite a bit different on my eyes for some reason. My eyelids are oily and these will crease if I don't use a good primer, but that's no problem (the Milani eyeshadow primer is awesome). They blend well and the packaging is gorgeous, if that is important to you. I definitely recommend this for the money, it's a good value.

on 4/10/2018 12:11:00 PM

Love, love, love this pallette. All of the colos are matte. I find that I use mattes the most , so for me the shimmers are a waste of money. The colors are nicely pigmented and very minimal fall out. The best thing is the price. I can spread my dollar further and buy other pallets from Milani.

on 2/23/2018 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I purchased both Milani Eyeshadow palettes but this review is for the Most Loved Mattes.

After watching a few reviews, I found a video from a Youtuber I find rather trustworthy. She indicated that these are the best drugstore eyeshadow palettes she had ever used so I ran to Walmart to purchase it. I paid $14.97 + tax.

The color story is really nice. Included are 12 very complementary colors in both warm and cool tones that are comprehensive enough to create multiple looks just using this palette alone. The inclusion of a full sized mirror is a wonderful addition. The matte eyeshadow formula is decent. I am spoiled for mattes due to the fact that I have several Viseart matte shadow palettes. In my opinion, Viseart mattes are the best matte shadows I have ever used. Milani has a bit of powdery kick up but I typically don't care about that in shadows at all since I tap of my brush as a matter of practice with any shadows I use.

For those that have access to drugstores, this is a decent option. If you use higher-end products or have a variety of matte shadows in your collection - you may not need this palette. The quality is satisfactory. I wish I loved it as much as other people seem to.

Really nice product for the price
Will definitely be trying more products from this manufacturer

on 1/31/2018 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price $20.00 Milani website

EDITED: 2/27/18-Comparing a 14.99 drugstore palette to an $80.00 Viseart, Tom Ford or Natasha Denona is silly. I like my Viseart matte palette but I think it has too many dark shades that I never use. I use and like every single shade in this. Also not everyone has $160.00 to buy the 2 Viseart matte palettes. This is an excellent quality palette, even if it were sold at Sephora, I think it is right up there with the many plaettes sold at Sephora. Go watch You tube reviews, there are lots of them now.

I ordered both new palettes. This one and the Bold Obsessions. I was going to wait until they hit the drugstores and hope that I could catch them at a better price, but I really wanted to try these because they look so much like the Stila palettes which I do love.

Granted, $20.00 isn't cheap for a drugstore brand but the Stila palettes are $49.00( I have a couple of them) and honestly the quality of these shadows is almost identical to the Stila. The packaging is thin, gold and black with a nice mirror and it looks very nice. I'm pretty sure Milani had the Stila palettes in mind when they made these. The colors remind me of ones in the Two Faced Just Peachy mattes and the Stila Eyes Are The Window- Mind palette. It's laid out very well. I've gone right down each row and the colors blend so well together. Then I skipped around and they all blend nicely and compliment each other. Very impressed with the quality and colors.

My one complaint is that I wish it had a black to use as liner. The Bold Obsessions has a gorgeous deep black. I can use the darker ones in this one but I would prefer a darker color.than 'chocolate is life' or 'don't raisin your voice', but they work.

These shadows are really, really good, probably the best drugstore I have ever tried and better than some high end palettes. Well worth the $20.00. When they are more widely available if you don't want to pay the $20.00, try to catch them on sale if you can and try them or maybe ULTA will carry them so you can swatch them. I'm hoping to catch them on sale and save them for birthday and Christmas gifts this year. I'm that impressed with them. They are buttery, highly pigmented and blend like a dream. I've used every color in the palette and they are all good. A couple of the lighter shades aren't as creamy as the others and have a little more fallout, but minimal. Similar to ABH Modern Renaissance palette as far as pigment and fallout and some colors hae less fallout than some of the colors in the Stila & ABH MR palettes.

DESCRIPTION FROM WEBSITE:

MOST LOVED MATTES EYESHADOW PALETTE
For endless multidimensional looks, reach for our Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette. This compact features 12 full color matte eyeshadows that deliver maximum pigment payoff. From neutrals to alluring, deep hues, this expertly curated makeup essential includes 3 duos + 3 trios + 3 quads for a variety of fun and flirty, on-trend looks.

APPLICATION:
Shadows can be blended together or worn alone. First base eyes with Eyeshadow Primer, and then use the All-over Shadow Brush to apply the lightest shadow over your entire eyelid up to brow bone. Next, use the Crease Brush to apply a medium shade in the crease of your eye. Add depth and definition by using the Smudge Brush to apply a dark shade along lash line.
TIPS & TRICKS
Apply a matte shade closest to your skin tone all over eyelid - from lash line to brow bone to ensure all shadows applied on top blend seamlessly.

INGREDIENTS:
Slot 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,12: Talc, Mica (Ci 77019), Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Cetearyl Isononanoate Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Poloxamer 338, Silica. +/- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Carmine (Ci 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510)
Slot 11: Talc, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetearyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Tin Oxide, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Poloxamer 338, Silica. +/- May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Carmine (Ci 75470)
CRUELTY FREE