Maybelline New York New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

Maybelline New York New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara
New York Total Temptation Waterproof MascaraNew York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

3.8

on 10/4/2018 7:12:00 PM

It irritated my eyes and weighed my lashes way down. My eyes watered and burned for the whole day I wore it. Will not be repurchasing.

on 9/22/2018 1:56:00 PM

Definitely waterproof and stays on, I found it works better as a second layer over another mascara and it’s not great for length or grabbing each lash and seperating! Good for thickness and dark black colour however but does not make lashes appear long! When used over a non waterproof mascara with a comb brush it acts as a non budge waterproof mascara and stays on even if slept in 🙈

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I actually love the coconut-vanilla smell of this! I grabbed the waterproof since I have oily lids that make most normal mascara smudge.

I've used this for about four months, and while it IS drier now, I wouldn't mind buying it again. It makes my lashes look feathery AND fuller, two things I love. It's a bit on the natural side more than the falsies side, but that's okay with me. It doesn't seem to smudge or flake either. I've had more clumps now that the formula is older, so I'll either get a new one soon or experiment with others. Oh, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I don't even feel this on my lashes during the day, so it's a good option for avoiding heaviness :)

Update: boosted this from 4 to 5 stars after trying Maybelline Volum' Express Colossal and getting smudges. Total Temptation is my HG for now since it doesn't smudge on me at unless I wipe my eyes during the day, it lasts, it gives my lashes that full and long look while never looking spidery (AND they're separated nicely). I avoid clumps by just replacing this mascara every three to four months.

on 8/28/2018 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I hated this when I first bought it. In fact, after about a week’s usage, I wrote a scathing review and nearly threw it straight in the bin. The formula was too wet, the fragrance was too strong and it irritated my eyes. Meanwhile, We have just moved house and while I am waiting for the truck with all our stuff to arrive I discovered that I have accidentally packed this mascara in my travel bag it instead of my regular one, and it has thickened up a little bit. It no longer feels like napalm on my eyeballs and my friends have started asking if I have had eyelash extensions! (No way am I sitting still for that long with my eyes shut!) Maybelline... I take it back. This stuff is great - after it’s been opened for about a month.

on 8/2/2018 3:20:00 PM

Decent waterproof mascara - easy to apply, compact enough packaging, straight forward brush, lashes turn out nicely defined and curved. But it smears. And it is a pain to remove. I'm not that happy about spending so much effort removing mascara when it smears!

However, it is one of the least smearing mascaras I've found, and I do like the packaging. So I might repurchase unless something better comes along.

on 7/7/2018 10:55:00 PM

This mascara is really good. It make my eyelashes look curlier, thicker and longer naturally.

on 5/3/2018 11:17:00 PM

THIS COMMENT WAS ERASER 2 TIMES FROM MAYBELLINE'S WEBSITE, BE CAREFUL:". Why did you erase my last review?
I wrote this a couple of days ago, with a 1 star rating: "Irritates the eyes I would have love this if it didn't have the coconut scent. Why would you put fragrance on an eye product??? I can't wear it without getting my eyes red and watery. Please take the scent off!" and you responded this: "Hello! We are sorry to hear that you had a sensitivity to this product. We take this very seriously and would like to help! Please give us a call at 800-944-0730 and provide reference #04469692. We look forward to assisting you." First of, you erase my review that was already revised and uploaded. Second, you can see the country I'm writing from, Perú, so you know I can't "call at 800-944-0730" as you suggested for assistance. So you just want to nobody read that it IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR SENSITIVE EYES. Good work Maybelline."

This is a really good mascara. It is definitely waterproof and stays put on me, and I tend to get smudging on a lot of mascaras. The brush is big but not unwieldy. Packaging is sturdy.

My one complaint is that it seems to have gotten dry kind of quickly. It was great when fresh though. I'm hitting the 2 month mark on it and not sure if it will last too much longer, but it's not expensive so I'm not too bothered.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really enjoyed this the first time I used it and it lasted that entire day, giving me great optimism. There are very, very few mascaras that don't smear on me (I’m basically limited to tubing mascara, but hope springs eternal) and, indeed, on the second wear I had raccoon eyes.

It was really disappointing because this was a pretty fantastic mascara otherwise. The aqua and black tube is adorable, the handle feels nice and well controlled in your hand, and the brush and formula were just pillowy. I loved it. Further, it gave me those "clumpy vavoom" lashes - pretty huge but if you were really close, they were a little clumpy (if I were a more patient makeup applier I think they would have combed out nicely, but move fast.) And it smelled of coconut, which was a nice surprise. A good mascara, just not for my eyes (I am beginning to wonder if my tears are just oil based, honestly.)

I was surprised with this oroiduct: I feel like I have control of the wand. it makes my lashes look great & it doesn't irritate my eyes!