Maybelline New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

Maybelline New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara
New York Total Temptation Waterproof MascaraNew York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

3.9

on 5/3/2018 11:17:00 PM

THIS COMMENT WAS ERASER 2 TIMES FROM MAYBELLINE'S WEBSITE, BE CAREFUL:". Why did you erase my last review?
I wrote this a couple of days ago, with a 1 star rating: "Irritates the eyes I would have love this if it didn't have the coconut scent. Why would you put fragrance on an eye product??? I can't wear it without getting my eyes red and watery. Please take the scent off!" and you responded this: "Hello! We are sorry to hear that you had a sensitivity to this product. We take this very seriously and would like to help! Please give us a call at 800-944-0730 and provide reference #04469692. We look forward to assisting you." First of, you erase my review that was already revised and uploaded. Second, you can see the country I'm writing from, Perú, so you know I can't "call at 800-944-0730" as you suggested for assistance. So you just want to nobody read that it IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR SENSITIVE EYES. Good work Maybelline."

This is a really good mascara. It is definitely waterproof and stays put on me, and I tend to get smudging on a lot of mascaras. The brush is big but not unwieldy. Packaging is sturdy.

My one complaint is that it seems to have gotten dry kind of quickly. It was great when fresh though. I'm hitting the 2 month mark on it and not sure if it will last too much longer, but it's not expensive so I'm not too bothered.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I really enjoyed this the first time I used it and it lasted that entire day, giving me great optimism. There are very, very few mascaras that don't smear on me (I’m basically limited to tubing mascara, but hope springs eternal) and, indeed, on the second wear I had raccoon eyes.

It was really disappointing because this was a pretty fantastic mascara otherwise. The aqua and black tube is adorable, the handle feels nice and well controlled in your hand, and the brush and formula were just pillowy. I loved it. Further, it gave me those "clumpy vavoom" lashes - pretty huge but if you were really close, they were a little clumpy (if I were a more patient makeup applier I think they would have combed out nicely, but move fast.) And it smelled of coconut, which was a nice surprise. A good mascara, just not for my eyes (I am beginning to wonder if my tears are just oil based, honestly.)

I was surprised with this oroiduct: I feel like I have control of the wand. it makes my lashes look great & it doesn't irritate my eyes!

on 3/14/2018 9:16:00 PM

This is what Better Than Sex should be. Goes on and stays on. Gives a better than false eyelashes look.

on 3/11/2018 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not happy with this mascara at all! I have always tried everything that comes out, and have worn many Maybelline mascaras I keep going back to my old favorite, Full and Soft waterproof. My lashes look full and they ARE soft. This junk is clumpy, even after wiping the wand and look awful. I'm 61, so I know how to apply mascara. I had high hopes because of the coconut oil, but no thanks. It's going back tomorrow. I gave it four tries, that's enough for me. It also flakes off in big chunks. Hate it!!!

on 3/8/2018 10:27:00 PM

This irritates the crap out of my eyes. First time I used it I was blurry eyed and half blind, but I thought it was a fluke and possibly caused by some other product (skincare or concealer perhaps) getting into my eyes. I do wear contact so I have to be careful about getting anything near my lenses....BUT...I am able to wear most other mascaras with no problem whatsoever. I wear mascara every day. I have tried MANY and am rotating through about 5 different ones at the moment. I use waterproof mascara on rainy/snowy days...normally not a problem. But THIS mascara, I've tried about 4-5 times in the last two weeks and EVERY time my eyes bother me the entire damn day, as if I have something in my eyes, even though this did not flake on me. Flakes irritating my eyes I could understand...but there's something different about this particular mascara that has made it impossible for me to continue using. Is it the coconut extract or whatever? Is it the scent? I don't know for sure but I wouldn't recommend this to any one with sensitive eyes or fellow contact lens wearers. For the rest of you who can wear this mascara...performance wise I rate this as average/good enough/same ol' same ol'. Nice seperation, gives kind of a fluffy looking lash

on 2/28/2018 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love how my lashes are not crunchy after a couple of coats. I think most people are using this mascara (non wp) the wrong way. You are not supposed to let it dry between coats. To me it is my new HG.

on 2/15/2018 7:28:00 AM

I'm stocking up on this fantastic waterproof mascara!!! 5 stars all the way.Volume,Length,no smudges,no flaking.Honestly I'm shocked by how good this is.No lie.My lashes look amazing.
I tried a few high end mascaras lately and none of them measured up to this mascara.
Thanks Maybelline!

Actual rating 3.5.

On me, this is a good basic waterproof mascara - great staying power, but unless I do 3+ coats, I get a very natural look which is not what I want - I want very full, lush looking lashes and it takes 3 coats to get me there. So, I won't re-purchase, but its not a bad mascara, just doesn't WOW me.