Maybelline New York New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline New York New York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara
New York Total Temptation Waterproof MascaraNew York Total Temptation Waterproof Mascara

4.5

on 8/28/2018 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I hated this when I first bought it. In fact, after about a week’s usage, I wrote a scathing review and nearly threw it straight in the bin. The formula was too wet, the fragrance was too strong and it irritated my eyes. Meanwhile, We have just moved house and while I am waiting for the truck with all our stuff to arrive I discovered that I have accidentally packed this mascara in my travel bag it instead of my regular one, and it has thickened up a little bit. It no longer feels like napalm on my eyeballs and my friends have started asking if I have had eyelash extensions! (No way am I sitting still for that long with my eyes shut!) Maybelline... I take it back. This stuff is great - after it’s been opened for about a month.

on 3/14/2018 9:16:00 PM

This is what Better Than Sex should be. Goes on and stays on. Gives a better than false eyelashes look.

Actual rating 3.5.

On me, this is a good basic waterproof mascara - great staying power, but unless I do 3+ coats, I get a very natural look which is not what I want - I want very full, lush looking lashes and it takes 3 coats to get me there. So, I won't re-purchase, but its not a bad mascara, just doesn't WOW me.

on 1/27/2018 2:18:00 PM

Update Feb. 27, 2018: Upping this to 5 lippies. It's my go to mascara and that's saying a lot considering how many high-end and drugstore tubes of waterproof mascara I have on the go at any one time. I wear quite a lot of mascara because my lashes are long and it's now starting to go a bit dry probably because it's starting to empty out after using it almost every day straight for a month. Excellent mascara and a good price.

Original review:
I have to wear waterproof mascara because my lashes are very long but downward pointing so I have to curl them a lot. This is mascara holds my curl well which is surprising because it's quite a wet formula. The brush is fantastic....the same all around. I hate fancy wands where I have to watch how I hold them. I don't get much clumping, no smudging and no flaking. It is better than my usual go-to drugstore mascara, Voluminous waterproof because its less thick and makes my lashes build up to where I want them much more quickly. It is also surprisingly more easy to remove than most WP formulas. I don't know how waterproof it is because I don't swim and I haven't had a good cry in it. It is not holy grail like my discontinued UD Cannonball but I would repurchase this for sure.