Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer

Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/20/2018 8:31:00 AM

This isn't a concealer you'd want to use for the undereye area if you're really dry. It takes some work to smooth out ( ill use a BB and my fingers). Some days when my skin is dryer than usual, I can't make it work. The coverage is great, and the shade Light Warm matches me best though its a tad yellow. My skintone is around NC 20, and I use the shade 2.5 for the All Nighter foundation. I would repurchase if I ran out or lost it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Tried a sample of this in the shade light warm (got it from either a Sephora order or shoppers drug mart order). Coverage was decent and light warm was better for my under eye than the rest of the face (I am usually NC20). Pretty happy with this concealer, the only thing is that it’s not that long wearing in the sense that it still cracked around my nose by the end of they day (I had it on for about 7 hours). This is normal though as I haven’t actually found a concealer that won’t do this. But given the price I probably won’t repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Pros:
lasts all day (including snorkeling and gym workouts), I also have a bad habit of touching my oily skin, but the concealer doesn't budge
very full coverage, covers all my acne and redness
Cons:
Oxidises a lot, I bought a shade that matched in store, but by the time I returned home it was a lot darker than my foundation, so I exchanged for the lighter shade which is a bit too light for me now, so make sure to swatch it and keep for a couple of hours before buying.
is very drying, not good as an under eye concealer
can be hard to blend out

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Stay away from this concealer if you have dry skin or a dry undereye. It could be a good concealer because the longevity is great, but just cannot work on dry skin.

on 3/15/2018 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First off, I really wanted this to work, especially after hearing a couple of youtubers compare to Shape Tape’s caliber. First off, the packaging: I actually really like UD’s packaging. The silver tube with the carved side design looks and feels luxurious. Meanwhile the quantity and applicator are fairly standard – not bad but nothing remarkeable. I bought the shade in Medium since my skin is best described as tanned olive. I’m of Indian descent but I’m a bit lighter than my Indian friends and often get mistaken for either Spanish or Portuguese. That being said, the Medium shade was absolutely perfect for my undereyes. In fact, the shade is where UD beats Tarte, because I also own the Medium from Shape Tape and while it covers well, it looks ashy, especially in pictures. My biggest gripe with the UD All Nighter is the time it takes to blend it out. The formula is very, very thick and you need to blend it right away or else it will dry on you. Meanwhile, the amount applied really depends on the tool I’m using. My favorite is the Sephora Concealer Brush #57. It works great at blending quickly and efficiently. With the UD however, I need to dab on the tiniest amount at a time and blend it out before adding some more for another layer. If I dab on more than just a bit at a time, the thicker layer crepes up by noon and seriously makes my undereyes look wrinkly AF. So with my brush, it’s all about the thin layers and taking my time. The other alternative is to use a wet sponge. I use the RT sponge and I do find that I can dab on a bit more product at a time then when I use my brush. The sponge blends it out well and it covers my dark circle well enough. All this to say, that’s a lot of time spent blending on a morning when I’m in a hurry. And even when I follow my steps of light layering properly, I do find that the thickness of the formula leaves a bit of patchiness that becomes evident over the course of the day. It’s not crazy noticeable but I feel like it someone focused on my undereyes in bright light, they would see it. So in the end, great color, great coverage but God I wish I had this shade in the Shape Tape formula! Update: I finally found a great use for this concealer. I'm using it down the bridge of my nose to conceal my pores and the occasional blemish and to highlight as well. Since my nose gets oily at record speed and breaks apart most foundations and concealers (even when it's primed and set), I figured I'd give the UD a go, due to its aforementioned thick and dry formula. Turns out, it's tough enough to withstand the oil on my nose for a lot longer than any other product. AND it conceals pores, zits or any other grossness creeping about my skin!

Love it. Works great especially if you use corrector color for your skin tone before. Using both really covered my dark circles. Little expensive if you buy at store but I found it on Ebay and I bought both for the cost of what I would have had to pay for one at the store.

on 3/2/2018 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I was hoping for this to become my new HG. Unfortunately it just sits on my skin weird after a while.
I tried setting it, the then I just let it dry with no powder but I still get extreme dryness under my eyes. It also breaks up after a while in a very unattractive way.
Too bad. The coverage is amazing.

Oh and one more thing. Good range of colors but there is a big jump between Fair Warm and Light Warm and I had to buy both to get the right shade (NC15).

on 3/2/2018 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This lives up to its claims: it is the BEST coverage I have ever tried and it stays on! My dark circles are quite prominent and this covers them up completely. However I have dry skin so unfortunately this is not for me as it is very drying. I find it accentuates my wrinkles and dry skin (age 33). I tried some techniques to make it look less dry but didn’t work. So I will not repurchase but I still give it a 4/5 because I was blown away by the coverage. For people with oily/combination/normal skin, you will probably love this! Sadly it won’t work for my skin type :( I wish they had a version for us dry folks!

on 2/21/2018 4:25:00 PM

This is an amazing product, love their foundation already and now obsessed with concealer. it’s worth buying.concealer is thick but looks flawless even u wear it for a long hours, never crease and doesn’t look cakey or heavy.

on 2/15/2018 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is truly a full coverage concealer. It's quite similar to the Tarte Shape Tape, but with a better shade range and not as thick. When applying, you have to be really quick as it dries so fast. I usually apply in sections and blend out immediately with a beautyblender.
Once it's set, it stays on. I have oily/combo skin, and this does not crease at all. It stays put the entire day and doesn't move.

In terms of wearing this every day... I think it depends on your preference. If you're more into a sheerer coverage, then this might not be for you. It does a nice job of pulling the whole look together, though.

The shade range isn't bad - I have this in Dark Warm, which is a tad bit light and a tad too yellow. However the next one up (Deep Neutral) is a little too red and too dark.

I selected Yes for repurchase, but I'm not sure. I don't like this is much as NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer or MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. However, I do feel that it deserves the 5 lippies, because it lives to all the claims and more!

For reference, I am 450 in Fenty Beauty, Benares in NARS, Sandalwood in Becca, 4.3 in Smashbox, Deep Spice in Estëe Lauder, Shade 13 Sienne in Lancôme (UK).