L'Oreal Colour Riche Shine Lipstick

L'Oreal Colour Riche Shine Lipstick

I passed up on these for a while but I had really good experiences with the l'oreal colour riche lipsticks, lip liners, etc so I thought I'd give it a go. I don't know why I haven't heard more about these! I purchased the shade glossy fawn on a whim. It's just as it says, it's not a lipstick but not a gloss, it's a a decently pigmented shine. It's a gorgeous more pink beige. The formula is creamy and lightly hydrating but doesn't run away (I'm looking at you Bite). I can wear it with glam or no makeup and it always works. I'm so glad I picked it up, will repurchase.

on 7/22/2018 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Purchased this in Splendid Blackberry. In the tube, the color looks incredibly dark, but this lipstick goes on fairly sheer and even as a fair skinned brunette, I can easily pull this shade off and can see this particular color being used often in the Fall/Winter months. In many aspects, this reminds me of Clinique's Almost Lipstick in the shade Black Honey except the L'Oreal runs about $8-$9 compared to $17 for the Clinque.

Formula is very creamy and moisturizing. L'Oreal did a nice job with the packaging on this one - it looks a little more fancy than your typical drugstore lipstick. Only complaint with this is because of the rounded shape of the product instead of the typical lipstick form, it makes it a little bit harder to get at the area around the cupid's bow. It can be done, but it's just a tad harder although you can easily just apply this with a lip brush if you are afraid to mess up your lips. I'd try this again in some of the other colors next time the drugstore is having a sale on L'Oreal products.

on 7/4/2018 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I own this in the shades Burnished Blush and Varnished Rosewood. BB is an amazing nude-rose on my NC30 medium warm skin, VR is a slightly dark nude but I thought I'd give it a try for the price.

Love the colour payoff of these lipsticks, smooth coverage, not patchy, while still being super moisturising and making your lips look great and inviting! Amazing quality comparable to $28 and $38 lipsticks like Laura Mercier and Armani Ecstasy Shine, and I bought these for $8 each at Target.

Wear time: Varnished Rosewood sort of disappears from my lips after about 2 hours. And disappears immediately after putting my lips to a cup or eating anything.

Only thing I don't like is the packaging––the plastic looks tacky and more importantly, the cap fell off while in my makeup pouch so it made a little mess. But frankly for the price I'll just put them in a more snug pouch and keep buying these.

on 7/3/2018 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m so glad I discovered these! All of a sudden a bunch of YTers started talking about them and raving, and I agree 100%. I have the shades Sparkling Rose and Dazzling Doe, plus three more on their way from Ulta. I love the fragrance, texture, and soft tint of color. Not long-lasting, but I don’t mind. They’re a perfect summer lippie for very minimal makeup looks. Also the packaging is so pretty. This is a great product!

on 3/28/2018 11:58:00 PM

I have the shades Burnished Blush and Varnished Rosewood. BB is the perfect pink for spring, and VB is a great MLBB mauvey-nude color. They remind me of the much-missed Revlon Lip Butters. I got mine for 7.99 each at Target but elsewhere it is 9.99.

Pros: -Creamy and moisturizing
-Beautiful, buildable shades
-Gorgeous packaging makes them look luxurious
-Gives a beautiful, flattering shine, which is a nice break from the over-saturation of matte lip products on the market.
-They do not have that classic L'oreal lipstick smell, which I find nauseating. These have a slightly sweet but not overwhelming scent.

Cons: -They don't have good staying power, as expected from this formula. I suggest layering it with lip-liner.
-I'm not into the flat slanted bullet. Considering that this formula is pretty soft and creamy, I think a classic lipstick bullet would make application a bit neater, especially with the deeper colors.

Over all I think they are lovely but if you are looking for long-lasting, this is not it. I do recommend sticking with the lighter, more neutral shades in this formula since i feel the deep shades would be a pain in the butt to apply and maintain.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Passed by them while I was shopping at Target...Love the lipstick colors...
Shining Peach 910...Light Peach
Lacquered Strawberry 920...Pretty Strawberry
Dewey Petal 912...Light Baby Pink
Sparkling Rose 908...Light Rose
My lips are always dry & chapped & these lipsticks are creamy & make my lips look nice...L'Oreal Shine lipsticks come in lovely lipstick tubes...Love these Pretty Lipsticks!

on 3/22/2018 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have Burnished Rose and Scarlet Red
Beautiful package (LOVE). This is what made me buy them :)
It doesn't have the fragrance of the typical L'Oréal lipsticks -good for sensitive people (BUT I LOVE the fragrance in their lipsticks)
The two colors I purchased at nice but they are not anything new
Soft and creamy
Color in barrel is true on lips.
These are not shiny like a gloss.
They bleed. But I am not attributing this to the product; could be my age!. I would definitely suggest a clear lip liner or a matching lip liner before using these. I don't wear liners usually with other lipsticks
Average long lasting but I don't think L'Oréal is claiming extra wear or long lasting on these.

on 3/8/2018 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have Shining Peach and Varnished Rosewood on a bogo at Walgreens. I detected a faint burnt vanilla taste in both of them. Shining Peach is a very sheer nude on me, looking more like concealer. It is good for topping a dark lipstick. VR is what everybody here says what it is, MLBB but sheer. They don't last, about 15 minutes. IMHO? Overpriced tinted lip balm in a pretty package, which you are paying for the pretty packaging.

on 3/7/2018 8:44:00 AM

Purchased this in Varnished Rosewood.Little scent, no color payoff,just essentially a tinted lip balm.Cheesy packaging.

on 3/7/2018 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

First let me say that L'Oreal is one of my favorite drugstore lippys.
I purchased the Varnished Rose. The color is lovely, easy to wear and there is basically no scent. However, the price is too high for basically a lip moisturizer. There is no staying power, this is gone in 30 minutes, the color and the moisture. I will not rebuy. The old Colour Caress was the best, why do these companies keep changing their products?

Pros:
Beautiful packaging
Glossy finish
No real scent

Cons:
Crazy high price
No staying power