75%

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

On me, the shade varnished rose was my lips but worse. It showed up very cool-toned, almost bluish, on me. If you have a warm skin tone, this may make you look a bit dead. The color starts to fade immediately. The product didn’t feel very moisturizing. From reading makeupalley reviews, I have learned that perception of scent is truly individual. I experienced the both the scent and taste of this product to be strong and unpleasant in a sweet chemically way that threatened to set off my sinuses. I have no problem with the scent and taste of the color riche lipsticks. Almay Smart Shade lip butters (now sadly discontinued) were far better in every way for this type of lip product. And they were truly moisturizing. I returned this to Target.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

This is beautiful! I've Loved loreal for a long time. This is a great lipstick too. I usually buy the gold tubes ones and love them. This however is silver and a clear cap. I miss the mirror on the cap. But it's fine!! This is so pretty. It's not matte which I like. It's moisturizing and a little shine. Not huge...spot on though! This is a mauvey color. Very forgiving and neutral. Great for every day errands!

About reviewer (109 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I've not been happy with the current trends in lip products. At age 62, I have no desire to look like Kylie Jenner. I can't stand the look or feel of matte products. Metallic lips are out for me as well. As well, I'm quite fair (NW 15) with small, pale lips. For me, I find bright colours don't suit me (I find they are aging) and highly pigmented products don't look as good on me as products that are more sheer. I was so happy to discover this lipstick. The colour is a shade darker than my natural lip colour and it looks natural. It is somewhat sheer although it has more pigment than tinted lip balms. I love the feel of this lipstick, it is creamy and very comfortable to wear, not sticky or dry The finish is slightly shiny but still relatively natural looking. The packaging is quite nice. The only drawback like most lipsticks, it is that is lacks staying power and needs frequent reapplication (I can live with this.)

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I love this lipstick. It's a brownish pink, very MLBB. It's smooth and moisturizing, with decent staying power, though keep in mind it's not super long wearing due to the glossy texture. For the glossy look, it doesn't feel sticky but more like a balm with a bit of extra slip. The packaging feels substantial, elegant, especially for a drugstore offering, but it's also nicer than some other pricier options. (I won't name names, but I can think of one or two brands that cost twice as much with shoddier packaging.) There's a mild scent, just a tiny bit fruity, but barely noticeable, especially for L'Oréal lipsticks.

About reviewer (365 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

I recently saw an ad for this lipstick line while playing a game on my phone. Yesterday I found these lipsticks at my local supermarket (H-E-B). At that store, they normally sell for $7.97, but, to my delight, all L'Oreal lip products are $2 off this week. So, I paid about $6. Truth be told, I would have been unhappy to have paid the msrp of $10 for this lipstick. I wanted to love this, but I don't. The packaging is GORGEOUS and sturdy, and I love the color (sort of a brownish pink on my lips). However, I expected more pigmentation and a little more staying power. This product was comfortable to wear, but it vanished very quickly on my lips. I'll probably wear this around the house to keep my lips moisturized because it would require frequent re-application if I were to wear it outside of the house. I don't think I'll buy more of these. I have similar lipsticks in less expensive brands that are about the same or better than this lipstick.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGray

2 years ago

Varnished Rosewood is a beautiful slightly darker mlbb if you like a cool tone. Not too dark at all for fair skin. Thin formula, light fruit scent that goes away, glides on easy, moisturizing. This doesn't have that typical L'Oreal lipstick smell. Reminds me of a slippery version of Urban Decay's Sheer Revolution formula. This hasn't gone into lip lines on me, but it's thin enough that I think it could if you applied layers of it.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

Retails for $9.99 at Ulta, $7.99 at Target I purchased 2 of these,.. Varnished Rosewood and Glossy Fawn. it was an impulse purchase because the packaging is really gorgeous I had to have a couple to check out.. If you have ever tried and love YSL Volupte Sheer Candy, this reminds me a lot of those. The packaging really does look nicer than many high end products. What was inside was a pleasant surprise. Tarnished Rosewood is a beautiful color that would look good on just about anyone. A dusty rose (pinky brown with a hint of plum) that goes on smooth as silk. Moisturizing, just the right amount of shine to make my lips look so nice and polished. Glossy Fawn is a beige nude, a perfect YLBB color but on me, at times it can look a bit too pale.... however I like to mix it with Varnished Rose and it creates a to die for color that I love. One of my friends just got Enameled Red and it is gorgeous! It does transfer, it comes off when you eat, but I don't care if I have to re-apply because at the end of the day,, my lips are moisturized and some of the stain from them remains on the lips even after most has worn off. The tube is so pretty, I enjoy taking it out of my bag to re-apply. Check these out the next time you are in the drugstore, the packaging is just superb. I intend to purchase several other colors. I had a really hard time deciding with ones to get, there were so many pretty shades. It has a very faint vanilla scent that pretty much disappears as soon as you apply it and it has no scent or taste after applied which I appreciate. Very comfortable to wear, very moisturizing, a lovely winner for me. Details from Ulta website: Turn on the color. Switch on the shine. Discover L'Oreal's Colour Riche Shine Lipstick, an ultra-rich, ultra-radiant lipstick with a glossy finish and comfortable wear. Benefits: Ultra-Rich Ultra-Radiant Glossy Lipstick Comfortable Wear

About reviewer (781 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

What? No comments on this new lip product by L'Oreal? Well, I'll be glad to be the first. First off, I don't know about anybody else here, but I'm done with the Matte Lips thingy. Never found one that flattered me. They all apply flat, crusty, downright yucky, and are invariably drying. I'm not too keen on lip gloss, either. So I was searching for something in between. This is the closest I got. The packaging is very luxe. Looks like a high end end prod. I got this in two colors: Dazzling Doe (nude) and Varnished Rosewood ( a MLBB pinky brown). The nude color is a bit too light, but I make it work. The other one is very nice. As I said, MLBB. The consistency is very shiny, but not gloppy. It really is a shiny lipstick. Very hydrating on my lips, makes them look plump and nice. Not long lasting, but then again, no shiny lipstick is. I'm not complaining since I find it a pleasure to re-apply. I'd like to try the darker colors now. One more thing, I do apply lip liner on my upper lips. Always do with shiny LS.

About reviewer (702 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure