Vasanti Eye Wonder Triple Action Peptide Eye Cream

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really love the Vasanti products I've tried over the years and I also love that this is a CANADIAN company with first rate products - totally effective, luxury type products but at less than luxury prices. My big complaint though, is that they have some really lame errors in their packaging/labelling. They make a wonderful Serum and nowhere on their site or on the bottle or on the box does it say to shake the product before using....nope, that's on a really tiny sticker on the UNDERSIDE of the bottle, clearly an afterthought but one they should have corrected (and still haven't). Ditto this eye cream....on the jar and on the website, it tells you to use it day and night for 28 days and then as needed for maintenance but on the box, it clearly says to use it for 36 days and nights. Stuff like this is just sloppy and careless and makes a company look unprofessional. I've posted about this on the Vasanti site and didn't even get a reply. And it's why I took off a "lippie" for packaging, Okay, so I got that off my chest and now onto the product itself....

The first jar I got of this was clearly old stock. I got it home, opened it and knew from looking at it that something was wrong and the "cream" had turned into a little waxy blob at the bottom of the jar. I returned this to Shoppers Drug Mart and got a new jar and that's when the "old stock" issue became apparent because the outer cardboard box graphics had been totally redesigned. And I love my new eye cream. It's 20 ml. (as opposed to the 15 ml. that seems standard with eye creams) for $42, making it considerably more affordable than my "go to" Clarins Super Restorative, and the jar packaging means I will get every bit of product I paid for. The cream itself is lush and rich feeling but not at all greasy. It really hydrates my under eye area, helping concealer to apply in a smoother, less dry and patchy way. I've been trying out IT's Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Concealer for the past few weeks and that product can look dry and scaly but not if I use this eye cream and leave it to soak in for a few minutes. Eye Wonder promises to reduce "the look" of dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles. I don't know if it will (reducing "the look" is such a nebulous claim) but I really like this product simply for providing hydration to my eye area without irritating my eyes at all. Super product.