Physicians Formula The Healthy Lip Velvet Liquid Lipstick

3.8

on 3/18/2019 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

i have the shade Tu-Lip Treatment and i love it. i really love reds, nudes, and orangy lipsticks. this is bright and very pigmented you generally only need one coat. the applicator is a little flimsy but it lasts a long time and doesnt smudge or transfer that much. i am more of a cream lip then a liquid person so i dont use this as much as my other lipsticks but its still a amazing lipstick and highly recommend. although this company really does have dad humor names for their products lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought fight free red-icals, so beautiful I bought 11 more colors, I skipped Raisin immunity. These lipsticks are beautiful and the colors seem universally flattering. They have minimal transfer, last long and are pigmented. They don't feel drying and didn't settle into lines. I would definitely repurchase more colors.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was excited to try these, I had heard that they were moisturizing and wouldn't settle into fine-lines. I bought a set of minis, so I have every color (from the reviews I thought I'd love this formula!). I was pretty disappointed, this isn't a "liquid lipstick" in the way I was hoping, it transfers and it bleeds/feathers a little bit. For me this product is very drying, it ends up feeling sort of powdery on the lips, not suck the life out of your lips dry but sort of like a very matte/dry bullet lipstick. On me this wasn't transfer-proof at all, it was about the same as wearing a regular bullet matte lipstick. My lips weren't destroyed after, and it wasn't impossible to remove, and I'll keep trying it but I won't buy again.

Dry dry dry. The color is nice but it dehydrated my lips so they looked shriveled. Hard pass.

on 12/9/2018 10:57:00 PM

My favourite lip product:)

Bought my 5th tube months ago. Iwas surprised how it stayed on my lips in the end of the day. It stayed Matt and velvet even in winter.Also, I dab extra tint on my cheeks for a monochrome look. Before , I was skeptical on matte lipsticks since it gave me the cracked lips vibe. Packaging reminds me of those fancy lip products. I receive many compliments that my lips looks healthy. My favourite shade is restorative effects and tulip.

on 11/10/2018 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a good drugstore liquid lipstick that comes close to the Smashbox Always On but is just a third of the price (frequent sales make them even cheaper). Applicator is very similar to Smashbox as well. Product glides on smoothly, stays put without being super drying. I purchased in Raisin' Immunity, Vitamin Beet and Fight the Free Red-icals - all 3 fall under the bold end of the shades available but whenever I wear these, I always get compliments.

I'm not totally in love with these. I got the color Coral Minerals.A little bright on me. It looks okay. I'm not a fan of the matte lip look. It makes my mouth look small... The formula seems to be drying, and settles into the lines on my lips. I also have to do the "finger in the mouth" trick before going out to make sure it doesn't gunk up my teeth...Perhaps if another color caught my eye I would repurchase, but for right now, I am not enthralled with these.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I recently visited Watsons store and found these from Physician Formula shelves. I was intimidating with the color selections from the brand which always known to release very limited color range from each line. The new liquid lipstick has 13 colors in total however, in Malaysia, we have about 8-9 color selection if I'm not mistaken. Well, I bought 3 - Bare With Me, Vitamin Beet and Fight Free Red-icals. The name itself sounds so healthy already. Haha.. Straight to the product review.. I love the texture of this lipstick, it's mousse-y kind of texture -- quite similar to Bourjois Rouge Velvet Lipstick but better. It dries matte, non cracking and very hydrating. They are extremely pigmented especially with the darker shades and the reds actually stained a little. I love the fact it's easy to remove and looks good when reapplied -- unlike other liquid lipstick, becomes chappy and cakey when reapplied (I look at you Bourjois Rouge Velvet!). The price point is quite right - RM40.80 after discount, very clean, sleek and 'expensive' looking packaging, with best applicator to pick up and hold products during application. My favourite shade is definitely Fight Free Red-icals - true red, and I'll repurchase.

on 1/31/2018 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Price $7.95

I would probably purchase this again, and already want to try some of the other colors when it becomes more readily available. I ordered it from the website along with some other things.

I got this in the color Natural Nude. Natural Nude is a really pretty YLBB nude with a hint of pink. One of the prettiest nudes I have ever tried. There are 13 shades which range from nudes to reds and berry tones.

It is Hypoallergenic, Fragrance-Free, Paraben-Free, Gluten Free, Dermatologist Approved, Cruelty Free

The formula is creamy, not heavy and infused with Vitamins A & E, Hyaluronic acid, Avocado oil, & anti-aging peptides. It doesn't settle into my lip lines and accentuate them. Very pigmented and it dries fairly fast to a semi matte finish. They are supposed to be a true matte but they are creamier looking and not as flat looking as most mattes. The wear time was okay. Very little transfer for a couple of hours, but by noon, it did start to wear off in some places after I ate lunch.... but it still didn't look bad. Even though I did have to retouch after eating, application blended into the original easily and it looked as good as new again. It also did leave a stain in areas where it wore off so it wasn't like it looked awful. I do feel that does dry my lips out a little, but ignore that because all but a few lip products do that. My lips are my dry, fussy area. Compared to other mattes which suck the life out of them, this did not. The applicator is okay, nothing to rave about but I don't hate it either. It works fine. I like the pointed tip because you can kind of line your lips with it. As for the hollow area in the center, it does hold product so you don't have to dip back in as much, but I would prefer it not be there. A few times I felt like it got too much in it.

Description from the website:

Product Benefits

What It Is:

Long-wearing, decadent mousse-like texture lipstick delivers high-impact color that glides on for seamless one-stroke color payoff.

Why It’s Good for You:

The light-weight, cream formula features beauty miracle-worker, avocado oil that hydrates and moisturizes, while hyaluronic acid smooths and enhances lips overtime for a healthy beautiful pout.

Key Ingredients:

Avocado Oil, Vitamins A & E, Hyaluronic Acid, Anti-Aging Peptides

Ingredients:
ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, KAOLIN, BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, DIMETHICONE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, GLYCERYL BEHENATE/EICOSADIOATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, FLAVOR/AROMA, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, OCTOCRYLENE, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, ISOPENTYLDIOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PALMITIC ACID, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIHYDROXYSTEARIN, WATER/EAU, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, GLUCOMANNAN, TOCOPHEROL. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR: CARMINE (CI 75470), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), MICA, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140).

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because it was advertised as "long wearing". I don't know what their idea of long is but this stuff wiped right off. This is not a long wearing product, they are totally lying. Also the applicator is totally wonky, its really big and floppy so you are mopping the color on, crazy, this is fit for the pit. Be warned - don't buy it.