Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Vanilla Quartz

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Vanilla Quartz
Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter - Vanilla Quartz

on 7/13/2018 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Believe all the hype you read about this shade it's that good. For reference my skin tone is between nc10 to nc20 depending on the season and if I am self tanning or not, but I think this shade would look gorgeous on more tan skin tones as well.

This is a wonderful shade that would suit different undertones, it's not too warm nor too cool. It's hard to find highlightes that are light enough but still give a believable glow and that are not too yellow, too white or too pink, this is the perfect mix. On me it gives a champagne glow. Compared to pearl it's much more creamy in texture and less sparkly. It's very pigmented and I love that it comes in a mini size for those of us who have a bit too much make up.

on 3/4/2018 8:53:00 PM

I have a light skin tone and this is my favourite highlighter. It's not super blinding but not subtle either. I use this the one the most out of my collection.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a highlighter everyone (and their dog/cat) needs.

I have practically all of the brand's highlighters, but this is hands down one of their best creations yet. It doesn't look like much in the pan but once you swatch it/put it on - this is when unicorns jump with joy. This shade will look stunning on nearly every single skin tone; I have friends with tan skin who pull it off, same way as I know a lot of people with fair complexion who look like porcelain dolls wearing it. The formula is impeccable: buttery smooth, pigmented, blends like a dream. If you want an everyday highlighter, but with that je ne sais quoi oomph to it - you will love it. It is both gold, but there is a gorgeous peachy-pink shift to it, which is so flattering. I have unedited swatches and product close-ups (as well as makeup look) in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2018/02/11/Highlighter-Of-The-Month). Don't sleep on it, it is a stunner.

on 2/9/2018 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Recently, the minis went on sale so I bought this at 50% off. I kept reading that Moonstone was holy grail for my skintone (NC20/25) so I wasn't sure I would like this as much. Guess what, Vanilla Quartz turned out to be my absolute favourite highlighter, way more than Moonstone, which was a little too yellow for me. Vanilla Quartz is a shade lighter and still warm toned but with less yellow. It gives me that wonderful natural glow that glimmers in certain angles and makes me look positively angelic. The mini size is perfect too, as I don't think I will ever use up the full size. Best buy for me of 2017.

This highlight is so pretty! Plus it’s awesome on my fair complextion so I’m really happy with this! About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, very cool undertones for reference. This shade is great for my pale self plus I love the colour. It has a beautiful pink shift and this goes on so well. It’s smooth and creamy I only have to touch it to pick up product so it’s very pigmented. I like how the le shades that I have come across are so pale friendly I also own Lilac geode which works great with my tone and colouring as well. This stayed on all day without a retouch and I like how it’s not super shimmering. It’s a more muted h/l in my opinion. I like this for daily use and I’m very happy with this. I would repurchase but I feel it’ll last forever as you get so much product and don’t need much at all. Love it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Becca initially released Vanilla Quartz in a mini size at Sephora for $19, and it is quite a bit smaller than their standard SSP. They later (Nov-Dec 2017) released a full size version with the geometric imprint than many of the LE SSP have that is limited edition. The photo is for the full size, but it is the exact same product as the permanent mini that is at Sephora. It just looks like a vanilla/off-white color in the pan, but on the skin it has a subtle pink iridescence to it that makes it pretty unique and special. It doesn't have the flash or color shift that the LE Light Chasers have, but more of a touch of pink to add some warmth and life to the product. Like all of the regular SSP, the texture is so buttery and it glides on the skin like a dream. It isn't overly bold or metallic, but it does add a fresh, almost dewy glow to the skin. It is somewhat subtle, but it can be built up as well. I love it on the cheeks or as an inner corner highlight. Most of the swatches I have seen online don't really capture the pink shift that this product has, so definitely do yourself a favor and check it out in person if you can.