Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap

Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap

Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate,Deionized Water,Ginseng Extract,Grapefruit Peel Extract, Papaya Extract,Glycerin,Sodium Chloride,Oat Protein 5/2/09

on 3/14/2017 10:35:00 AM

I never review anything, but I figured this product was so helpful to me that it was time to start! I have suffered from "chicken skin" on my legs for years- just the colorless bumps you can see in the right light that give your skin an awful texture when touched, as well as really difficult ingrown hairs that I can never seem to get rid of on the sides of my knees and back of my thighs (no matter how many homemade or store bought scrubs I used...). This product in 2 weeks has already completely changed the texture of my skin! I always use it with a loofah and lotion afterwards, but I credit the change 100% to this. I imagine I'll use this forever, totally HG product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Unfortunately, this made me break out more along my shoulders.

This is better than the average body wash. It smells nice and has natural ingrediants. I used it to remove body makeup and it did a good job at that. I would recommend it.

on 7/29/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this body wash. I find that it has completely resolved the acne to my chest and back with daily use. I needed a product that was salicyclic acid free and this one works perfectly. The price is great for a high end body wash. I love the citrus scent, grapefruit like. Lather is amazing on this body wash. (Compatible to Philosophy body washes). Does not overly dry my skin. Rinses easily without any film or tackiness.

UPDATE: after finishing up a bottle, I did find too irritating to my skin. I can not use this daily.

on 5/13/2014 11:58:00 AM

I first tried this when ulta was having a sale on the mario badescu products. Frustrated at my local ultas lack of the product I actually wanted I turned to this. Since I frequently have back and chest acne, and keratosis pilaris on my arms, I thought this could help at least a little. At first, especially in the first week or so, it did work. It reduced my body acne to almost nothing. However with continous use over the next two months the body acne returned. I found it had no effect on my kp bumps.
overall:
Pros:
nice scent
good basic body wash
good price for the amount

cons:
doesn't do anything for body acne or kp

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had great hopes in this product. I have keratosis pilaris, especially on my arms. It's not something that bothers me a lot since it's not really bad, but I'd love to get rid of it. I'd read that the AHA soap would be great to clear up KP (and perhaps some more irritated skin).

I didn't find any significant difference using this product. I've used it for like 2-2,5 months everytime I hit the shower, sometimes with a loofah. For me it only did some minor difference, thinking of the result I wouldn't buy it again, but I really love the smell and also the fact that it contains few, good ingrediences and that the product is not tested on animals, which makes me thining of buying it again.

This has quickly become my HG body wash. I'm in my late 20's and have had stubborn breakouts on my shoulders and lower back for the last couple of years, and I have tried multiple body cleansers, salicylic acid sprays, etc., to try and clear them up with absolutely no benefit. Within a few days of using this body wash I noticed a significant reduction in breakouts, and within a week they have pretty much completely disappeared! I still can't believe how quick and effective this was for me.

The scent is mild and pleasant--although I'm not generally that picky when it comes to scents--and you get a pretty decent amount of product for $8.

on 6/18/2013 4:12:00 PM

This made my chest and back acne worse than I've seen it in a long time. Granted, maybe my body had already planned to freak out in acne before I started using this. However, it did nothing to help the situation. I also made the mistake of using this "down there" which proved quite irritating to my skin lol. I don't have kp but my bf does and I will experiment on him before I give this away, I will update if its some miracle cure for that. Ps the smell was not good :) but I don't rate on smell. This gets an avg body wash rating from me until further notice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence with this product. I am not sure if it is keeping my chest and bacne at bay or if it is just not doing anything. I still break out on my chest about once or twice a month which I guess hasn't improved since I started using this product. I like the way it smells, floral and fresh. I also like feeling like I am doing something for the breakouts on my chest. I just don't think this really does anything. I will have to start looking into something else to help out my body acne.

on 4/17/2013 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't normally write reviews, but this product has done so much for me (especially considering it's just something that goes down the drain) that it just seems selfish not to.

A few years back I had a pretty horrible bout with bacne, and was trying every harsh acne product/rubbing alcohol/whatever to get rid of it. I had never heard of Mario Badescu at the time and bought this body wash by chance at a boutique simply because I loved the smell.

Within a week my back was 50% clearer! After using it for a month I had absolutely no bacne, and had also noticed the skin on my body was so much smoother and brighter. I did not repurchase simply because I had moved and did not know where else to find it, plus my bacne woes were over. It's worth mentioning that I also took preventive measures during this time (not sitting in sweaty clothes, switching to unscented detergent/body lotion, washing my sheets twice as often). However, I give pretty much all the healing credit to this body wash.

Recently I had a different problem, bumpy eczema flare ups all over the back of my thighs and arms. Also, a major ingrown hair problem and some nasty scarring from Honduran sand flea bites. I remembered the brightening, exfoliating properties of this wash and found it at Ulta and bought the biggest bottle I could. My scars are finally lighter after 6 months of dealing with them, and the texture of my skin is ridiculously smooth, soft, and refined - ingrowns eczema and all are gone.

To get the most benefit of from this product I lather up with a exfoliating mitt after turning off the water and let it sit on my body for 2 minutes or so before rinsing. When I'm in a rush I don't necessarily do this, but it is a good idea to as it gives the AHAs more time to work on the skin.

By the way, the smell is refreshing, beautiful, and natural. I adore it. As with all Mario Badescu products, I love the highly functional packaging and the ridiculously reasonable price ($14 bucks for a huge bottle at Ulta!) As long as I use this, I don't need to use a body scrub. HG product, couldn't recommend more.