Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap

Mario Badescu AHA Botanical Body Soap

3.9

Ingredients: Sodium Laureth Sulfate,Deionized Water,Ginseng Extract,Grapefruit Peel Extract, Papaya Extract,Glycerin,Sodium Chloride,Oat Protein 5/2/09

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this to try and treat my mild but incessant chest and back acne with AHA's instead of a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid wash, and it didn't make it worse but it didn't make it better either. I use AHA's on my face, and I used this every day but saw no improvement in breakouts, keratosis pilaris or the texture of my skin :( It smells good and it's not drying, but it just didn't do anything..? The AHA's in this product definitely aren't strong enough as they are completely from natural origin. It's cheap, but after reading up on Mario Badescu I won't be buying any more of his products. My skin responded better to Neutrogena Body Clear, which contains salicylic acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I know for a fact that certain beauty ingredients break me out: Vitamin E, coconut oil and their derivatives. And as an already acned person, this is a HUGE conundrum as most bacne treatments contain at least one of those ingredients. What a great feeling to finally find something that treats bacne without breaking me out!

I've used this product for a week now and the results, while there, are extremely slow. Whatever I'm just happy that it kinda works without breaking me out. I'll come back after a month or two to give a definite review.

UPDATE: I gave it another lippie. It works. You have to wait a month til you see the results. All I know is it works... just slowly. Don't expect to completely get rid of your acne as it most likely won't. But together with other products, you can bet!

This is not a very foamy body wash. So don't expect to get a nice full lather. I guess it's supposed to be that way. I would recommend using a sunblock after using this because of the A.H A I also would use this before going to bed. I think it will give the A.H.A more time to rejuvenate your skin , then shower in the morning with a different soap.

on 3/14/2017 10:35:00 AM

I never review anything, but I figured this product was so helpful to me that it was time to start! I have suffered from "chicken skin" on my legs for years- just the colorless bumps you can see in the right light that give your skin an awful texture when touched, as well as really difficult ingrown hairs that I can never seem to get rid of on the sides of my knees and back of my thighs (no matter how many homemade or store bought scrubs I used...). This product in 2 weeks has already completely changed the texture of my skin! I always use it with a loofah and lotion afterwards, but I credit the change 100% to this. I imagine I'll use this forever, totally HG product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Unfortunately, this made me break out more along my shoulders.

This is better than the average body wash. It smells nice and has natural ingrediants. I used it to remove body makeup and it did a good job at that. I would recommend it.

on 7/29/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this body wash. I find that it has completely resolved the acne to my chest and back with daily use. I needed a product that was salicyclic acid free and this one works perfectly. The price is great for a high end body wash. I love the citrus scent, grapefruit like. Lather is amazing on this body wash. (Compatible to Philosophy body washes). Does not overly dry my skin. Rinses easily without any film or tackiness.

UPDATE: after finishing up a bottle, I did find too irritating to my skin. I can not use this daily.

on 5/13/2014 11:58:00 AM

I first tried this when ulta was having a sale on the mario badescu products. Frustrated at my local ultas lack of the product I actually wanted I turned to this. Since I frequently have back and chest acne, and keratosis pilaris on my arms, I thought this could help at least a little. At first, especially in the first week or so, it did work. It reduced my body acne to almost nothing. However with continous use over the next two months the body acne returned. I found it had no effect on my kp bumps.
overall:
Pros:
nice scent
good basic body wash
good price for the amount

cons:
doesn't do anything for body acne or kp

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had great hopes in this product. I have keratosis pilaris, especially on my arms. It's not something that bothers me a lot since it's not really bad, but I'd love to get rid of it. I'd read that the AHA soap would be great to clear up KP (and perhaps some more irritated skin).

I didn't find any significant difference using this product. I've used it for like 2-2,5 months everytime I hit the shower, sometimes with a loofah. For me it only did some minor difference, thinking of the result I wouldn't buy it again, but I really love the smell and also the fact that it contains few, good ingrediences and that the product is not tested on animals, which makes me thining of buying it again.

This has quickly become my HG body wash. I'm in my late 20's and have had stubborn breakouts on my shoulders and lower back for the last couple of years, and I have tried multiple body cleansers, salicylic acid sprays, etc., to try and clear them up with absolutely no benefit. Within a few days of using this body wash I noticed a significant reduction in breakouts, and within a week they have pretty much completely disappeared! I still can't believe how quick and effective this was for me.

The scent is mild and pleasant--although I'm not generally that picky when it comes to scents--and you get a pretty decent amount of product for $8.