LipSense Glossy Gloss

LipSense  Glossy Gloss

3.0

on 2/13/2018 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

LipSense (Senegence) products are an MLM company. So they retail for higher than they should so that the consultant (your friend, cousin, neighbor) who sells it can pocket their 20 - 25% discount.

That said, I caved and got the $20 Orchid Gloss. It is perfectly fine - so flavor (thank goodness no mint or menthol), a slightly "chemical" scent - loaded with 'cones and synthetic beeswax (really, fake beeswax? Is natural beeswax really that cost prohibitive?)plus Vitamin E and Shea butter.

It's a perfectly average gloss - not super thick, not too thin, sticky but not ridiculously so. Very shiny. A super pale purpley-pink (Orchid) tint. Please note, I do not wear the actual lipsense lip color, as the high amount of alchol and volatile solvents irritate the hell outta my lips. But the gloss? It's fine. It is worth $20? Nope.

Update: I was able to buy the "Opal" gloss for $12 ($14 after shipping) from a Senegense/Lipsense lady online who was going out of business. For $14 this is great. Not worth $20. I also tried - for full price - $22 plus tax and shipping - the new "Prism" gloss and it is a dense multi-colored glitter with a bit of a holo effect. I little too "disco ball" for me. Wish I had gotten it cheaper.

These glosses are not worth $20 - $22. For $15 or less? YES!

Overpriced for what you get - a moisturizing gloss. So, I have experimented w/ Lipsense color for a month both following application instructions to a T and exploring hacks to increase wear time and trying out dupes.

Based on my 30 day experiment, I can definitely say that my Lipsense color lasts and performs exactly the same on me if I use only Glossy Gloss or substitute other glosses for applications after the 1st one - Elf and Rimmel specifically, both of which are of course waaaaay less $$$. So, what I do is use GG to seal my LS color and then, throughout the day, apply either my Elf or Rimmel. This way, GG will last a helluva lot longer than if I used it throughout the day.