NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation
Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

3.2

DIMETHICONE • WATER/AQUA/EAU • PHENYL TRIMETHICONE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • PEG-10 DIMETHICONE • DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE • PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE • BORON NITRIDE • BIS-BUTYLDIMETHICONE POLYGLYCERYL-3 • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • TOCOPHEROL • RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT • CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT • PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT • LENS ESCULENTA (LENTIL) FRUIT EXTRACT • SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE • HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BEHENYL ALCOHOL • BARIUM SULFATE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE • BEHENIC ACID • STEARIC ACID • SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • STEARYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM LACTATE • POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE • TIN OXIDE • SODIUM PCA • ALUMINA • POTASSIUM SORBATE • SODIUM BENZOATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER • POLYSILICONE-2 • PHENOXYETHANOL • [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 4/17/2018 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

did u guys try applying this babe with your fingers? it was a life changer for me!! the finish is so flawless and longevity is SOOO much better, natural and glowy.

on 4/17/2018 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I REALLY wanted to love this product. It was so hyped! However, it just didn't work for me. Despite its claim to be glowy, i found it to be wayyy too matte, which is crazy since I have such oily skin! It settled into the lines around my mouth and just made my skin look old. It would look decent for a few hours and then go downhill. NARS colour selection is bomb though, that is the only pro of this foundation (I am Gobi). Coverage was patchy. Not longwear at all. I tried so hard to like this foundation but it just doesn't work for me. I prefer Sheer Glow much more!

To be honest I cannot for the life of me understand the negative reviews because in terms of new releases this is the best foundation of the year for me.
I was hesitant to purchase a full bottle after seeing a couple of disappointing reviews on YouTube that led me to believe this was probably another new crap foundation that was being put out along with various other brands. But I really should have known better because Sheer Glow was my OG holy grail makeup back in the day and I've never actually been let down by any NARS complexion products.

This is an amazing foundation with perfect coverage and a gorgeous luminous-yet-not-dewy-but-not-matte hard to describe finish. I have a normal skin type that is not particularly oily nor is it very dry so I might be in the lucky camp of people whose skin type is compatible with this formula. Literally this is perfect as an everyday foundation for me because it blends like a dream, offers medium/full coverage and the longevity is impressive. I was paying close attention to how this was wearing because of the unfavorable reports that it becomes patchy, transfers, faded etc. I am happy to report that none of these things happened to me. On the contrary, this wore impressively well next to some of the other new foundations I've tried like Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, Giorgio Armani Face Fabric and Bobbi Brown Skin Longwear Weigthless. I bought the shade Light 5 Fiji for my fake tan but I really wish they carried Siberia for when I am naturally pale. Another thing I'll quickly mention is the shade range in Natural Radiant Longwear does run slightly warmer than their equivalent in Sheer Glow or ADLW.

My advice: Don't let the opinions of beauty gurus dissuade you from giving this a try. You might be pleasantly shocked and fall in love with it like I did 🙂

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This foundation is the best foundation I have found so far for my skin. It's medium to full, buildable and breathable. Not cakey whatsoever, it looks a dream on my skin. On my normal to dry, sensitive skin it gives a natural radiant finish that doesn't make my skin freak out and get spots. Through out the day, it tends to become more dewy which I actually really like. I will be repurchasing definitely!

on 4/13/2018 8:13:00 AM

I want to love this foundation and had to purchase online as no shops had my colour in stock. Was so excited to receive this as I love Sheer glow. I first tried it with Hour glass mineral veil primer and used my fingers 😤 as they recommend, it went patchy and picked up dry skin I didn’t know I had. I then washed it off and tried it with no poreblem primer and a sponge washed it off again and tried it with origins original skin primer and a brush went on perfect, pores were minimised and my husband said my skin looked perfect however didn’t last long,as it broke apart in places didn’t have much on my forehead you could see my normal skin where the foundation had lifted and didn’t have it on long, tried it again for the next 3 days with different settings powders and the same problem, so as much as it looked good when applied it’s not worth it breaking up, I will try to mix it with my Lancôme teint idole ultra see if it lasts longer.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I Love Love this foundation. By far the best foundation purchase I have made in the last 18 months. I wasn't a fan of the Nars Sheer Glow or any foundation that I have to apply with my fingers, but the Make-up Consultant convinced me to try this out in store so I let her do so with a Sponge. I was blown away how beautiful and flawless it looked on my skin. However, I wanted to test this out on my skin in terms of longevity and any potential irritation it causes my acne prone and sensitive skin. She gave me enough sample of Barcelona for 2 weeks of use. After using it for a week having only exceeded my expectation on a foundation, I bought the full size bottle and it is money well spent.

I use both beauty blender and the KVD #20 brush with no issues whatsoever. But because I am a creature of habit, I do prefer a Sponge as I blend out concealer with a sponge too.

Every primer works really well but my favourite would be my Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer or my Lancome LA Pro Base. Set it with any Powder no problem either. I just freaking love this foundation.

No scent, no break-out, full coverage on me. I look airbrush and flawless. Full but lightweight and natural enough that you can still see skin. It's buildable if you really want to wear a mask. NEVER CAKEY. NEVER CREASY. On me anyway.

Wear time for me is about 12-15hrs and it's just beautiful. Blotting around 10hrs but I can live with that. No re-powdering or touch up necessary for me. Just blotting sheets. It doesn't transfer all over my phone or my clothes ahahaha.

If you can get a sample, get it and try how amazing this foundation for yourself. But definitely oxidises 1 shade darker for me so Barcelona is perfect. Stromboli is too dark. I am between NC30-NC35.

on 3/31/2018 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I love this foundation. This is in my top 3 foundation brands. Its full coverage and goes on dewy. I was more prone to wear matte foundations until I discovered NARS. This foundation just makes my skin look super healthy and hydrated though I have only recently adopted a skin care routine. But, when I wear this makeup, I get so many compliments on my skin. The best part is the color range though. I am in the shade New Caledonia and its a deep dark with "olive" undertone (really?). It fit my complexion perfectly and blends in with my chest which says a lot since my chest area is lighter than my face but its like this foundation adjust to the different areas making for a smooth transition. I don't have to work as hard to match this foundation. Because I can get super oily, I do find myself blotting throughout the day though and it is NOT transfer proof. Its a dewy finish so I knew that i'd be blotting away. But the texture, color range, and overall ambiance of this foundation makes it worth it.

on 3/27/2018 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Just bought one of their new shades and im brown with yellow undertones, was a bit lighter than tahoe, but syracruse was too reddish and almost grey on me, but valencia is exactly my skin tone! im amazed how long this primer will hold on its own without primer/settingspray. with 1-2 pumps its deff medium-full coverage, but if you take a bit more yu can build it up. Just watch out cause it can get cakey.
Deff worth the price, do reccomend.

cons:
- on the pricey side
- a bit pasty consistency, and i find it kind of hard to work with
- sits on skin instead of penetrating into skin, so will rub off if your like me and have oily skin (but setting powder helps with this)

on 3/21/2018 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have combo to oily skin depending on the season. Normally I wouldn't buy any foundation with the finish being radiant, much less buy one with the actual word radiant in the title. I decided to give this ago because of the good reviews is was getting, even from people with oily skin. Originally I bought the shade Vienna which was one shade to light for me, but was still able to wear without it looking odd. One first impression I loved the coverage it gave, I would say it is a medium plus coverage and very build able. I have acne scars and some hyper pigmentation, and this foundation covered this up with no problem. Since I have combo/oily skin I did use a benefit porefessional, which is my HG primer, and also baked on my t-zone which is my oily zone. It all looked really good and liked the finished I got. I did start getting oily on my nose pretty soon after application about the 2 hour mark. This never really happens with other my normal foundations I use, I also started to notice it started to look cakey on and around my nose, I found myself having to blot at the 2 hour mark, which I never have had to do before, at least not this soon after application.
After the first impression I got a sample or the color Fiji, which is my shade, in fact I have never had a foundation match me so perfectly before, for this exact reason I really wanted this foundation to work for me. I have tried various time to wear this foundation using different mattifying primers, and the result is the same around the 2 hour mark I start to see oil seeping through on my nose first then my forehead, and I notice that it starts to look cake on and around my nose.
This foundation really has a beautiful finish to the face, and does not feel or look cakey on the face. Color range is really good. My problem is that it starts to make my oils seep through way too quickly, within 2 hours of application, which I have never had a problem with before if I used a mattifying primer. That is the only reason I cannot wear this foundation, I need something that is going to keep me matte for a lot longer than 2 hours.

on 3/21/2018 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this at Sephora and I did love this. She used no concealer and it covered my acne skin great. She put a bit of power (I think the brand was Kat Von and another word.... Forget...) and I LOVED it! A few hours later I looked in the mirror and the foundation was caking around my acne spots and it didn't look nice close up. Far away it looked fine.

I decided I'll give it one more shot because it might've been the power so I tried it again and without the powder it looked a lot more nicer but my mom did comment it looked way too thick and caky (Everything does with her... lol). I'll finish the sample and maybe I'll ask or another one to try it out one more time. I love the coverage and it didn't feel heavy at all which is great because I don't like feeling makeup on my face.

Colour was good but the price was WHEW! A bit over 60 Canadian! I really want to like it so I'll try more ways so it doesn't look so caky.