NARS Cosmetics Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

NARS Cosmetics Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation
Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

3.2

DIMETHICONE • WATER/AQUA/EAU • PHENYL TRIMETHICONE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • PEG-10 DIMETHICONE • DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE • PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE • BORON NITRIDE • BIS-BUTYLDIMETHICONE POLYGLYCERYL-3 • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • TOCOPHEROL • RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT • CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT • PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT • LENS ESCULENTA (LENTIL) FRUIT EXTRACT • SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE • HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BEHENYL ALCOHOL • BARIUM SULFATE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE • BEHENIC ACID • STEARIC ACID • SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • STEARYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM LACTATE • POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE • TIN OXIDE • SODIUM PCA • ALUMINA • POTASSIUM SORBATE • SODIUM BENZOATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER • POLYSILICONE-2 • PHENOXYETHANOL • [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 12/7/2018 2:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The effect:
- This foundation is definitely a staple item for me! It has a very light liquid formula that enables a smooth application to the skin.
- It doesn't oxidize and appears neither flaky nor powdery. It's definitely a must-have for the drier/dry-patchy (combination) skin types!
- The coverage is medium and buildable. I can fluctuate between 1 to 3 drops depending on factors like the condition of my skin or whether I'm doing a day/night look.
- I think I get what they mean by the 'luminosity' factor because I do see an added glow to my skin (although this could very well be helped by my skin routine!)

Application:
- I've tested finger and beauty-blender techniques with this foundation, and found that both work equally well!
- I recommend that you disperse it first with your fingers and then even out + build-up with the sponge. That's what works best for me!

Skin-tone and type (personally):
- I can actually pull off both Gobi and Deauville shades, as my skin is fair to light with undertones that are neutral slighting towards yellow (Usually opt for Deauville in the summer and Gobi in the winter).
- Best for dry/dry-patchy combination skin.
- Might be more suited to younger skin types because I've found that without a good primer it can sometimes settle into lines that I never knew I had!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

First impression: A-

Shades excellent, of course.

TONS OF PROS:
does NOT separate,
does NOT oxidize,
does NOT look powdery,
does NOT settle into pores,
does NOT break down with a splash of water (Muslims wash our faces for prayer);
does have a huge shade selection for Asian and Indian skin, and I picked Fiji -- light and yellow:)
Seems to have skin-friendly ingredients

CONS:
Expensive. $52 for 1 ounce.
Does exaggerate pores,
Does settling into lines,
Does NOT blur fine wrinkles.

on 10/17/2018 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i love this foundation, i used to wear the estee lauder and i love it as well but sometimes it can be heavy on the skin.
but this foundation is so light weight but yet full full coverage. i love it.

on 10/12/2018 7:54:00 PM

I paid full price for this, which makes it a bit of an investment for me but boy, is it worth every penny! This is my go-to foundation now. It stays put through a long day at work and I can still go out after that and my face will still be fine. It feels genuinely weightless, yet does give me enough cover if I need it for any imperfections. I use Fiji and it is ideal for me in this (though interestingly, Alaska was the right shade in the Tinted Moisturiser- just saying...). I really love Nars anyway but this is a great foundation if your skin is a bit dry and you need something to hang on in there without looking like it's mask-like. Beyond better than EL Longwear imo. And no, I don't need primer either...

on 10/4/2018 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm going to preface my review by saying that I paid the full $76 for a bottle of this foundation. I would obviously expect the product to be really good.

Anyway, if you do intend to get this, do yourself a favour and get a good primer and finishing powder. I tried to see how the product would hold sans primer and powder and I have never worn such a mess on my face. Then I used it with a primer and powder that I've been using all the time and OH GOD. It settled into all the pores I have on my poor little face and it became so unbelievably ugly after just two hours. A TRUE ATROCITY. Worse thing was that I bought this just for my overseas trip, thinking that it would look great. I did not have a back-up. (p.s. the place I went to was constantly at around 16-degree Celsius so I did not sweat much)

I bought a better primer and finishing powder and the foundation finally peaked. (p.s. it was the day of my flight back home DAMN YOU NARS!!!!) It was beautiful. I finally saw what they meant by "oh my god it looks like my real skin!!!". My flight was about 7.25 hours so I had it on for about 15 hours. It did not look too bad at the end of it all even though it almost looked wet instead of radiant. I, however, rather look like I just washed my face than what I looked like the days before that.

Now that I'm back home (33 degree Celsius), nothing I do seem to help it stay in place. So, no I will not repurchase.

on 10/3/2018 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Its my HG foundation at the moment, I have many foundations from drugstore to department store and When this foundation came out I wasn’t planning on buying or trying, until They gave a sample with my purchase, I gave it a try out of curiosity and I was amazed how beautiful it is , it melts just like butter into the skin and gives you natural finish covering all the flaws , I didn’t trust it the first time and got more sample to try for a week to see if it breaks me out or not because its very long wearing and some long wearing foundations do that , it didnt break me out and surprisingly I loved my skin the whole week , I got so many compliments on how beautiful my skin looks and my colleagues even asked me what skincare I used , I told them about this foundation and they couldn’t believe a foundation can be this beautiful ! We all went together and bought the full size , I’m using it nonstop every day for 2 months now and I love it more every day

on 9/3/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

It’s important to always try a foundation for yourself, despite reviews. I was certain this was going to be an oily mess due to the reviews. I read about how this broke up and became an oily mess at the 3 hour mark. I’m very oily but I was willing to take a chance and try this foundation. I primed with Hourglass Mineral Veil and set with Too Faced Peach Perfect Mattifying powder. With that combo it wore just as well as my Estée Lauder Double Wear. In fact it almost looked like it was a tad too drying, especially around my eye area. Definitely need to use an eye cream prior. But I was impressed at how long it lasted and it does have a nice matte finish. Give it a four and I’d repurchase!

LOVE this foundation for the time of the month that i need more coverage!

Pro:
-I absolutely love how small the amount of product comes out in every pump, makes it so easy to control!
-good coverage, smooth satin finish and not cakey
-doesnt break me out
-24m shelf life makes it easier to rotate foundations!
-shade range is awesome
-works well with sponge, brush and fingers. I find on me it works best with a flat top kinda brush.
-packaging is lovely and finally, a Nars foundation that i want that comes WITH a pump!

Cons:
-this is pricey here in Canada! *cry*. At least it lasts for 24months :)

10/10 would recommend.

Update : after using this exclusively for a couple weeks it has actually became a current HG it just works so well no fuss easy blend longlasting. Although it’s pricey i would definitely consider to repurchase. Bumping it up to 5 lippies!

on 8/11/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately this did not work out for me. Its too drying, and it doesn’t make my skin look nice. It settled into pores and wrinkles. I wore it for about 3 times and gave up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the finish of this foundation a lot, like really a lot. The finish is beautiful, very natural looking - people don’t even know I have foundation on. However, this is not a long-wearing foundation. Since my skin is oily, it’s understandable. Once I blot, I’m good to go. The foundation does not oxidize on me. Also, it doesn’t transfer. The shade Punjab matches me well. I’m NC30 in MAC.