NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation
Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

3.1

DIMETHICONE • WATER/AQUA/EAU • PHENYL TRIMETHICONE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • PEG-10 DIMETHICONE • DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE • PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE • BORON NITRIDE • BIS-BUTYLDIMETHICONE POLYGLYCERYL-3 • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • TOCOPHEROL • RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT • CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT • PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT • LENS ESCULENTA (LENTIL) FRUIT EXTRACT • SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE • HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BEHENYL ALCOHOL • BARIUM SULFATE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE • BEHENIC ACID • STEARIC ACID • SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • STEARYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM LACTATE • POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE • TIN OXIDE • SODIUM PCA • ALUMINA • POTASSIUM SORBATE • SODIUM BENZOATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER • POLYSILICONE-2 • PHENOXYETHANOL • [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 8/11/2018 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unfortunately this did not work out for me. Its too drying, and it doesn’t make my skin look nice. It settled into pores and wrinkles. I wore it for about 3 times and gave up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the finish of this foundation a lot, like really a lot. The finish is beautiful, very natural looking - people don’t even know I have foundation on. However, this is not a long-wearing foundation. Since my skin is oily, it’s understandable. Once I blot, I’m good to go. The foundation does not oxidize on me. Also, it doesn’t transfer. The shade Punjab matches me well. I’m NC30 in MAC.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Was super excited about purchasing this foundation. The packaging is very pretty and the shade is my perfect shade, however, the formula of this foundation is.....tragic. Super oily, doesn't stay on for more than 2 hours and the heat is something that does NOT work well with this formula. Slides everywhere, I touch my face once and there's residue all over my finger. Miss Laura Mercier cannot even save this foundation. Also, it has given me the absolute worst breakouts. I am typically one who doesn't breakout often, and if i do, it's for stuff like accidentally sleeping with my makeup on, however, every time I wear this my pores get so clogged and then a pimple will form in a day or two. Definitely not worth spending your money one when there are better foundations out there!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product but unfortunately this does not work for me at all :(

The product comes in a nice, high quality glass bottle with a matte black lid. Looks quite expensive.
The pump will only dispense a small amount of product, but you really don't need much with this foundation. A litte really goes a long way. I used about 2 - 2,5 drops for my face.
I'd say the coverage is medium high to high, depending on how much product you use. You could either use a beauty blender or use your fingers, as Nars suggests. I found that this works better if I use my fingers and I will need less product.

So, when I first applied this it looked really beautiful. It felt lightweight and my skin was looking natural and glowy, all while still covering pretty well. I was super happy, because the shade (I used Gobi) did also match me really well, which is something I often struggle with.

However, after about two hours I noticed that my skin started to look really weird. The product started to settle into my pores, leaving little white dots all over my face. It also started to cake up in a really weird way and it got super oily.
I already have oily / combination skin but this was extremly bad. I have tried this with different primers and setting spray, with and without powder but nothing seems to help.

I can't really say how this lasts on your skin, because whenever I tried this I had to take it off after about 2 oder 3 hours and the few times that I did wear this for 8 hours or so I looked like a mess.

I guess it really depents on your skin type but I wouldn't repurchase this. I'd say if you're oily try to get a sample first.

Pro's and Con's

+ looks verry skin like and pretty when freshly applied
+ feels lightweight
+ nice packaging
+ might work for dry skin?

- looks patchy and cakey after only 2 hours
- gets very oily
- expensive

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the worst foundation I have used. It is like a bottle of silicone..
it will give your skin a weird washed out look and never ever set. It just slides around even with loads of powder and on very dry skin.
Everytime I wore this people said I looked sick.
I am a foundation fanatic. I review them on YouTube and have tried over 1k different foundations and I am very well versed on formulas and what I expect from foundation. Some people blame everything on foundation and what it really is, is their unrealistic expectations but I promise that’s not what this is. This is awful, it looks nice at first but it’s almost got too much coverage and it just never melts into the skin and that makes it look really strange after a while and transfers so so badly.
It will break you out! I never break out, I’m dry. I have a solid skin care regime but this breaks me out the next day every single time I would use it.
The packaging is pretty, but I wouldn’t buy this again.
It also feels oily and gross on the skin.
Wanted to love this but I dont

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My second Nars foundation (first one is the sheer matte which was discontinued) and truly such a great purchase! Great coverage, so soft on the skin and if finessed good can look so natural on the skin. Price is quite high, thats the only con because there are other drugstore options that have the same effect but cost waaaaay less (Bourjois Healthy Mix for example). However, it performs well, doesn't break me out, does not emphasise texture and is smoothing. Another good option if you don't want to buy this is the CYO lifeproof foundation. I think its a fairly new brand but Boots in UK and Ireland and Ulta/CVS have it i think.
Definitely needs to be set w a powder if you have oily skin/combo on your oily parts. On normal skin (like mine) I love the sheen and radiance. there's a pump, so can Nars do this w all their foundations please.

Overall, Nars killed it with this formula! will recommend

on 6/30/2018 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This foundation gave me the worst breakout I've had before. It's very rare for me to even break out from cosmetics in general. Some products cause sensitivity reactions as my skin is fairly sensitive, but I've never experienced anything like I did with this product. I ordered this foundation in Gobi, which is the shade I always wear in Nars foundations. The shade washed me out and left my skin looking dull and kind of grayish. There was no warmth to it whatsoever. It did have a beautiful finish though, and I really liked the coverage so I was determined to make it work. I found that the lasting power was really only average. Long story short, I wore it several different times with my skin reacting to it each time. I took breaks from it in between to make sure that's what was causing it. The last time I wore it I ended up with a pimple on my chin bigger than ANYTHING I'd ever experienced (even with hormonal breakouts there when I was younger) and one on my cheek (and I never ever break out there for any reason). The one on my chin took two weeks to go away, the one on my cheek took literally a month before the bump was completely gone, and I still have red marks from both, several months later. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing this. This experience has also made me realize that I seem to react badly to basically ALL of their other foundations; not to this extent, of course, but I always seem to have random problems with them.

on 6/25/2018 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

When I first applied this foundation, it was love at first sight. It’s a truly full coverage foundation that just makes my face look flawless and airbrushed almost. I applied it with my fingers and went in with a damp bb to blend. Patagonia was a perfect shade match. However, this transfers more than any other foundation I’ve ever tried. It never melds into the skin. I tried different primers, setting powders, and setting sprays and nothing worked. I was at my boyfriend’s house, laid my cheek on a pillow, and ALL of the foundation had come off of my face and onto the pillow. It was embarrassing to say the least but also goes to show how it just sits on top of the skin. Such a disappointment since the finish is so flawless.

on 6/25/2018 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Like others have said, I really wanted to love this. I absolutely hate this foundation. This is probably one of, if not the worst foundation I’ve ever tried.

It’s suppose to be radiant, but when I put it on it just looks greasy, and just sits there on top of the skin. Powder doesn’t even help it. I’m sooooo disappointed as I love Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation. But this is just one big fail.

on 6/19/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a truly full coverage foundation which, in spite of endless claims by cosmetics companies, is actually quite rare. It actually looks decent while doing it, too, which is even rarer. So that's where the 4 stars come from.

However. It never sets. Ever. Powder, spray, nope. It will pretend to set--for an hour. Even the Sephora girls were like "No, it never sets." And that's big for them, because they usually think powder solves everything. It also doesn't look better as the day goes on, just greasier--and I have uber-dry skin.

I wish they had tweaked this more--it has potential, and I would continue to fuss with it, but I am allergic. Sigh... FYI, it seems very similar to Clinique Beyond Perfecting in coverage, texture, and (nonexistent) staying power. The finish is better with Nars, though.