NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation
Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation

3.2

DIMETHICONE • WATER/AQUA/EAU • PHENYL TRIMETHICONE • GLYCERIN • POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE • PEG-10 DIMETHICONE • DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE • PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE • BORON NITRIDE • BIS-BUTYLDIMETHICONE POLYGLYCERYL-3 • BUTYLENE GLYCOL • TOCOPHEROL • RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT • CITRULLUS LANATUS (WATERMELON) FRUIT EXTRACT • PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT • LENS ESCULENTA (LENTIL) FRUIT EXTRACT • SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE • HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • BEHENYL ALCOHOL • BARIUM SULFATE • TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE • ALUMINUM DIMYRISTATE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE • BEHENIC ACID • STEARIC ACID • SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • STEARYL ALCOHOL • SODIUM LACTATE • POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE • TIN OXIDE • SODIUM PCA • ALUMINA • POTASSIUM SORBATE • SODIUM BENZOATE • PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE • PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER • POLYSILICONE-2 • PHENOXYETHANOL • [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): IRON OXIDES (CI 77491) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77492) • IRON OXIDES (CI 77499) • MICA • TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 6/19/2018 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a truly full coverage foundation which, in spite of endless claims by cosmetics companies, is actually quite rare. It actually looks decent while doing it, too, which is even rarer. So that's where the 4 stars come from.

However. It never sets. Ever. Powder, spray, nope. It will pretend to set--for an hour. Even the Sephora girls were like "No, it never sets." And that's big for them, because they usually think powder solves everything. It also doesn't look better as the day goes on, just greasier--and I have uber-dry skin.

I wish they had tweaked this more--it has potential, and I would continue to fuss with it, but I am allergic. Sigh... FYI, it seems very similar to Clinique Beyond Perfecting in coverage, texture, and (nonexistent) staying power. The finish is better with Nars, though.

After 40 I had to redo all my makeup and skincare. Something went down with my skin that made it very difficult to work with. Perhaps in my youth I could put anything on it and it worked....ahhhh, how we take it all for granted.
That being said I couldn’t find a decent foundation for the past 4 years.
Until now...
Total game changer. I love it. It matches. It wears beautifully. It looks AMAZING.
I’m so happy I finally have a foundation I know will look flawless when I apply it.
I enjoy putting on makeup again!

Nars Natural Radiant Longwear foundation is a lovely full-coverage foundation. My shade in this range Mont Blanc and I really enjoy the way that this foundation looks and feels on my skin. Bars suggest that you apply this foundation with your fingers, but I really don’t enjoy doing this. I did try it however, and also tried it with a brush but discovered that a beauty blender/sponge gives the best finish - full coverage but not streaky or cakey. It looks natural on the skin, almost undectable. It also feels very light, you can almost forget you are wearing it. It wears well all day, without fading or caking. My only issue was that it did seperate slightly on my chin after around 5 hours. However I simply re-blended with a damp Beauty Blender (no extra product) and it looked perfect again. My other makeup all applied easily on top of this foundation. I do find that it is not totally transfer-proof however, even when set with powder. For this reason, and the separating on the chin, I can only give this foundation 4 stars and not 5. However, it is a lovely foundation and I would happily continue to use it.

on 6/19/2018 2:58:00 AM

I have to say that I am writing this with a heavy heart. I love Nars products and I really wanted this foundation to work for me. So I was out on the market in the search of my new favourite foundation, and the reviews I found at a time about this foundation were really good.
When you put this foundation on looks like a dream, the coverage, the finish, even the colour, haven't had a better colour match before. Incredible !! That's is until 30 minutes later when everything changed completely. It starts separating big time especially on my chin and nose (my skin is normal to dry, acne prone, but not oily at all). It gets all shiny, which in it's defence it's meant to be dewy so I'll give it that, but I cannot describe the disappointment. I didn't stop though. I tried different types of primers, powders, setting spray, beauty blender vs brush etc the point is I really really wanted yo make it work because I LOVED the way it looked whrn you first put it on.
But I have up now, you can even see it in the pictures separating. And I am saying this bearing in my mind that my all time fav is L'Oreal 24H Infallible which is a 3rd of the price of Nars Radiant Longwear.

Very pleased with this foundation. Long lasting coverage and I only used a tiny amount. Skin feels so smooth and pores minimised. I apply this with beauty blender or fingers . Weather is currently humid in the UK but this doesn’t alter the longevity. I would definitely purchase again.

on 6/17/2018 1:45:00 AM

This is long wear. And unlike a lot of long wear foundation, this is no dry!

Stay all day, and not dry.

Medium to full coverage.

Deauville is too light while Vienna is dark for me, though deauville is closer. I am Bobbi brown skin foundation 2.5

Perfect liquid foundation this one. must try

on 5/25/2018 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have slightly oily skin with some texture and acne. T zone is always shiny, and usually separates on my chin.
This foundation treats my skin right- it doesn’t make me break out, it allows my skin to breath and it doesn’t clog my pores at all.
Minimizes pores, smoothes texture and acne pretty well, doesn’t separate on my chin or everywhere else, doesn’t settle into my smile lines. It pretty much sets itself and stays with a beautiful natural finish. It’s longwearing just like it claims to be. This keeps up with my skin and weather beautifully.
Easy to blend, full coverage or medium coverage- you pick. I can do so much with this.
My only problem is the shade, obviously. My skin is very olive yellow. I have medium tan complexion with strong olive undertones and I can find a shade. I tried Valencia, Aruba, Syracuse and Tahoe and NOTHING works. (I know that Barcelona and Stromboli are not my match they are too light).
For reference, I use “honeycomb 20” in Bareminerals, G+60 and G+50 in Cover FX, “Golden Natural” mixed with “Golden Amber” from Hourglass.
However if you have just brown skin, neutral brown skin or even slightly warm- these shade could match.
I’ll try Tahoe for when I’m more tan because this shade matches the darker parts in my body like my shoulders but they’re SO much darker than my face.
IF THEY COME OUT WITH MORE SHADES FOR OLIVE SKIN I WILL BUY THIS.
If they will come out with More shades for my olive skin I might as well buy it, because the product itself is very good but the shades are off. Luckily by now I have used only samples lol.

on 5/25/2018 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I traditionally have oily skin however I have found myself suffering with some dry and dehydrated patches. However, I need full coverage as I have a lot of scarring and redness.

I bought this hoping it would offer an in between of good coverage but a lighter finish. Unfortunately, I found it to cling to any dry patches horrifically, it looked so patchy and awful I had to wipe it off. Now my skin is a bit less dry, it does not look too bad, but gets oily and breaks down very quickly, so I could not wear this as an ‘all day’ foundation.

The shade range was also disappointing for me, i am fair with no real pink or yellow undertones (NW20 in MAC, Ecru in doublewear for reference), I ended up with Salzburg after struggling for a while, but this is very yellow and needs a lot of blending.

Overall, this might work well for you if you have very ‘normal’ skin, but definitely not one for combination skins.

on 5/23/2018 3:33:00 PM

I got this in fiji and it leans more yellow than the fiji in sheer glow. I prefer the sheer glow because its less drying and less matte than this. It just doesnt sit on my combo oily skin as nice and dewy as the sheer glow. Im glad i tried both because i feel you either like this or the other, they are very different foundations on my skin. I look too matte and a bit cakey and i feel that matures my skin a lot so i prefer the dewy finish{even though i get oily i just use the murad oil mattifier and the nars loose powder on top} i dont wear foundation for more than 5 hours so i dont need a super longwear one. This looked more masklike and i def looked like i have foundation on. Also the ingredients are more acne causing and irritating than the sheer glow(cosdna) the only upside to this foundation is that it is lightweight. If you like full coverage but hate the feeling then this would be good. Maybe try it with a good primer so its more smoother of an application. I dont use primers so this one is a no no for me. i pick the sheer glow

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is better than Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation. This looks so beautiful on the skin as the Luminous version, but this stays on the face way longer. I am in the color Patagonia and it is pretty much spot on. There is a tiny bit of oxidation after 3 hours, but still looks great. This is full coverage but light weight on the skin. This formula does not burn my face like the Nars Luminous version.

I tried this on one side of my face with my holy grail foundation EL DW in Dawn on the other side. They are perfect color match.

I used Urban Decay Optical Illusion primer beneath both foundations.

At 3 hours, Nars was shiny. At 6 hours, Nars was much for oily and super shiny. My friend chose EL DW side as the preferred foundation.

This is more expensive then EL and does not perform as well, but it is more coverage.

PRO: full coverage but lightweight and looks gorgeous on
CON: not long wearing and does not control oil and no sunscreen. EXPENSIVE.