3.4

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

I gave this palette a glowing review in the beginning, but after months of having this palette I realize why it really was one of Too Faced's worst palettes ever. As I said I liked it a lot in the beginning but a true indicator of how good a palette is, is if you end up getting a lot of use out of it in the long term. I used this palette a few times, and then never reached for it again. The color combination was so bad that I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to wear the colors in a way I liked. Every look I came up with just wasn't what I was looking for. Every shadow was just a sheer wash of color. Nothing special. Obviously by the name of this palette it was clear one should have expected a light array of cool toned shades. Nothing wrong with that except the price point. I believe this palette should have been cheaper priced. These are colors you can find in drugstore palettes. The only reason to buy an almost $50 dollar palette is because the colors are unique and different. Sure I should have known by looking at it that the colors weren't special, but I got it thinking I could make it work for me. Boy I was wrong. It's a good thing it's not sold anymore.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

a year ago

I love the OG chocolate palette, so I figured to give this one a try. It smells amazing but the colors are... not great. It has some nice transition shades, but everything else is really sheer and barely pigmented. For $49 there’s hundreds of other options. Disappointing.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2 years ago

I honestly love this palette. It gets a lot of hate, but I adore it. It has a beautiful shade I use all the time for transition called cake batter. Some great shimmers that pop when used over a white base. I believe if you are light skin tone it can work for you, although deep skin would be beautiful as well with mint green, peach etc. I like it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

I really love this. Admittedly, I would choose cool looks over warm anyday so I think that has a big part of it. I do like warm looks and have warm palettes but cool is more of my go to. I think that may be why people weren’t interested in this when pictures came out, everyone is more for warm looks. For example: I just had and took back th peachy Mattes and everyone seems to love that. However my issue was the shadows sucked not the colors. I knew as soon as I first saw a picture of this I wanted it. I had the white peach, too, and took that back because it was just blah to me. And the shades in there I was really drawn to I have in this. I’ve only used it a few times but want to play with it more. I got it for Christmas and recreated the “mint sugar” (so cute!) Look they did on their IG. I think the pastels in this palette are perfect for winter and spring. Chocolate syrup is awesome. It’s like a purpley mauve brown. I’ve used that, guilt free, smoked sea salt and either sugared raisin or exotica on the lid with pearl candy in the inner corner. It was such a beautiful cool, mauvey Smokey eye and looked good with my green eyes. Both matte base shades are good. The only Colors I haven’t really used are the two pinky ones and black sugar. I haven’t had any issues with th shadows themself, I think they’re nice and blend well and aren’t muddy. I also don’t feel like the shimmer/glitter shades are flakey or anything. I say yes to repurchase but idk that I would ever use everything up because I have so much eyeshadow. I think this is LE too which sucks. So I guess if I ever did use it all and it was still available id buy another. Really beautiful and really happy I got it for christmas because if not I would have been buying it myself!

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

2 years ago

I really like this palette!!!! I know like many others I was a bit thrown off at first by the color combination, it seemed a bit...odd! However, after wearing it on a regular basis for the last couple of weeks I have to admit, it's really grown on me! Admittedly there is a particular theme to the colors, I wouldn't say it's a multi-use palette or for those who prefer a more natural, conservative eye look. I've mostly created sparkly pastel looks but I think they are actually perfect for winter time so, there you go. Pearl Candy has to be my favorite of the palette, it's a perfect inner corner highlight and Banana Date is so multi-purpose it's perfection. My other two favorites are Cookie Dough and Chocolate Syrup. I would say the weakest link in this palette is Black Sugar...too much glitter and not enough pigment. Lavendar Cake and Guilt Free are also quite sheer but I think they're supposed to be and they can be built up if need be. Wear seems comparative to the other Too Faced Chocolate Bar palettes, nothing THAT special but still just fine, especially over a good eyeshadow primer. Overall I'm giving this palette 4 lippies because despite maybe a tad too much glitter in Black Sugar and Frosted Apricot, I'm really enjoying the colors. LOVE!!!!

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age36-43