Dior Crayon Eyeliner

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Dior Crayon Eyeliner

3.2

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

So, the Sephora SA recommended this to me after I asked her what was the longest lasting, waterproof eyeliner pencil she had in the store. I told her I have the oiliest eyelids and skin on the planet and every eyeliner pencil smudges off in no time. Have tried MUF, Urban Decay, Stila, Lancome, the list goes on and on. Depending on how much time I have, I use three types of eyeliner applications in the morning - the liquid eyeliners (Lancome's Artliner is #1 hands down), the eyeliner brush with gel pots (MAC fluidline tops this list), and the pencil method but I find that an eyeliner pencil is the fastest to apply and I'm always in a rush in the morning to get to work on time!
Was hoping, praying, believing this one would work but I kid you not, it was smudged within 10 minutes after applying it. It's going back. $29 plus tax for raccoon eyes?! This is after coating w/UD primer potion and I even dabbed some Hourglass mineral veil primer under my eyes and on my eyelids. And this is not applying it to my waterline - this is just lining it under my lower lash line. Disappointing is an understatement.
The hunt continues...

on 8/11/2010 4:00:00 PM

This was one of my first eyeliners. Back then, my mom wanted to pamper me and bought me this high end product. I loved it because it's very pigmented, very black and easy to apply. I also love that it includes a smudger (that's very handy) and a sharpener! The negatives are of course the price and that it does smudge. I usually wouldn't care if my mascara or my eyeliner smudge a bit because my eye make up is "kohl" like. This eyeliner doesn't last long enough though and does smudge more than other (cheaper) brands. Anyway, I wouldn't repurchase this one but I would love to try the waterproof version. For now, I'll stick to drugstore eyeliners.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was my very first eyeliner. It was very soft and smooth really easy to apply.
It is the perfect eyeliner to use for that smudging smokey eye look, however I dont wear that sort look everyday, so what I do is apply very minimal liner on my lower lid and then smudge it out to create that natural shadowy sort of look.
If you want a define line this liner is bad, because it actual does smudge.
Would I buy it again? No, I always go for the smudging lower lid sort of look, so it was not all that bad, but i like to try something else.

on 5/8/2009 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite all time liner. I have this in bronze and use it almost eyery day. It has a subtle shimmer and really lights up my blue eyes. The color is really difficult to describe as I can line my eyes and it will look bronzy but when I line the inside lid and it shows as a hilight. It is extremely long wearing but also soft and doesn't pull on the lid when lining. Great for a neutral eye as well as a dramatic eye. Just a great all around color and pencil.

on 9/12/2008 7:01:00 AM

It goes on easily and smoothly but it smudges a lot and the colour doesn't last. I'm quite disappointed.

I really like the eyeliner. It is very smooth and lasts a really long time. I also like that it comes with a sharpener too. I will repurchase again.