Dior Crayon Eyeliner

Dior Crayon Eyeliner

3.5

on 6/12/2012 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Surprised at the negative reviews... I love this eyeliner!
-Staying power is amazing! It honestly lasts all day. I can't believe others are saying that it doesn't...
-It doesn't smudge unless it is rubbed, which is why I don't recommend this to monolids.
-Pigmentation is above average but not great.
-It comes with a smudger and a sharpener.
-I felt guilty paying for this, because its so ridiculously overpriced... I bought it at a duty free and still it was nearly $30. But I admit this eyeliner is longer than your average pencil eyeliner, so more product.
Overall, this is the best pencil eyeliner I've ever used. No need to set it with powder since it is genuinely waterproof and doesn't cause raccoon eyes.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this eyeliner a lot. It is creamy and soft and smooth, so it glides easily. You can build up the color nicely. There's a good range of shades too. The smudger on the end is great and it comes with a pencil sharpener!

on 8/13/2011 3:23:00 AM

This is my review for Dior's Crayon Eyeliner, Waterproof edition in Black:

I'm sad to say the eyeliner is decent and equivalent in water performance to a drugstore eyeliner. Meaning, raccoon eyes-ready and not water-effective. Why do they keep tricking people into thinking its waterproof when it doesnt serve its most important labelling purpose?

This was my very first eyeliner pencil. My mom brought me to the Dior counter when I was 16 and was having skin problems on my cheeks, forehead, and chin so I couldn't wear much foundation. I wanted to be girly and pretty and wear makeup so she wanted to buy me some glitzy eyeshadows and maybe an eyeliner. Well, for a 16 year old girl with shaky hands and zero makeup experience, I sure got used to this thing quickly. It glides on smoothly and is fantastic color-wise, since I need a BLACK black eyeliner to go with my jet black hair and eyelashes. It's still pretty great for me now at age 20 and even with my oily eyelids, with an eye primer underneath it's pretty sweet. It's the teeniest bit smudgy and not so much fun to use when it's not freshly sharpened, but that's probably because I have a fold in my eyelid (half-monolid) and eyeliner is a you-know-what to put on anyways.
This is my HG eyeliner in terms of a kohl pencil, and even when I find a liquid/gel liner that I like (haven't found one yet), I will definitely stick with this for the bottom lash line. Love it!

on 9/11/2009 12:13:00 PM

Works like a charm on me. I use khaki, bronze, dark brown, black (the waterproof version), precious violet and taupe. They are creamy and glide smoothly, do not irritate, and blend well - I use the sponge tip for smudging under my lower lid, but use a Nars smudge brush for smudging the top lid, to get a fine line smudge for a type of cat's eye line. Pricey, but I think you get your money's worth as it would probably take me a year to even get through one if I wore it every day.

on 10/10/2008 10:20:00 AM

okayyy.. this eyeliner the black is kinda like..
not black? i dont know how that works. its kinda a bluey grey-y dark colour.. but definitely not black
and the staying power isnt that good either. like slipping and sliding all over my eyelids ? not cool.
i expect waaaay better from dior
grumph. :(
the only good thing would be the sharpener that comes with it :D

on 3/30/2008 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It s an ok product I'm not too thrilled by this.I have this in black It s not the blackest black I ve ever seen but IT s ok,the staying power Its ok smuges easely And as I said It s an ok product but for 23$ I want something perfect not just an ok product .I m very pleased with my powerpoint by mac so no reason to buy this again.

The eyeliner came with with an applicator smudge tip to smooth down the line or erase any minor mistakes. the shade I got is called 057 grey, it looks like a navy/black and colour is very smooth , blendable and not harsh at all.
The durability of the eyeliner is not very good, I applyied it in the morning and by afternoon, some colors already has faded and some smudges under my eyes,doesnt look attractive at all.In my opinion, it is expensive price tag for an eyeliner that is not very durable.I liked the texture and the colour but I will not be buying this again.

Holy smokes this eyeliner really smudges! Racoon eyes! I will not buy this again. MAC Powerpoint Eyeliner works better that this and it doesn't cost as much!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

goes on smooth, but it does smear even though i bought the aquadior, which is suppose to be waterproof. i have super oily lids and it does last longer than most eyeliners. gave it only 3 lippies just cuz it's expensive and doesn't perform as well as i would expect it to for the price i paid.