Dior Crayon Eyeliner

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Dior Crayon Eyeliner

3.7

I am a massive fan of Dior products, I use their foundations, blush etc but I was really disappointed with this product. In terms of actual eyeliner - it's very average and it's a good starting eyeliner but it is not the most durable. For its price range it is totally not worth it.

Would not buy again.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this eyeliner a lot. It is creamy and soft and smooth, so it glides easily. You can build up the color nicely. There's a good range of shades too. The smudger on the end is great and it comes with a pencil sharpener!

on 8/13/2011 3:23:00 AM

This is my review for Dior's Crayon Eyeliner, Waterproof edition in Black:

I'm sad to say the eyeliner is decent and equivalent in water performance to a drugstore eyeliner. Meaning, raccoon eyes-ready and not water-effective. Why do they keep tricking people into thinking its waterproof when it doesnt serve its most important labelling purpose?

This was my very first eyeliner pencil. My mom brought me to the Dior counter when I was 16 and was having skin problems on my cheeks, forehead, and chin so I couldn't wear much foundation. I wanted to be girly and pretty and wear makeup so she wanted to buy me some glitzy eyeshadows and maybe an eyeliner. Well, for a 16 year old girl with shaky hands and zero makeup experience, I sure got used to this thing quickly. It glides on smoothly and is fantastic color-wise, since I need a BLACK black eyeliner to go with my jet black hair and eyelashes. It's still pretty great for me now at age 20 and even with my oily eyelids, with an eye primer underneath it's pretty sweet. It's the teeniest bit smudgy and not so much fun to use when it's not freshly sharpened, but that's probably because I have a fold in my eyelid (half-monolid) and eyeliner is a you-know-what to put on anyways.
This is my HG eyeliner in terms of a kohl pencil, and even when I find a liquid/gel liner that I like (haven't found one yet), I will definitely stick with this for the bottom lash line. Love it!

on 8/11/2010 4:00:00 PM

This was one of my first eyeliners. Back then, my mom wanted to pamper me and bought me this high end product. I loved it because it's very pigmented, very black and easy to apply. I also love that it includes a smudger (that's very handy) and a sharpener! The negatives are of course the price and that it does smudge. I usually wouldn't care if my mascara or my eyeliner smudge a bit because my eye make up is "kohl" like. This eyeliner doesn't last long enough though and does smudge more than other (cheaper) brands. Anyway, I wouldn't repurchase this one but I would love to try the waterproof version. For now, I'll stick to drugstore eyeliners.

Eyes: Violet

Eh....I expected more out of Dior but I'm not happy with this eyeliner at all. You have to press down so hard just get the eyeliner on your lid. Even then, it doesn't really look dark or pigmented. On top of that, it feels more waxy and doesn't stay on too long. Back to the drawing board in finding a better eyeliner.

on 4/10/2009 6:59:00 PM

review for the colour black.This eyeliner smudges more than any el iv ever owned. And the colour isnt very black.has more brown in it.will not b repurchasing

on 9/12/2008 7:01:00 AM

It goes on easily and smoothly but it smudges a lot and the colour doesn't last. I'm quite disappointed.

I really like the eyeliner. It is very smooth and lasts a really long time. I also like that it comes with a sharpener too. I will repurchase again.

Lurvee this eyeliner!!! I've repurchased it 3 times now. The texture is creamy and smooth so it's easy to apply. This eyeliner comes with a smudger and a sharpener so that's just awesome! The price in M'sia is about 15 USD, so that's not expensive considering the incredible result it gives.