Dior Crayon Eyeliner

Dior Crayon Eyeliner

3.6

on 7/31/2016 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

NOT waterproof. Within 10mins it starts smudging, then within the hour there is a definite start to the dreaded panda eyes. There is no time where it feels like it has started to 'set'.

On one lid, I applied to both top and bottom lids - and it smudged quickly. The other lid I only did the bottom lid and it still smudged.

I have the black color. It's not as opaque as Urban Decay 24/7.

The quality of this eyeliner puts this in the same category as a drug store eyeliner. If you want a 'waterproof' eyeliner, UD 24/7 lasts approx 6 hours on me before it starts smudging, but even that isn't truly waterproof. For those that truly need this, I recommend Etude House Proof 10 which lasts over 12 hours.

Then considering that this is $44 in my country, the price is absolutely ludicrous!

Disappointing. Absolutely do not recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I adore this product! I use 594 Intense Brown/Brun Intense. I have used it forever and I will keep using it forever. It's a very deep brown, the perfect brown-black/espresso brown for my dark eyes. It applies beautifully with no tugging, but isn't so creamy that it won't last through some minor tearing. It has a great sponge smudger on the end, and comes with an elegant little sharpener. (I do wish the sharpener had a lid, as it's messy without one.) One pencil lasts me two years, and that's using it about 4-5 times per week. It does fade a bit after 5 hours or so, just needs a touchup. Before I found this, I used the L'oreal version of it and the color of that one is good, but it's so hard that even if you warm it between your fingers before applying, it still tugs at your lid. This one is SO much better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Excellent but i like the silvfer one better. It stays on for many hours.

on 4/18/2011 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm using the black, on my 3rd one now. It is awesome but obviously.. Pricey. Wouldn't say it's completely worth the price, but it's the best out of the 5 eyeliners I've tried. The other 4 had the tendency to ride down my eyes (since i don't wear base makeup) but this will endure 5~6 hours. Comes with a sharpener and a brush tip.

This is my No 1 eye pencil! I bought my first for about 10 years ago and is committed until today. Will soon buy a new one.
It is neither too soft or too hard and last for a long time. I love that there is an eraser on the other end and the pencil sharpeners supplied is also great.

on 11/8/2010 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

It's true what some of the reviewers have said-- this product is not that pigmented. However, for me I appreciate that because I never accidentally cake on too much. I can apply this product in layers until I reach the amount of pigmentation I want. Not a great pencil for achieving the smoky eye look, but great for everyday wear, especially for those who don't want to look like they're wearing a lot of makeup.

Currently, this is the only eyeliner I use. It's not perfect, but it's reliable, and I've been relying on it exclusively for years.

Eyes: Violet

Eh....I expected more out of Dior but I'm not happy with this eyeliner at all. You have to press down so hard just get the eyeliner on your lid. Even then, it doesn't really look dark or pigmented. On top of that, it feels more waxy and doesn't stay on too long. Back to the drawing board in finding a better eyeliner.

on 10/6/2009 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was really disappointed when I tried this. The color is not pigmented, it has no staying power and it's not even black. Seriously don't waste your money on this.

on 4/10/2009 6:59:00 PM

review for the colour black.This eyeliner smudges more than any el iv ever owned. And the colour isnt very black.has more brown in it.will not b repurchasing

on 1/17/2009 2:11:00 PM

I bought this in black way back in 1995. Yes, that's correct. And I'm still using it. It's travelled the world with me. When it's down to a mere stub, and I shall have to discard it, I will buy another. To me it's predictable in all weather: goes on easily, comes off easily -- which is a big plus for me. I don't even mind reapplying it later in the day if I want. I prefer mu that comes off without lots of special treatment.